on 30-05-2012 04:38 PM
This morning I have finally completed the game and I figured I might try the challenges. First one - piece of cake. But the second one (Bare Hands) - well, that is just completely different story...
Yes, I have completed it after about an hour struggle - but what epic struggle that was!
Now I have some questions for the Santa Monica studio employees - programmers, testers and managers:
- did you test this?
- did you really?
- are you sure?
- are you absolutely positive that the challenges should be driven by randomness? I mean: instead of playing the challenge, I could simply keep tossing coin until I get seven heads in a row - would be equally entertaining...
- so, about the testing, honestly, did you do any?
- I suppose this is exactly how you designed it - instead of fighting the enemies, I have to fight with the controls and seriously retarded algorithms responsible for interpretation of the controls. Yes, you are right, I definitely wanted to see this two seconds animation of smashing the guy's head against the wall, this is exactly why I'm pushing the left stick on my pad f---ing away from the wall!
- Oh, I don't mind the collision detection system not working, I can grab another enemy, I have time. It's not like I'm on the clock or something, right?
- Yep the code is just fine - I really wanted to try to grab this big guy, what else would I do? Again, this is why i hold my left stick f---ing away from the big guy. Seriously?!
- Testing? Anyone?
Seriously, nice game indeed, but the testing of extra content should is as important as testing the game itself...
Hello Anonymous! Welcome to the God of War Boards!
For the latest news and updates on what is happening in the PlayStation community, head over to our Announcements & Events forum.
To post a message, you will need to Sign In to the Forums using your PLAYSTATION®Network Sign In ID and password. If you do not yet have a PSN account, just click here to register.
For more information on God of War: Ascension click here!
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]