02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

B-spec Driver name selection

35 Replies 1,846 Views Created 29-08-2011

Dear Kazunori,

My daughter is a massive fan of Danica Patrick (indycar & nascar diver).. 

About a 2 weeks ago, while she was at her boyfriends house, she noticed the name D.Patrick pop up as her BF was scrolling names for his driver..

She came home strait away, kicked me off my game, & without any hesitation or 2nd thought, retired her LV 40 driver that took her over 7 months to train..

My daughter then spent 6.5 hours scrolling through the repeated GARBAGE list of names, with NO success..

Over the following 10 days, she spent over 5 hours per day, patiently scrolling thought the same REPETED *****ING CARBAGE, with total faith & belief it would eventually appear, BUT still NO D.Patrick...

After more than 60 hours total over 2 weeks, she finally gave up, dissapointed, dejected & angry & now, no longer has any intrest in GT5 anymore..

GT5 is the ONLY video game that my daughter has ever liked & we would spend hours playing together on weekends..

Now, we don't anymore because you *****ING ***** continue to arrogantly ignore thousands of complaints & requests to create a SIMPLE, TINY, EASY, LITLE PATCH, that won't take more than a day to construct, that allows us to create our own names for our drivers..

In my daughters own words..  "***** YOU & ***** YOUR GAME"...

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

King_Nothing6

• Beta Tester
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
King_Nothing6
Accepted Solution
settle down bro its just a name LOL
seriously the game is much more than a name aye
having the names random adds to the excitement of getting a cool name like m. schumacher or l hamilton or anything like that.
i do think you are extremely over reacting, your this upset because you cant have the name you want, im amazed.

Re: B-spec Driver name selection

/16

auto2moto

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
auto2moto
Accepted Solution

You've completely missed / ignored the point mate

My daughter spent over 60 hours scrolling throught the names because she just wanted the name of her Hero / Idol, Danica Patrick..

She's NOT interested in ANY OTHER names & b.t.w. she HATES L.Hamilton & M,R.Schumacher, yet these names have appeared over 20 times during her scrolling...

There is NOTHING exiting about getting the same repeated names, when you want a specific name..

Personaly, I'm extremely happy with the names my drivers. (E.nzo Ferrari, A.yrton Senna, S.eb Loeb & even MY real name too)  & all of them only took about 30 MIN total of scrolling to get them..

ALL of this could have been avoided with a simple patch that allows the user to enter their OWN name, so that she could spend her time ENJOYING the game, instead of WASTING 60 hours...

Beta Tester
/16

King_Nothing6

• Beta Tester
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
King_Nothing6
Accepted Solution
the time wasting could also be avoided by accepting the first name that comes up and get on with playing the actual game. your daughter should learn that she cant always get what she wants. the game is about racing cars not choosing names.
i think you are totally over reacting to something that is mildly annoying at the most. to give up playing just because you or your daughter cant have a name you want is just beyond me.
schumacher is my idol, but there is no way i would waste 60 hours trying to get his name, or throw my toys when i cant, i just play the game.
each to their own
good luck with the name,
maybe you should pick up shift 2 for your daughter.

/16

auto2moto

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
auto2moto
Accepted Solution

LMAO....  You completely ignored the point AGAIN...

1)  She DID take the 1st name given to start with & "got on" with playing the game & trained that driver to LV40.

2) If the option to enter D.Patrick, or any other name was there to start with, she'd still be playing & wouldn't have wasted all her time scrolling.

3) Her boyfriend has NFS Shift 2, she doesn't like playing it & as I stated earlier, GT5 is the ONLY video game that she is/was interested in.

4) I never said I don't play the game anymore.. I said WE don't play the game TOGETHER anymore.. 

Personally, GT5 is still my favorite game, I still play it every day & I've clocked up over 280,000 km with over 2,200 wins & I'm LV40, both A & B-spec..  

I've even driven & completed both LeMans 24 hour & Nurburgring 24 hour twice each in A-spec

/16

BERNSY001

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BERNSY001
Accepted Solution

I'm sorry if that has happened to you but mate, c'mon, it's a name. They are selected at random from a list 100's and 100' of names long. Sometimes I get Schumacher and then some random the Schumacher again. Its about the cars and tracks and the enjoyment of the racing. Personally I would have loved to get Ayrton Senna as my B-Spec as he is my hero but I am still training my 1st one so I will look for him next time.

/16

redrkt

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
redrkt
Accepted Solution

BERNSY001 wrote:

I'm sorry if that has happened to you but mate, c'mon, it's a name. They are selected at random from a list 100's and 100' of names long. Sometimes I get Schumacher and then some random the Schumacher again. Its about the cars and tracks and the enjoyment of the racing. Personally I would have loved to get Ayrton Senna as my B-Spec as he is my hero but I am still training my 1st one so I will look for him next time.

Once again nobody seems to get his point, that she want's a specific name for her B-spec driver. AND yes the name D.Patrick is in the list (she is on one of my teams also).

I have spent many hours looking for just the "right" name for my bobs and have passed many good ones by accident (we should be able to back up thru the list (or be able to create our own)).

But one word of advice, everytime you start over doing the search it resets the list of names, so if she really wants to find that name she needs to leave it on the driver setup page until she finds it.

@ auto2moto IF we could swap bob's I would be more than willing to send her my D. Patrick to add to her stable.

HMMMMMMMM, interesting concept I just suggested, being able to trade B-spec drivers (just like real life drivers changing teams each year)

[ Edited ]
Original username: Redrkt Original reg date: 12/30/03

Redrkt RacingTPRA ForumsCustoms Sigs
/16

auto2moto

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
auto2moto
Accepted Solution

Thanx heaps to " redrkt "

YOU GET IT...   THANK YOU..   

unfortunately we did over-do it a bit, BUT yes, my point STILL remains...

We also notice that little reset glitch too.. very annoying... lol.. 

while they're at it, why not add the option to send / receive drivers aswell ??    Good idea dude..

Thanx again for "getting the point"

Cheers..

/16

redrkt

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
redrkt
Accepted Solution

auto2moto wrote:

Thanx heaps to " redrkt "

YOU GET IT...   THANK YOU..   

unfortunately we did over-do it a bit, BUT yes, my point STILL remains...

We also notice that little reset glitch too.. very annoying... lol.. 

while they're at it, why not add the option to send / receive drivers aswell ??    Good idea dude..

Thanx again for "getting the point"

Cheers..

Just remember that some people cannot see the trees for the forest...... or is it forest for the trees.... argh I need more coffee.

Cheers Mate

/16

auto2moto

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
auto2moto
Accepted Solution

LMAO....  dude, that was months ago....   

You're msg also reminded me that it could do with an update....

After realising we DID over-react (sorry), we spent another 2 week's of scrolling, she finally got D.Patrick & trained to LV40 in less than a month..

Then she was lucky enough to get her own real life name aswell..  1 week later, her best friend,s name poped up..  All 3 drivers are now LV40, she's very happy & has already clocked up over 50,000 km in A-spec..

Just over 2 weeks ago, she joined 2 of my mates & myself in her 1st, 24 LeMans A-spec race & completed over 6 hours of our race in just 1 stint, starting in darkness & driving through sunrise, inc 4 hours in full wet..

Anyway, all good now, but my main point STILL remains...

The option is there for suits & helmets, SO, why not put the "option" for players ASWELL to choose their own name..  It's a VERY TINY, simple patch...  

Cheers guys.   ^_^

/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wildheart90
Accepted Solution
The random names is to stop people making curse words...

Maybe your daughter should have used that time to reassess following an over rated driver ;)

By the way, Kaz nor anyone from polyphony reads this forum, so there isn't a need to blast anyone on here. You may need their help one day and it would be silly to burn those bridges.

/16

auto2moto

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
auto2moto
Accepted Solution

hhhhmmmmm.... maybe you should actually read the responses i left with the admition of over-reacting.. 

Then, I sugest you actually read about how much we STILL play GT5...

But you don't see a problem with RANDOM names like " B.Ong, U.*****, A.*****,..???    This is just a few of more than 50 we've found & listed, so far... 

as far as an "OVER RATED' driver is concerned, Danica is still a better driver than you & MOST CURRENT MALE RACE DRIVERS could ever aspire to be, she's obviously better looking than you could achive with surgery, she's clearly got a superior & more successfull LIFE & CAREER compared to yours...   Oh, did you forget she's FEMALE...  

Danica also inspired my daughter to take up racing karts 4 years ago..  

It would probably even be a pretty a safe bet, that my daughter is a better, more attractive driver than you'll ever be aswell.. 

If this is the sort of "over-rated" driver my DAUGHTER want's as inspiration & a role model, then I can't be any more proud of her choice..

B.t.w...  I've been a Motorsport Journalist for over 25 years..  I KNOW I could list MORE career faults & mistakes made by YOUR favorite driver, and I don't even know who it is yet...  

Look forward to finding out who it is..  

Cheers dude..  ^_^

/16

BERNSY001

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BERNSY001
Accepted Solution

OK I agree with the other guy, Danica Patrick is so overated and list faults about Ayrton Senna mate. C'mon I wanna hear em. Do you have any, any at all or is he too good for you and the so called wonder women of car racing Danica Patrick.

/16

BERNSY001

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BERNSY001
Accepted Solution

Oh and 1 more thing. I race karts aswell in the Junior National Light class in Victoria. I am going to be a V8 Supercar driver when I am older and I use Senna's driving techniques to help me go faster on the track so if Senna had any faults then I have adopted these faults aswell.

/16

auto2moto

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
auto2moto
Accepted Solution

@ BERNSY001

LMAO.....  sweeeet dude..  Excelent choice..  not only MY racing idol & hero, Ayrton is my son's actual middle name...

I'm currently going through my archive of EVERY single result in just his F1 career & I WILL HAVE A LIST for you by Friday...  LOL, it's not very short..

But please let me make something VERY CLEAR...

I will NOT fault your choice to model your technique to drive & RACE like Ayrton... PERFECT CHOICE..    

The reason he was MY idol is for EXACTLY the same reasons as you, his technique, his incredible skills in the wet had NO equel at the time...

If you have also addapted his faults, then, like OUR idol, you will learn the SAME LESSONS..   This is a GOOD thing....  It's what made him so good....   DON'T EVER CHANGE THAT dude....  

I love the fact you said you want to race in V8 Supercars & NOT F1..    That alone shows just HOW GOOD it is..  We NEED more drivers like you here, creating our own future LEGENDS here...    DON'T CHANGE THAT EITHER...

LOL...  and now we're back at Danica..

So that I can spend more time on a list for you, I sugest you go to her site & READ her whole story..  

In short, what makes her a  (lol, i love this) "wonder woman" of motorsport, is for the way she's brought more intrest & inspiration to girls & their mum's, for our sport & still holds her own against the guys..  This is why she's so highly respected buy her peers..

My daughter & I also hold Leanne Tander in the same light as Danica, for exactly the same reasons & we hope she'll be back racing in a few years..

Both of these women do the same thing that Ayrton Senna does for you... They inspire....   They make YOU want to be a professional race driver..    Isn't THAT what it's all about ??? 

Last, but NOT least, good luck in the Dec 10 enduro (if entered) & I hope you'll be picking up an award at the VKA awards & we look forward to seeing you in a V8 Supercar, sooner, not later.. 

Catch you soon dude..  ^_^

/16

Foxymf

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Foxymf
Accepted Solution

It would be nice in the 21st century to see women at the peak of motor racing there are some supremely talented women drivers out there. Suzie wolf and Sabine Schmidt to name 2. But with you on the flawed genius of Ayrton Senna. Have to say got a massive place in my heart for Kimi Raikonnen though. Some of his youtube clips are hilarious. All time favourite driver is still Senna though ( the movie Senna is amazing).

/16

auto2moto

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
auto2moto
Accepted Solution

hahahahaaaaa... WOWWWWWW... this thread still up & running ??? cooooool.... gotta be close to 2 years now.. :)  

Wellllllll... my daughter eventually  found both her own name & Danica, then found her nick-name, Leanne Tander, Molly Taylor & Suzie Wolf...  then she turned 18 & got a real car.. hahaha...

Over my 4 profiles, I ended up with A. Da Silva (too many people had A. Senna), Enzo Ferrari, Alan Jones, Juan Fangio, Colin Chapman, Peter Brock, Will Power, Marcos Ambrose, Juha Kankunen, Ari Vatanen, Hannu Mikkola, Michelle Mouton, Stig Blomquist, Valentino Rossi, Ken Block & all of my best friend's names...

So if you reeeeaaaaly want a particular name, it will eventually turn up, just don't get hypnotised in a rythm & accidently skip past it... Grrrrrrrrr..... it happened a LOT..  hahaaaa...

Big fan of Suzie Wolf & only just started following Sabine Schmidt too.. None of the TV networks here have shown Suzie's documentry here yet, but a friend of mine sent it to me last week but I havn't seen it yet..

I'm enjoying the return to form of Kimi too.. Best thing he could've done was the stint in WRC, sharpened him back up again... I'd like to see him have a go at Pikes Peak too, like Loeb this year.. I recon they'd both do well. :)

/16

brady2827

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
brady2827
Accepted Solution
W. Anderson is one of six of my long-time crew drivers, and all their career levels are full. If any of your crew drivers reach full career level, you'll get a trophy. But be aware, when your crew drivers reach their prime, and start to lose their cool, their skills will eventually drop.

Danica Patrick is an almost impossible name to get for a crew driver in GT5, let alone how hard it can get to find the right one.

/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wildheart90
Accepted Solution

auto2moto wrote:

hhhhmmmmm.... maybe you should actually read the responses i left with the admition of over-reacting.. 

I did, was just letting you know for next time in case you offend someone who is easily offended, or perhaps even produce an apology to those who you over reacted too.

Thats nice, but what does it have to do with my previous reply? If anything it would make my advice even more valuable to you since you are actively playing the game and have a higher possiblity of needing to ask another question on these forums.

But you don't see a problem with RANDOM names like " B.Ong, U.*****, A.*****,..???    This is just a few of more than 50 we've found & listed, so far... 

To be honest I don't really care about names like that, and even find some fairly clever. But I would start to get really annoyed if every single name were a curse or illegible. I understand that your intentions would be good, but there are always those who abuse the system and it's the faults of the minority that affect the majority.

as far as an "OVER RATED' driver is concerned, Danica is still a better driver than you & MOST CURRENT MALE RACE DRIVERS could ever aspire to be,

I'm sorry but where did my driving ability come in to this? I never claimed to be a good driver, but at least my driver skill matches up with my regard as a driver (which is not very high).

she's obviously better looking than you could achive with surgery, she's clearly got a superior & more successfull LIFE & CAREER compared to yours...  

Tell me more from this crystal ball, since it is so obvious for you to know me even though you have seen or heard nothing from me...

Oh, did you forget she's FEMALE...  

It would probably even be a pretty a safe bet, that my daughter is a better, more attractive driver than you'll ever be aswell.. 

Honestly where are you plucking my driving ability from? or do you just like insulting people?

If this is the sort of "over-rated" driver my DAUGHTER want's as inspiration & a role model, then I can't be any more proud of her choice..

I chose Michael Schumacher as a role model when I was 4 years old, sure I found out when i was 16 that he was dubbed a cheater. But I acknowledged that and decided it did not matter to me cause I admired his ability his driving skill, his ability to win races and championships. If I didn't know anything about Danica Patrick I would have assumed she had won many races given how much America raves on about her, so that is why I think she is over-rated.

B.t.w...  I've been a Motorsport Journalist for over 25 years..  I KNOW I could list MORE career faults & mistakes made by YOUR favorite driver, and I don't even know who it is yet...  

Currently my favourite driver is Fernando Alonso.

My favourite V8 Supercars driver is Garth Tander and my favourite Nascar driver is Kyle Busch.

Cheers dude..  ^_^

/16

redrkt

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
redrkt
Accepted Solution

wildheart90 wrote:

auto2moto wrote:

I did, was just letting you know for next time in case you offend someone who is easily offended, or perhaps even produce an apology to those who you over reacted too.

Thats nice, but what does it have to do with my previous reply? If anything it would make my advice even more valuable to you since you are actively playing the game and have a higher possiblity of needing to ask another question on these forums.

To be honest I don't really care about names like that, and even find some fairly clever. But I would start to get really annoyed if every single name were a curse or illegible. I understand that your intentions would be good, but there are always those who abuse the system and it's the faults of the minority that affect the majority.

as far as an "OVER RATED' driver is concerned, Danica is still a better driver than you & MOST CURRENT MALE RACE DRIVERS could ever aspire to be,

I'm sorry but where did my driving ability come in to this? I never claimed to be a good driver, but at least my driver skill matches up with my regard as a driver (which is not very high).

she's obviously better looking than you could achive with surgery, she's clearly got a superior & more successfull LIFE & CAREER compared to yours...  

Tell me more from this crystal ball, since it is so obvious for you to know me even though you have seen or heard nothing from me...

Oh, did you forget she's FEMALE...  

Honestly where are you plucking my driving ability from? or do you just like insulting people?

I chose Michael Schumacher as a role model when I was 4 years old, sure I found out when i was 16 that he was dubbed a cheater. But I acknowledged that and decided it did not matter to me cause I admired his ability his driving skill, his ability to win races and championships. If I didn't know anything about Danica Patrick I would have assumed she had won many races given how much America raves on about her, so that is why I think she is over-rated.

My favourite V8 Supercars driver is Garth Tander and my favourite Nascar driver is Kyle Busch.

Cheers dude..  ^_^

If you are that easily offended then maybe just maybe you need to stay off the boards.

and this has what to do with his asking a question on the boards?

what a contradiction, you find them amusing but they would be annoying if they were all that way, interesting. Even more interesting since the names are already set in the game and cannot be changed per se

I see that one of your drivers is a spoiled brat who can only win by wrecking everyone else.

ANY of the B-spec drivers names can be taken any way someone wants to, just because you might have D.Patrick does not necessarily mean that it stands for Danica does it?  A name only means what it means to the person that uses it. IF you get that easily offended by words, you really need to grow a skin my friend cause life is hard and you don't always get your way in it.

/16

timmy6321

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
timmy6321
Accepted Solution

lolthread

First of all, Senna was widely regarded as a guy that would push the envelope to get wins. We look at that now and say how amazing and aggressive he was, but at the time many thought he was dangerous.

Schumacher is in the same boat, only prob with Schu is that he actually did have all of his points taken away for causing a crash.

My hero is Kimi....

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel