29 Aug 2011
By: auto2moto Member 12 Posts
Level 1

B-spec Driver name selection

35 Replies 1,431 Views Created 29-08-2011

Dear Kazunori,

My daughter is a massive fan of Danica Patrick (indycar & nascar diver).. 

About a 2 weeks ago, while she was at her boyfriends house, she noticed the name D.Patrick pop up as her BF was scrolling names for his driver..

She came home strait away, kicked me off my game, & without any hesitation or 2nd thought, retired her LV 40 driver that took her over 7 months to train..

My daughter then spent 6.5 hours scrolling through the repeated GARBAGE list of names, with NO success..

Over the following 10 days, she spent over 5 hours per day, patiently scrolling thought the same REPETED *****ING CARBAGE, with total faith & belief it would eventually appear, BUT still NO D.Patrick...

After more than 60 hours total over 2 weeks, she finally gave up, dissapointed, dejected & angry & now, no longer has any intrest in GT5 anymore..

GT5 is the ONLY video game that my daughter has ever liked & we would spend hours playing together on weekends..

Now, we don't anymore because you *****ING ***** continue to arrogantly ignore thousands of complaints & requests to create a SIMPLE, TINY, EASY, LITLE PATCH, that won't take more than a day to construct, that allows us to create our own names for our drivers..

In my daughters own words..  "***** YOU & ***** YOUR GAME"...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 36 (1,431 Views)
Level 7

Re: B-spec Driver name selection

settle down bro its just a name LOL
seriously the game is much more than a name aye
having the names random adds to the excitement of getting a cool name like m. schumacher or l hamilton or anything like that.
i do think you are extremely over reacting, your this upset because you cant have the name you want, im amazed.
Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 36 (1,426 Views)
Level 1

You've completely missed / ignored the point mate

My daughter spent over 60 hours scrolling throught the names because she just wanted the name of her Hero / Idol, Danica Patrick..

She's NOT interested in ANY OTHER names & b.t.w. she HATES L.Hamilton & M,R.Schumacher, yet these names have appeared over 20 times during her scrolling...

There is NOTHING exiting about getting the same repeated names, when you want a specific name..

Personaly, I'm extremely happy with the names my drivers. (E.nzo Ferrari, A.yrton Senna, S.eb Loeb & even MY real name too)  & all of them only took about 30 MIN total of scrolling to get them..

ALL of this could have been avoided with a simple patch that allows the user to enter their OWN name, so that she could spend her time ENJOYING the game, instead of WASTING 60 hours...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 36 (1,422 Views)
Level 7

the time wasting could also be avoided by accepting the first name that comes up and get on with playing the actual game. your daughter should learn that she cant always get what she wants. the game is about racing cars not choosing names.
i think you are totally over reacting to something that is mildly annoying at the most. to give up playing just because you or your daughter cant have a name you want is just beyond me.
schumacher is my idol, but there is no way i would waste 60 hours trying to get his name, or throw my toys when i cant, i just play the game.
each to their own
good luck with the name,
maybe you should pick up shift 2 for your daughter.
Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 36 (1,408 Views)
Level 1

LMAO....  You completely ignored the point AGAIN...

1)  She DID take the 1st name given to start with & "got on" with playing the game & trained that driver to LV40.

2) If the option to enter D.Patrick, or any other name was there to start with, she'd still be playing & wouldn't have wasted all her time scrolling.

3) Her boyfriend has NFS Shift 2, she doesn't like playing it & as I stated earlier, GT5 is the ONLY video game that she is/was interested in.

4) I never said I don't play the game anymore.. I said WE don't play the game TOGETHER anymore.. 

Personally, GT5 is still my favorite game, I still play it every day & I've clocked up over 280,000 km with over 2,200 wins & I'm LV40, both A & B-spec..  

I've even driven & completed both LeMans 24 hour & Nurburgring 24 hour twice each in A-spec

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 36 (1,399 Views)
Level 1

I'm sorry if that has happened to you but mate, c'mon, it's a name. They are selected at random from a list 100's and 100' of names long. Sometimes I get Schumacher and then some random the Schumacher again. Its about the cars and tracks and the enjoyment of the racing. Personally I would have loved to get Ayrton Senna as my B-Spec as he is my hero but I am still training my 1st one so I will look for him next time.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 36 (1,341 Views)
Level 3

[ Edited ]

BERNSY001 wrote:

I'm sorry if that has happened to you but mate, c'mon, it's a name. They are selected at random from a list 100's and 100' of names long. Sometimes I get Schumacher and then some random the Schumacher again. Its about the cars and tracks and the enjoyment of the racing. Personally I would have loved to get Ayrton Senna as my B-Spec as he is my hero but I am still training my 1st one so I will look for him next time.

Once again nobody seems to get his point, that she want's a specific name for her B-spec driver. AND yes the name D.Patrick is in the list (she is on one of my teams also).

I have spent many hours looking for just the "right" name for my bobs and have passed many good ones by accident (we should be able to back up thru the list (or be able to create our own)).

But one word of advice, everytime you start over doing the search it resets the list of names, so if she really wants to find that name she needs to leave it on the driver setup page until she finds it.

@ auto2moto IF we could swap bob's I would be more than willing to send her my D. Patrick to add to her stable.

HMMMMMMMM, interesting concept I just suggested, being able to trade B-spec drivers (just like real life drivers changing teams each year)

Original username: Redrkt Original reg date: 12/30/03

Redrkt RacingTPRA ForumsCustoms Sigs
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 36 (1,332 Views)
Level 1

LMAO....  dude, that was months ago....   

You're msg also reminded me that it could do with an update....

After realising we DID over-react (sorry), we spent another 2 week's of scrolling, she finally got D.Patrick & trained to LV40 in less than a month..

Then she was lucky enough to get her own real life name aswell..  1 week later, her best friend,s name poped up..  All 3 drivers are now LV40, she's very happy & has already clocked up over 50,000 km in A-spec..

Just over 2 weeks ago, she joined 2 of my mates & myself in her 1st, 24 LeMans A-spec race & completed over 6 hours of our race in just 1 stint, starting in darkness & driving through sunrise, inc 4 hours in full wet..

Anyway, all good now, but my main point STILL remains...

The option is there for suits & helmets, SO, why not put the "option" for players ASWELL to choose their own name..  It's a VERY TINY, simple patch...  

Cheers guys.   ^_^

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 36 (1,329 Views)
Level 1

Thanx heaps to " redrkt "

YOU GET IT...   THANK YOU..   

unfortunately we did over-do it a bit, BUT yes, my point STILL remains...

We also notice that little reset glitch too.. very annoying... lol.. 

while they're at it, why not add the option to send / receive drivers aswell ??    Good idea dude..

Thanx again for "getting the point"

Cheers..

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 36 (1,325 Views)
Level 3

auto2moto wrote:

Thanx heaps to " redrkt "

YOU GET IT...   THANK YOU..   

unfortunately we did over-do it a bit, BUT yes, my point STILL remains...

We also notice that little reset glitch too.. very annoying... lol.. 

while they're at it, why not add the option to send / receive drivers aswell ??    Good idea dude..

Thanx again for "getting the point"

Cheers..

Just remember that some people cannot see the trees for the forest...... or is it forest for the trees.... argh I need more coffee.

Cheers Mate

Original username: Redrkt Original reg date: 12/30/03

Redrkt RacingTPRA ForumsCustoms Sigs
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 36 (1,321 Views)