18 Apr 2012
Playstation Staff

B-spec Historic racing car cup Cote d'azur

5 Replies 734 Views Created 18-04-2012

Can anyone tell me how the hell I win this race? I've not played GT for quite some time now and i've decided that I have a lot of time spare now I want to try and platinum the game.

I've been told that the best way to win this race is to use the "chaparal 2J race car". I don't actually have this car so was wondering if someone could help me in getting it? Either be lending it to me or even telling me how to get it.

On the Ps3 trophies forum someone mentions a "birthday trick" could someone tell me what he means by this?

Any help would be great.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (734 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: B-spec Historic racing car cup Cote d'azur

[ Edited ]

The 2J is available via the UCD.

Some may suggest there is a pattern and can predict which game day the 2J will be in your UCD, but not sure it's a totally proven theory, and it's well beyond me either way.

Simplest/easiest/quickest solution would be to have a PSN friend that can set their 2J  to share so you have access to it.

Birthday trick ...

Spoiler

This means another different account. You have to lie when creating the account. For the 2J, seeing as it's a 1970 model, you would create an account suggesting your birth date was, eg, 19th April 1970. Then on the 19th, sign in and hopefully receive a 1970 ticket. Get your ticket, gift it to main account, and save data, and then save a copy to USB. Reload GT5, cash in your ticket, if it isn't the 2J, quit, delete save, reload USB save with 1970 ticket, and try again. Rinse and repeat untill you hit the 2J when cashing in the ticket.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (722 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Another option to win the Historic Cote d'Azur is the 1970 Toyota 7 Race Car, this is what I used.

I personally couldn't get on with the 2J, but that was probably just my driving style.

This car shows up in the UCD very rarely BUT, can be won by winning B-Spec Extreme "Like The Wind" event.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (713 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I've sent you a friend request and put a 2J on-line if you want to borrow it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (711 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thank mate. I'll not be back from work till tonight so ill have a look. God i havent played GT5 in such a long time just coming on here reading threads about it.... ahhh i love cars!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (709 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

a few trys with the old toyota the one with the big wheels takes a few trys.
http://soundcloud.com/david-ross-batchelor/tracks
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (699 Views)
0 Kudos