Games

Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

08 May 2012
By: Mr_Man_6

5 Posts

Black screen

8 Replies 561 Views Created 08-05-2012
I have just got my gt5 game out of the drawer after a long break. I was having problems during races the screen would go black but the race was still going. When the picture came back I would find myself crashed into a wall of off the track ( not fun and very fustrating ). When I put the disc in yesterday it prompted me to update in which I agreed. 1 of 15 came up on the screen and a progress bar and a message stating that the upgrades required 4000 some odd meg of hd space. I agreed and left it run over night in which it took from aprox midnight until 8am to complete. I finally got a chance to race only to find the same black screen crash into wall problem. HELP!!! What can I do?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (561 Views)
Level 3

Re: Black screen

So you have this issue with other games?

Could be your TV/Monitor not coping with the resolution and going black.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (555 Views)

I don't have the problem with any other game. I have my PS3 running on my 50 inch Samsung HD plasmaTV. I just use the auto resolution. I have not tried to select a lower resolution. Do you think that may be the problem? If so what res should I select?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (550 Views)

I have changed my resolution from 1080 to 720. The game now runs without going black. Seems a waste of resolution only being able to run on the lower setting, but I am just happy to be driving again. Thanks heaps timmy6321.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (545 Views)
Level 3

No worries.

Had the same issue with my LG Plasma. Turns out that if I selected the first of the 1080 options it was fine, but had issues with 1080p

I now run it on a 23inch LG LED monitor, and it is the best picture I have ever used.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (538 Views)
Level 6

Hey there!

Instead of necessarily accepting 720p for GT5 (and everything else) - there's a couple things you can test out.

Firstly - go through Settings -> System Settings -> Restore Default Settings (this will only wipe settings, not data.)

Then, if you haven't already, go through Settings -> Display Settings -> Video Output Settings and choose Automatic.

Depending on the outcome, then go through the above, and instead of Automatic, choose Custom and HDMI and alternately DESELECT 1080p / 1080i and see if either work for you.

-sbs

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (530 Views)

My resolution was on 1080p. I will try 1080i and if all else fails I know it works on 720. Thanks for the help. Catch ya!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (522 Views)

I have now tried resolution on 1080i and game runs fine. It seems 1080p was the only resolution that had a problem. I am back racing with good definition. Thanks again for everyone's help.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (516 Views)
Level 6

Good to know it's resolved, and that you can race in HD!

-sbs

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (513 Views)