Games

Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

09 Jan 2011
By: Gracevillle Member 7 Posts
Level 1

Blank Screen - Can't get started

4 Replies 593 Views Created 09-01-2011

I have owned GT5 for a few days.  It all worked fine at first.  Now, it will not load at all.  I just get a blank screen after getting the introduction warning message.

I have the latest PS3 update.  When I first loaded Gt5, I downloaded the Gt5 update.   It worked fine for 2 days.   Then the problem occurred.

I deleted the data and reinstalled the game.  This does no good.  I have not got to screen to ask me to download the update GT5.

When I try to run it now, I sometimes get to the warning message (do not turn off when hard drive is in use), I sometimes get the GT5 logo in black & white.  It just hangs.

When I exit the game, the PS3 beeps three times, then reboots itself.

I also have great difficulties accessing the PS Network.  And when I do access, I get disconnected after about a minute.  I have given these error codes:  80710102, 8002A548 and 80710D23.  I have no problems accessing the Internet from the PS3.   (I have changed the DNS server to the local server for my ISP, as some threads suggested, but this didn't assist.)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (593 Views)
Level 1

Re: Blank Screen - Can't get started

I know it's fairly obvious but have you done a soft reset on the PS3 ?
Holding the on/off button until it beeps which is approx 3 - 4 secs ?

The disc isn't scratched or damaged ?
I know that these are basic "red flags" but just thinking out loud and hoping it triggers other options from the community.

Perhaps call Sony on 1300 365 911 and see what they suggest.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (567 Views)
Level 1

Yes, I have done a soft reset.  The disk is ok - I checked it and it is brand new.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (563 Views)

I'm having the same problem. It's because GT5 is trying to access the servers for some reason but it can't, and it tries and tries again for fecking ages. It will load eventually, but it does this at every stage of the game which makes it unplayable

The solution is turn off your internet connection or sign out the PSN. Go to XMBC -> Settings -> Network Settings -> Internet Connection -> Disable

Should be all good after that. Of course this means you can't play online but you'll just have to live with that until the problem is fixed...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (538 Views)
Level 1

Thanks.  That is really poor design.  You would think that Sony would do better than that.  Especially with the new consumer protection laws in Australia that came into effect last week, selling an un-playable game subjects Sony to all sorts of legal problems.  

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (512 Views)