28 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

Cote D'Azur AI glitch ever going to be fixed?

12 Replies 829 Views Created 28-06-2012

I'm not the only one who's suffered this glitch where the AI drivers (particularly my B-Spec drivers when overtaking through tunnel) turn in too early at Nouvelle Chicane crashing into barrier or alternatively for no apparent reason hits barrier at start of start/finish straight.  I find it ridiculous that even 18 months after release this bug/glitch still exists when it causes driver to lose the race.  I'm all for realism with driver error but surely this is beyond a joke when the even a top level driver crashes almost every race at that circuit (I lost count of the amount of attempts it took to win the B-Spec World Classic Car Championship race due to it).

On a side note, I would like to see GT6's B-Spec drivers abilities boosted by the players results in licenses. For example, getting Gold in cornering test will boost drivers cornering ability more than Bronze or Silver.  This would make the licenses more relevant to the game. I look through the profiles of my friends who have completed main game but haven't made any effort with licenses probably because there is no benefit from spending the time trying to get Gold's (not even trophies unless you get gold in everything) when even the cars awarded aren't anything particularly special

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (829 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Cote D'Azur AI glitch ever going to be fixed?

I have to say I found this to be really annoying but I doubt it will ever get fixed. I even found that my Bob was quite good at hitting the barriers and getting stuck without the help of the AI cars. From memory I think it also affected one of the earlier B spec seasonal events. I think that this B spec event was definitely the one that generated the most swear words in my house!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (807 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I hear you loud and clear in much the same way as, I'm pretty sure, my neighbours used to hear me yelling at the glitch too!  One thing that DOES help hugely is to set up your car to oversteer - positive front Toe Angle is best IMO. The other problem corner I find with this track is Virage Antony Noghes - the very last right hander before starting over. Every single lap the right rear clips the Armco, causing yet more frustration, and too much induced oversteer makes Bob hit the Armco with the front left instead - there just is no middle ground, that I can find, to compensate for this miserable state of affairs.

On a brighter note, I've managed to stop Bob spinning off every lap at the Nürburgring GP/F (FGT World Cup) through car set up - another thing that used to drive me absolutely nuts!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (766 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

you could always set him to calm down before he enters the tunnel....calm him down again after the swiming pool....works most times :smileywink:
2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca photo 2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca-1_zps09f27495.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (761 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Raybrig_ wrote:
you could always set him to calm down before he enters the tunnel....calm him down again after the swiming pool....works most times :smileywink:

Hi Raybrig. You mean you have a Bob that actually takes notice of you? :Lol:

Yeah, that works 'after' you take the lead.  :smileyhappy:

BTW - don't you just love it that the Spell Checker wants to change your name to Airbag? That did make me laugh out loud!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (757 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

If Bob actually responded to my instructions that might work but as the approach to Nouvelle is one of the better overtaking areas on a tight twisty track you lose the chance if asking him to calm down each lap just because the parameters that dictate the AI driving line have been poorly programmed.  If this was a F1 game and the AI drivers constantly crashed at that point then there would be uprorar amongst players because its not realistic and yet in GT5 (a game which plays on its realism) its not considered significant enough to warrant a fix?  Surely just resetting/adjusting the apex point or the workable driving lines around those corners couldn't be that big a job, could it?  

Bob should have been programmed to 'learn' circuits with each lap in the same way that on a first attempt you expect cautious approach with odd mistake but after plenty of laps Bob should be bombing round comfortably making minimal mistakes and with decent lap times.  As it stands there is no improvement in track knowledge whether lvl 5 or lvl 40. Yes, he may be quicker overall but he's still making the same basic mistakes over and over. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (750 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I agree dude, but it does work, bob do listen...mine do :smileyhappy: for the Monaco B specs i try to keep him in the middle of the bar not too cool or too hot...i start to calm him down just after or at Lowes...should give you two times to chill him out..but if he takes the inside line.....chances are he will hit the barrier..so yeah your right on this one too, should have been fixed ages ago!
2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca photo 2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca-1_zps09f27495.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (688 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

My Bob were able to bypass the whole section without any collisions made with those specular barriers, I tend to keep my Bob temperature at the middle.

Tho I saw many other AI cars bashing into those barriers but my Bob won the race quite easily.

It is not a glitch, it is just making the Bob get into a Berserk mode which makes the accidents to happen.

(Senna & L.Hamilton way)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (682 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I don't mind it when the AI I'm racing against do it, but when B-Spec Bob decides to I'm not as happy. Keeping him calm seems to work, but sometimes when they're in a battle, they don't pay full attention :Lol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (645 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It is now January 2013 and this problem has still not been rectified. On a 10 lap race the barriers are struck at least 1-2 times per lap even with highly skilled bob.

I appreciate that even world champion drivers hit barriers but come on this amount of time is just ridiculous and the problem not been thought out. Platstation have rectified "Issues" in the past, why not this one

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (399 Views)
0 Kudos