12 May 2012
By: firstdave Member 177 Posts
Level 3

DFGT PEDALS ????????????

10 Replies 435 Views Created 12-05-2012

Hi all,I recently read somewhere that you can replace the dfgt pedals with better ones but they never said which and from where as i cant find any anywhere,Does banyone out there know if this is right,

Dave.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (435 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: DFGT PEDALS ????????????

Hi Dave. May I ask, why do you want to change just your pedals? Are they that bad?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (411 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Hi mate. Its the brake pedal it is almost as light as the gas pedal  (which feels fine) but since i posted this i have found a fix for this on youtube by way of tensioning up the internal springs slightly and reports from those who have done it say it is a vast improvement.I did consider a G27 setup from currys for 179 but when i got there they said the offer had ended and it was now 249 so just didnt bother and now ive got use to the DFGT the only bad bug is the brake but hopefully sorted tomorrow.

Dave.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (401 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Ah, I wondered what happened to your G27 plans. That's a shame. You never know, it may come back down in price again. I've seen it advertised for as little as £150 and as expensive as £320, but you have to be quick when the good deals come out.

But if you're happy with your DFGT, then you're doing the right thing, by "improving" the pedal design.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (378 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

DFGT pedals work fine, I don't see the apparently light feedback as a problem, the pedals are perfectly responsive, which is all that matters.

Go Lotus F1 for 2012!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (375 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Some cars have very soft pedals!

Go Lotus F1 for 2012!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (374 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I can only relate to real driving where the break pedal is gives much much more resistence than the throttle and both being the same just doesnt feel right at all.Its a personal preference and having messed with a g27 in the shop the brake felt stiffer than the throt which is how i think it should be and its not like that on mine.

Dave.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (372 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Don't know if I have been lucky or not. Or is just the set you have. But my break pedal has always had more resistance than the throttle pedal.

Whaaaaat?Alphazone4@RenegadEuphoriXWatch Me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (363 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Now that I've started driving lessons, I've noticed there is a lack of resistance from the brake pedal compared to in real life. But for £80, I can't complain :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (358 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Done it.An easy fix too.Now when i brake it feels much better as before when braking hard and fast it would thud against the stopper now it gets real tight near full stroke and doesnt bottom out hard giving much more feel ive also found it to work well with F12011 too as i am getting use too no ABS and had a habit of lightly touching the breaks while driving and causing lots of probs particulaly wet races but now its not so sensitive to light touches.A vast improvement for me and i feel much happier with the setup now.

Dave.  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (351 Views)
0 Kudos