88%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

DLC on the way

35 Replies 907 Views Created 29-07-2011

In a tweet posted at 19:45 this evening Yamauchi san indicated that DLC was on the  cards. After updates on Bug fixes and featue updates. So there you have it from the man himself.

アップデート準備中です。まず不具合修正、その次は機能アップデートとDLCか。巨大な制作システムのスタジオ分散は思ったより大変だ・・・。RT @iwan_gt_celtics: @Kaz_Yamauchi 福岡への移転が終わったらアップデートと次回作の製作頼みますよ!

Translated:-

Updates coming soon. First bug fixes, feature updates and DLC or the next. Huge studio production distributed systems is difficult than expected. RT @ iwan_gt_celtics: @ I ask you have finished production of his next transfer to Fukuoka and the update Kaz_Yamauchi!

Cheers

Hentis

0 Kudos
LABELS:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

MastrGT

98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

We can't exactly go on what Kazunori or anyone else at PD/SONY says, really.

We still have to wait and see WWGITE (what we get in the end).

For example, getting over 1000 cars meant getting about 20% in hi-def and the remainder in "standard" res. Getting on-line in GT4 meant, nope, no on-line this time. Getting drag strips in GT 3 & others meant we are still waiting.

Pick a number, the end of the line is over there. 

0 Kudos

Re: DLC on the way

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Realistically i think;

- Midrace saves for endurance races.

- An update of certain standard cars to premium.

- Maybe some more race events, or seasonal events will come thinker and faster?

What I would like to see a return of is;

- Being able to constatnly win prize cars over and over again and sell them on. This made previous GT's worth grinding more. 

- Older tracks to return (most important to me)

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Danlisa

• Beta Tester
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Danlisa
Accepted Solution

Since everyone's adding their thoughts, here mine. :Lol:

Feature Updates:

Track Designer expanded to include additional locations and the ability to create extended offline events.

Multiple thumbnail generation for your garage.

720p Video recording.

Expansion to A-Spec competitions.  To include tracks that PD added but never used (*****?) Also, to include Rally competitions.

Expansion to Remote Races.  Allow the host to create their own events and select time frames.

Choice to remove perma mods to all vehicles.

ALL premium models to include ACCURATE fuel gauges. 

DLC:

All Stealth and Chromeline cars as Store DLC.

New Premium models (I don't think PD will bother upgrading standards, there's no point).

New tracks and locations.  El Capitan for starters please. 

A-Spec Expansion - If PD can't include them in the feature updates, I'll gladly take DLC in the form of Rally events and events using the 'unused' standard tracks.

Anyway, there's my 'unreasonable' wants and TBH, I don't expect any of them other than changes to the Custom Track maker and the Stealth/Chromeline DLC.

Oh, just to add some drama, if PD don't add these, I will never play a GT title again. :p 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
Oh I forgot one that always grinds my gears!

Customised garage so I can set the order of cars to where I want them and permanently! NOT have it reset every time I leave! :Argh: and then some more :Argh:

0 Kudos

/16

Gavster11

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gavster11
Accepted Solution

Hentis wrote:

Now excuse me while I go and pick up my toys!!!

Cracked me up, thanks Hentis! :Lol:

0 Kudos

SEN: Gavster11
XBox Live: gavster11
/16

MSTER232

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MSTER232
Accepted Solution

WORBBLY wrote:

Racing Wheels on standards! Racing wheels on standards! Racing wheels on standards!

COME ON!

If you stare hard enough throught the tinted glass of a standard car, you can see the basic things you'd expect in any car but it isn't detailed. And even so, the interior is completely blacked out and if you want to see inside then you have to look directly side-on while the car is in a well-lit area. However it's not possible to see through all standard car windows. If done right you should see the following inside: 

• The Driver (Obviously) 
  • Steering Wheel
  • Dashboard
  • Interior Car Mirror
  • Seats

That's about it.

0 Kudos

http://lbp.me/u/MSTER232
/16

VFTxE

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
VFTxE
Accepted Solution

WORBBLY schreef:

Racing Wheels on standards! Racing wheels on standards! Racing wheels on standards!

COME ON!

I'd rather have more premium cars next to standards (like the Enzo) so you can buy the Veyron premium and standard 

and i want it free

AND I WANT TOP GEAR AUSTRALIA!!!

no for sure they have also a good testtrack

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Damo16ncfc

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Damo16ncfc
Accepted Solution

All the missing gt4 tracks are highest priority on my wishlist.

More premium cars would be nice an all but I think that should be done in a form of ongoing updates and not DLC so like ... 20-30 cars converted to premium with each update (every 2-3 months I guess?)

And then just a few brand new cars.. I personally feel the 70s-90s era isnt too well represented in terms of european cars, both supercars and normal production cars. But I'll take whatever they give...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

SilentShadow777

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SilentShadow777
Accepted Solution
i would love to see the return of the speed test track, the one with massive long straights and high banked corners
0 Kudos

Twitter @SilentShadow777
Destiny Profiles Hunter | Titan | Warlock
/16

Hentis

88%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hentis
Accepted Solution

Damo16ncfc wrote:

More premium cars would be nice an all but I think that should be done in a form of ongoing updates and not DLC so like ... 20-30 cars converted to premium with each update (every 2-3 months I guess?)

And then just a few brand new cars.. I personally feel the 70s-90s era isnt too well represented in terms of european cars, both supercars and normal production cars. But I'll take whatever they give...

I was ROFLMAO at the hilighted points. I really think you have two hopes  One in hell and No hope.  I fear you maybe one of the many that might just be dissapointed.

Hentis

0 Kudos

/16

Damo16ncfc

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Damo16ncfc
Accepted Solution

Hentis wrote:

Damo16ncfc wrote:

I was ROFLMAO at the hilighted points. I really think you have two hopes  One in hell and No hope.  I fear you maybe one of the many that might just be dissapointed.

Hentis

Games been out a year or so now and I honestly doubt all PD have been doing in that time is just making seasonals and updating the OCD so if they released the missing tracks (remastered obviously) I wouldn't actually be that surprised.

As for the cars Im talking as a long term project which again I cant see why is so unrealistic. We've waited far too long for this game, for it to be released and immediately abbandoned. I dont want to or expect to see gt6 until 2014 at the VERY earliest. For gt5 to just stay as it is content wise for at least 3 years... Thats what I would find unrealistic...

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Hentis wrote:

Damo16ncfc wrote:

I was ROFLMAO at the hilighted points. I really think you have two hopes  One in hell and No hope.  I fear you maybe one of the many that might just be disappointed.

Hints

That's half the point of a ''wishlist'' wishing for something that you might never get :| I don't see why its so funny? We're all entitled to say what we would most likely to see return, whether a possibility or not. It was hardly out of the question either but at the end of the day its PD's game and they will add what they see fit, or if it is a highly requested feature like the mid race endurance saves.

Anyway: Most probably at the end of August. First there will be fixes for bugs occurred with the previous update. Sorry if this one will turn out to be a lean update.

Is Kaz's latest update on the next update.

0 Kudos

/16

babaoriley3

96%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
babaoriley3
Accepted Solution
This is what I like about PD, always updating the games to iron out flaws and give a better experience for everyone.
0 Kudos

/16

xXm3RkStR11Xx

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xXm3RkStR11Xx
Accepted Solution

can't wait for the DLC hopeing for more cars defo and also hoping for a wider range alloys on game ... there good but a few more would be appreciated and also maybe will include a few new tracks ???

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
Wont be in update 1.11, 1.11 it will be more bug fixes and 1.11 wont be till end of August at earliest. This was posted in more tweets
0 Kudos

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

Fix your 3.5mm headset mic issues with a solution....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Click Here <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Subscriber Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now... free versions built in to console OS...
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel