Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Desperate!! Help me out and win a flash car!!

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!  I hate this effing event, I hate this effing car, I hate this effing track and I am seriously starting to hate this effing game!!!

Can I sue PD for loss of sanity?

Think I am just gonna have to accept that for whatever reason, I simply cannot do this trial :smileysad:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25 (317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I actually did this one with the Pad since I didn't have my dfgt back then and it is undeniably the hardest event in the game, I've golded everything except the 24hr races in the game and that event is the only one that took more than 2 hours worth of attempts to complete.

It is of course easier with the wheel but with the pad I do remember literally trying every possible technique in racing whilst doing this. In the end it turned out drifting through the first couple of hairpins as well as the last turn did it for me.

So, coming up to the first hairpin I got onto the brakes late and as I was getting close to the corner I handbraked the car into a drift that just sent it around the corner and set it up immediately for an entry into the second hairpin where I also used the handbrake to drift around and exit onto the short straight.

3rd hairpin same drill although when drifting out of the 4th you have to be very careful not to hit the curving wall.

Over the wooden bridge and the 5th corner I actually took as smooth as possible, a mini drift wont hurt you at all but sticking to slower entry faster exit was best for me on this one.

Through the tunnel and onto the 6th right which you enter from wide left, stick as close to the right once you enter and you will set yourself up for a flyer through the 7th corner that follows straight after, these 2 have to be taken quickly and were the hardest corners on the track for me.

Finally onto the horrific last corner where you cut across the sand to keep as tight a line as possible and the tinniest drift here dead in mid-corner had sent my flying through the exit to finish.

Time : 1 : 16 . 950

If you wish I can get the sector times as well as corner speeds from the replay and edit them into the post.

Hope this helps good luck

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25 (310 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Use manual gears it helps a lot. Also shift down quite early so you are using as much of the engine brake as possible. since you seem to be ok to the tunnel and that is a tough corner, the tip is to stay as wide as possbile for it then cut it as much as possbile. i think the dirt sorta helps pull you round a bit. this should help with straightlining the next bit. also on the final turn youll be surprised how late you can brake and how much you can cut it and get away with.

hope this helps you.

mayzie12

Check my youtube channel if you want for GT5 Videos of me drifing using my G25!
http://www.youtube.com/user/imayzie12?feature=mhum
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25 (298 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Damo16ncfc

Just out of interest, what race settings (TLC/ABDS etc) did you use with the pad?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25 (275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.17.001  !!!

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25 (258 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

i hate when you get so close like that . just give it another try youll do it soon

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25 (253 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

OK, that's it, I give up!!

I have spent 4 hours solid tonight doing this stupid trial over and over.

That has been the pattern for the past week and considering it takes just over a minute each run, or less if I screw it up, that gives you some idea of just how many times I have attempted this thing.

It's not gonna happen, simple as 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25 (231 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

have you ATM turned off ?

320 GB Slim, 42" Panasonic 3D Full HD Plasma
Come join me and others in a community with almost 2000 people
MGL
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25 (221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Ker-chowww!!!

1:16:917

I know I said I had given up but couldn't resist a couple more goes and I finally did it!!!

I knew this run was close and I actually closed my eyes on the final run to the line, went to make a coffee and have a wee before coming back to see if I did it or not :smileyhappy:

I can't really say there was anything in particular that clicked, I simply went over each section in turn until I could get the line I wanted in each section EVERY time, then it was just a case of powering to the last big curve and trying different things til I got it right.

May have been a fluke, I dunno but I aint trying again to find out.

Although nobody was able to really give me the killer tip I was hoping for, I am in such a good mood that I am gonna give a flash car away anyway:

Damo16ncfc

1.  For giving the most in-depth advice.

2.  "Through the tunnel and onto the 6th right which you enter from wide left, stick as close to the right once you enter and you will set yourself up for a flyer through the 7th corner that follows"

It was trying to get to the right of that turn that led me to find a "sweet spot" just to the far left of the tunnel exit which in turn made me hit that right turn in a certain way that kind of "catapulted" me around the corner which and I was soon able to do pretty much every run and concentrate on that last long curve.

So I will put up a list of cars when I get a bit of time, in the meantime, if you have any particular car in mind let me know and I will send it if I have it.

And finally, my revenge/reward :smileyhappy:

Eiger Nordwand Short Track.jpg

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25 (195 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

@ Damo16ncfc

Here is the list of cars for you to choose a prize :smileyhappy:

http://pastebin.com/JYt6cZe0

Please note, this isn't a trading list, it's my prized collection people 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25 (179 Views)
0 Kudos