12 Dec 2010
By KarlG
Playstation Staff

G25 brake glitch

16 Replies 1,242 Views Created 12-12-2010
Hi, I have the Logitech G25 and its been working fine for the past few years. With GT5 it sometimes registers the brake being as much as half on. When my foot is nowhere near it. I have heard other people having the same problem. It still isn't fixed for me, but is there some kind of work around to fix it? I have managed to get all golds so far but it's starting to get hard with the higher powered cars. Not only is it slowing me down, it's also making my car unstable through turns. Rather annoying and near makes te game unplayable for me. To busy looking if my brakes are left on than looking for apexes etc Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (1,242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: G25 brake glitch

[ Edited ]

KarlG wrote:
Hi, I have the Logitech G25 and its been working fine for the past few years. With GT5 it sometimes registers the brake being as much as half on. When my foot is nowhere near it. I have heard other people having the same problem. It still isn't fixed for me, but is there some kind of work around to fix it? I have managed to get all golds so far but it's starting to get hard with the higher powered cars. Not only is it slowing me down, it's also making my car unstable through turns. Rather annoying and near makes te game unplayable for me. To busy looking if my brakes are left on than looking for apexes etc Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. :smileyhappy:

Hi Karl, I haven't had a problem with the brake, but I did notice the accelerator coming on on it's own a while back, only slightly though.

I fired up Prologue just to make sure it wasn't a faulty pot, and it wasn't, it was definately GT5, can't remember which car it was in, maybe the SLS Mercedes?

But no brake problems to report.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (1,235 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

KarlG wrote:

I had the same issue with my brake as well, I have the clubsport pedals but I'm sure its the same problem.  When you turn on your wheel to calibrate, hold down the brake pedal during the calibration about 2 - 5cm and that should fix your brake being on problem.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (1,161 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i have a g27 and it sometimes does it to me too but only a little bit.
GT5_RacingTeam - www.gran-turismo-5.webs.com

Forum, Tuning & settings department, Friendly drivers, Decent online rooms, advice and help.

Professional and beginner drivers welcome. Sign up now!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (1,140 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Try like I said hold down the brake pedal a little before you turn on your wheel, it will work.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (1,062 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I had the very same problem with my dfgt and my solution involved a hacksaw and a sharp knife bit ***** off I had to resort to butchering my pedals would of been so much easier if PD had included the ability to alter the deadzones..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (1,009 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

chatty72 wrote:

I had the very same problem with my dfgt and my solution involved a hacksaw and a sharp knife bit ***** off I had to resort to butchering my pedals would of been so much easier if PD had included the ability to alter the deadzones..

LOL.......That would have been my last resort, and I don't think I still would have done that.

Yes PD should have included deadzone adjustably, but holding the brake down a tiny bit while calibrating moves the dead zone down so when your not on the brake it's not coming on.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (996 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Tried all of them supposed calibration techniques and none worked hacking at the pedal base was my last reosrt.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (978 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This is worrying to hear, that all the latest wheels are suffering problems, i am still using my Driving Force Pro and was looking to upgrade soon, but my wheel has no problems with this game.

Why is the old wheel not suffering problems but the new wheels are?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (951 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Is this fixed in the 1.05 update? I hope so!

I have this same annoying prob with my G25 brake flickering on and off. kills too much speed to play.

There is nothing wrong with the wheel itself. Am using it for rfactor, GTR2,  iracing etc

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (867 Views)
0 Kudos