94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

G25 brake glitch

16 Replies 1,355 Views Created 12-12-2010
Hi, I have the Logitech G25 and its been working fine for the past few years. With GT5 it sometimes registers the brake being as much as half on. When my foot is nowhere near it. I have heard other people having the same problem. It still isn't fixed for me, but is there some kind of work around to fix it? I have managed to get all golds so far but it's starting to get hard with the higher powered cars. Not only is it slowing me down, it's also making my car unstable through turns. Rather annoying and near makes te game unplayable for me. To busy looking if my brakes are left on than looking for apexes etc Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. :)
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

SSRacingUK

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SSRacingUK
Accepted Solution

KarlG wrote:
Hi, I have the Logitech G25 and its been working fine for the past few years. With GT5 it sometimes registers the brake being as much as half on. When my foot is nowhere near it. I have heard other people having the same problem. It still isn't fixed for me, but is there some kind of work around to fix it? I have managed to get all golds so far but it's starting to get hard with the higher powered cars. Not only is it slowing me down, it's also making my car unstable through turns. Rather annoying and near makes te game unplayable for me. To busy looking if my brakes are left on than looking for apexes etc Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. :)

Hi Karl, I haven't had a problem with the brake, but I did notice the accelerator coming on on it's own a while back, only slightly though.

I fired up Prologue just to make sure it wasn't a faulty pot, and it wasn't, it was definately GT5, can't remember which car it was in, maybe the SLS Mercedes?

But no brake problems to report.

0 Kudos

Re: G25 brake glitch

[ Edited ]
/16

x_MONZA_x

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x_MONZA_x
Accepted Solution

KarlG wrote:

I had the same issue with my brake as well, I have the clubsport pedals but I'm sure its the same problem.  When you turn on your wheel to calibrate, hold down the brake pedal during the calibration about 2 - 5cm and that should fix your brake being on problem.

0 Kudos

/16
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GT5_FastNFurious
Accepted Solution
i have a g27 and it sometimes does it to me too but only a little bit.
0 Kudos

GT5_RacingTeam - www.gran-turismo-5.webs.com

Forum, Tuning & settings department, Friendly drivers, Decent online rooms, advice and help.

Professional and beginner drivers welcome. Sign up now!
/16

x_MONZA_x

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x_MONZA_x
Accepted Solution
Try like I said hold down the brake pedal a little before you turn on your wheel, it will work.
0 Kudos

/16

chatty72

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chatty72
Accepted Solution

I had the very same problem with my dfgt and my solution involved a hacksaw and a sharp knife bit ***** off I had to resort to butchering my pedals would of been so much easier if PD had included the ability to alter the deadzones..

0 Kudos

/16

x_MONZA_x

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
x_MONZA_x
Accepted Solution

chatty72 wrote:

I had the very same problem with my dfgt and my solution involved a hacksaw and a sharp knife bit ***** off I had to resort to butchering my pedals would of been so much easier if PD had included the ability to alter the deadzones..

LOL.......That would have been my last resort, and I don't think I still would have done that.

Yes PD should have included deadzone adjustably, but holding the brake down a tiny bit while calibrating moves the dead zone down so when your not on the brake it's not coming on.

0 Kudos

/16

chatty72

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chatty72
Accepted Solution

Tried all of them supposed calibration techniques and none worked hacking at the pedal base was my last reosrt.

0 Kudos

/16

savill

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
savill
Accepted Solution

This is worrying to hear, that all the latest wheels are suffering problems, i am still using my Driving Force Pro and was looking to upgrade soon, but my wheel has no problems with this game.

Why is the old wheel not suffering problems but the new wheels are?

0 Kudos

/16

BitRusty

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BitRusty
Accepted Solution

Is this fixed in the 1.05 update? I hope so!

I have this same annoying prob with my G25 brake flickering on and off. kills too much speed to play.

There is nothing wrong with the wheel itself. Am using it for rfactor, GTR2,  iracing etc

0 Kudos

/16

KarlG

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KarlG
Accepted Solution
Still having problems. When you say power up do you mean when I put the plug in the mains or when i plug the USB in the console? Thanks This the the problem I'm having http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXsJy16C5vs&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sometimes it's so bad the car wont pull away
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Eagle_CFC

76%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Eagle_CFC
Accepted Solution

Sadly pedal issues are common with Logitech wheels, mine was registering a slight braking quite often even when the pdeal wasn't being used, my old man fixed mine for me with new wiring and a solering iron

0 Kudos

/16

KarlG

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KarlG
Accepted Solution
Nothing wrong with my hardware. All othergames are fine. Even gt5 prologue works fine. Just something wrong with gt5
0 Kudos

/16

Ichijoe_H

88%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ichijoe_H
Accepted Solution

KarlG schrieb:
Nothing wrong with my hardware. All othergames are fine. Even gt5 prologue works fine. Just something wrong with gt5

This!!

@Eagle CFC  are you really gonna try and tell me my brand new, and used probably less the 10 Hours Logitech G27 is defective?

No I don't think so, not when "These Problems" suddenly go AWOL in every other Game that supports this Wheel. (i.e. Dirt2, NFS:HP, F1-2010 [On the PS3], and the Demo of rFactor [PC])

No I ain't having none of it!

This is a problem with Gran Turismo PERIOD!

But, this is what happens when you gimp the Wheels that, don't line your Pockets in that special way that only the Thrustmaster can do for PD and SCE. (Not to mention Thrustmaster themselves).

And don't doubt for a second that they don't.

There was NO EXCUSE not to have had support for the G2x FROM THE VERY BEGINNING!

They are just looking to sell the T500RS ZMOG $600.00(USD), Wheel to the Noobs 'cause it has a shiny GT Logo on it.

HELL THE DAMNED thing doesn't even have an H Shifter for all that.

Sadly I suspect it'll be a cold day in Hell before we see any kind of Patch for this.

AND WORST OF ALL WE'RE A TOTAL DISORGANIZED DOLTS THAT NO ONES GONNA TAKE SERIOUSLY IF WE AS G2x OWNERS REMAIN SO IGNORANT OURSELVES ASSUMING THAT IT COULD NEVER BE ~THAT GAME~ OH NO NOT MY PRECIOUS GT5. IT HAS TO BE THE WHELL.

Then my advice to you is to be a good S0NY buttkisser and get the T500RS then.

We really need to start organizing here.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Eagle_CFC

76%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Eagle_CFC
Accepted Solution
oooooooooooookay, didn't realise the issue was only in GT5 sorry if I missed something. All I was saying is pedal issues are common with Logitech wheels, google it, I am in no way making this up . My wheel is an old PS2 one from GT3 so my comment was about logitech wheels in general tbh.

http://tinyurl.com/2v5dqzw
0 Kudos

/16
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GT5_FastNFurious
Accepted Solution
i was having some bad problems with the g27 'brake glitch' last week. i tried what someone else recommended. when your loading gt5 the wheel will 'calibrate' itself (when the wheel spins round to the left and right on its own', while its doing this put your foot 100% down on the brake pedal during this process. seems to have solved the 'brake glitch' (touch wood!).
0 Kudos

GT5_RacingTeam - www.gran-turismo-5.webs.com

Forum, Tuning & settings department, Friendly drivers, Decent online rooms, advice and help.

Professional and beginner drivers welcome. Sign up now!
/16

D_Zahra

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
D_Zahra
Accepted Solution
just got the dfgt, was really suprised by the force of the wheel. It is stronger than i expected. i thought i was going to break it. As for the pedals my brakes do flicker occasionally during driving on gt5. I find that if you let the brake flick back a bit instead of slowly releasing it the brake doesn't come on until you use it.
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel