24 Nov 2010
Playstation Staff

G27 Setup

11 Replies 1,509 Views Created 24-11-2010

I have a G27 Racing seat setup.

Can anyone tell me how I can remap/set the Clutch pedal as the brake for left foot braking like I can in F1 2010 and also reduce the 900 degrees turning circle so I'm not constantly crossing my arms as much.

All of this is implemented in F1 2010 and Need for Speed Shift so I'm a little annoyed that Polyphony couldn't list the G27 under the racing wheels and let us tweak the settings easily. Thought this was THE DRIVING SIMULATOR. Don't get me wrong I love the game but really surprised that one of the most popular Racing Wheel/pedal setups is not directly supported in the menus.

That is my only grip so far with this awsome game though. Steering, Accelerating and braking all feel spot on so far and change nicely depending on car used. i.e The Lotus Elise on Top Gear Test Track is a real handful at the back end and had me using oposite lock in most corners and smoking the tires up. ;-) NICE

GT5 • Logitech G27 • 42" Full HD LCD • Surround Sound • Bluetooth Headset • Eyetoy Head Tracking • Yeah Baby!!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (1,509 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: G27 Setup

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Sorry I cant really help you but can I ask you a question? How did you get your G27 working? I don't see it listed in the options either?

Most of the buttons don't work and the paddles don't work?

Probably doing something stupid I know....

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (1,437 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

When you plug it in the wheel works fine and has all the funtions i.e. clutch, H-pattern etc but its not listed in the options so it's not officially supported so you can't adjust the settings or buttons. It's very annoying.

Join us at TORA - The Online Racing Association

www.theonlineracingassociation.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (1,428 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks...... Just didn't know if you selected another type...

Col
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (1,364 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I'm using a G27 and would also like to use my "clutch" pedal as the brake. Plus, I'd like to reassign several controls to buttons on the wheel. Any help with this would be most gratefully received!

JMC002 Neil, Master of the Ashla
"Peace through Superior Firepower"

Would you like to know more?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (1,346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Not sure if you can remap the pedals but i know you can remap the all the functions on the steering controller of the G25/27 by selecting the Driving Force Pro from the options menu

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (1,329 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Buttons cannot be re-mapped using dfp, so I would also like g27 customization to be added in a future update, I'd like to map my buttons; the following for all wheels would also be nice, similar to f1 2010, the ability to change; wheel deadzone, break deadzone, enviromental feedback, wheel weight.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (1,249 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hey i carnt get steering or force feedbak to work at all. would this be because playstation is an original playstation and the software does not support it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (1,002 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

GT5 doesn´t support it. :
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (783 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I know that the DFP options work for remapping the G25, so they should work for the G27 as well

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (761 Views)
0 Kudos