Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: GT 5 Academy unfair something!

You can do everything quicker with a pad. You can go from lock to lock in an instant and from full throttle to full brake far quicker than using a wheel and pedals. I found the Red Bull event easier with a pad but done it with a wheel. Where the wheel has the advantage is it's ALOT more steady. You can hold lines easier through corners etc etc.

At the end of the day it just comes down to what you prefer really. If you are good at the game you can do it with both.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14 (216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

DR_BATCH wrote:
tidgney is it you that completed red bull event all golds with a controller. that is one psycho of a car lol i didnt even bother trying to do those events.

It was me yes :smileyhappy:, Pre-patch of the controller sensitivity which as far as im aware nobody in the world accomplished, but it shows anything is possible with a pad. 

Although a wheel is faster but now with the sensitivity option it's about 3 tenths difference nothing major on huge laps to be fair, only when your that close I'd complain if I was a pad user :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (209 Views)

Playstation Staff

they should give more points to wheel users and even more points for driving in simulation mode with no aides...
Tha Stig Killah
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14 (180 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

ONE CAN CERTAINLY MATCHUP WITH A PAD AGAINST WHEEL USERS, PROVIDED YOU DONT TAKE TIME OFF.

ALTHOUGH I WILL SAY THAT USING A WHEEL SETS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE BECAUSE I HAVE BOTH. I RUN ATLEAST 10 SECONDS FASTER WITH NO AIDS ON WITH WHEEL ON CERTAIN TRACKS, ESPERCIALLY NURBURGRING.

I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT WITH SKID FORCE RECOVERY ON, THAT GAP SHRINKS TO 6 SECONDS OR LESS.

ITS ALSO FUNNY HOW CERTAIN DUECHE BAG HOST TURN ALL AIDS OFF, AND USE A WHEEL. WHEELS HAVE CERTAIN AIDS ALWAYS ON, LIKE SKID FORCE RECOVERY AND MORE DEGREES OF TURNING. THOSE HOST PRETEND LIKE ALL IS FAIR, BUT IT ISNT.

MY SOLUTION WOULD BE USE ALL AIDS ON.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14 (99 Views)
0 Kudos