09 Dec 2010
By GBX
Playstation Staff

GT 5 Licenses - Golding All Licenses + License Rewards Unlocks (spoilers inside!)

7 Replies 18,269 Views Created 09-12-2010

So, If your reading this because your a hardcore GT 5 player like myself, and are busy trying to gold all them licenses before starting the races, heres a thread we can share tactics in which we used to complete each module in the licenses.

Also heres a list of what cars will be unlocked when clearing each license with either bronze, silver or gold:

(spoiler)

My advice for IC-10 License: So alotta folk have been struggling with golding the IC-10 license, my help was learning that i was loosing valuble time when drifting, try to keep good lines through corners and don't brake too late so your car slides / drifts, use slipstream from other cars where you can & simply keep at it and you WILL get that gold :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (18,269 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: GT 5 Licenses - Golding All Licenses + License Rewards Unlocks (spoilers inside!)

Just drive/race normally, do what you would think is right race sense. So make a corner straighter/late braking/early acceleration. Tbh if you have done gt4 downwards all gold gt5 should be very easy ;s.

IC-10 i just recommend knowing the racing line and never being on it with the AI there, so overtake on the outside if they already have inside and vice versa if you can outbreak them.

=========================================
Want clean competitive racing? Want to run in a 1 night event or a season over a long period? What about a community that is friendly, has experience and willingness to help??

Then Visit: www.gtleague.co.uk

The place for Clean Competitive Racing!

www.livestream.com/tidgney

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (18,240 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: GT 5 Licenses - Golding All Licenses + License Rewards Unlocks (spoilers inside!)

Your first lap time on IC10 is really the deciding factor seeing as the AI drive almost identically each time.

I golded it with a 1:23.2xx on the first lap, but a 1:23.7xx didn't get me close enough to the last two cars.

Sliding the car isn't the end of the world, but when I say sliding I mean a bit of oversteer that can be controlled and corrected easily, not drifting it through corners and scrubbing off loads of speed.

PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (18,225 Views)
GBX
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the input guys, here is my current progress on the licenses incase somones stuck on a module i have already completed, i will try my best to help with advice and tactics i used:

In Order From 1st Modules and Licenses to last:-

B - ALL GOLD
A - ALL GOLD
I-C - ALL GOLD
I-B - ALL GOLD
I-A - 5 GOLD 1 BRONZE 4 N/A
S - 10 N/A

Gold: 45 Silver: 0 Bronze: 1

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (18,182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I've also got replays of all the licenses from IC1 onwards that I have got gold on if anyone needs a ghost to follow.

I've done pretty much all of them except some of the S licenses which I haven't really given a proper go yet.

PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (18,124 Views)
GBX
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Thats Brill DrTrouserPlank! Kudos! sounds like your making good progress on the licenses there! i'm sure you will popular with helping out when everyone starts to gold the licenses with them ghost replays heh!! great idea!

I have the actual race raplay of IC-10 i can show people if anyone requests it, its possible to overtake 1st place way before that last corner as the guide video shows! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (18,110 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

how do you send vids cause im intrested in your ghosts for a license

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (11,448 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

GT5.JPG

Whoop whoop all fairly easy to be honest. IB-3 was the 1 i got stuck on. Youtube is a good starting point if you get stuck. Plenty of tips in the comments under the videos

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=1798
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (11,410 Views)
0 Kudos