Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: GT ACADEMY 2012 starts today from 5pm!

[ Edited ]

damovsdee

GT Academy 2012 is not available in AUS. Many other Australians are playing it though, I suspect they have US cousins or perhaps family in the UK :smileywink: :smileywink: and have been able to download the Academy from the respective PSN Store.

Obviously, their participating times will not be counted as a qualifying time, they also probably don't realise that any earned DLC will not work with their localised copy of GT5. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 46 (357 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Danlisa wrote:

damovsdee

GT Academy 2012 is not available in AUS. Many other Australians are playing it though, I suspect they have US cousins or perhaps family in the UK :smileywink: :smileywink: and have been able to download the Academy from the respective PSN Store.

Thanks. I was not aware of this.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 46 (348 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Australia is included.It is present on the leader boards 124 australian times posted in the top 1000 and quite a few thousand overall and they wouldnt have aus on the board if they cant do it australia is holding position 15 out of 52 countries which means plenty of them are doing it and there times do count.

Dave.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 46 (334 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

How they are doing this is anyones guess but if i can help you get it then i will but i dont know how ?????? Ive logged onto other psn for other regions by going on the web browser on the ps3 and finding psn and selecting the countrie i wanted.It may let you download gta from eu psn but the dlc would be a bit of a grey area and you could be right about that.

Dave.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 46 (327 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
^ Just because Aussies are playing doesn't mean they can download it from their PSN store or are actually included in the competition. Unless the Academy has since been added, this thread confirms that AUS can not take part. http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/GT-Academy-Downloadable-game-Available-in-Austra... Edit - I have explained HOW they have done it. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 46 (326 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I never said they could download from aus psn in fact i know you can,t but they are downloading it from somewhere and there times are being recorded as australian times.???

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 46 (324 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Right i see.Oh well you know what to do then.I know it sucks and its not right at all it should be open to anyone with a ps3 regardless and if i were you i would most likely feel a bit insulted by this but then thats sony.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 46 (323 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: GT ACADEMY 2012 starts May 1st!

Hi

I have downloaded the GT Academy 2012, am really enjoying it.

I do not have the game, but have now ordered it, as enjoying so much.

What I would like to know is do we get to keep GT Academy at the end of the contest, or does it stop at the end of the contest?

Have not played Gran Turismo since the PS1, wished I had got it for my PS3 ages ago.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 46 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

I haven't heard, but I presume the servers will be available for a short while after the open part is over, since the servers will still be needed for the next level. However, I have no idea if they will allow our times to be updated, too.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 46 (230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Ta

I should have said the main reason for asking is, as new to this I have no chance off getting all the cars in the time limit (if at all), and it would be nice to get some of them.

I am amazed at how addictive it is (especially as I have NO chance in winning), this is why I have ordered the game as well (hoping that turns up Wednesday, after the Bank Holidays).

I know I did enjoy GT 1 & 2 on the PS1, but just thought it was because I was younger then.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 46 (224 Views)
0 Kudos