60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nickandgem
Accepted Solution
Dude, this is awesome, new car, new track.  EPIC even if you aren't going for the time trial!  HURRY UP 17th!!!

Re: GT Academy 2010 Time Trial (GT5 demo) dec 17th

/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wildheart90
Accepted Solution
i think ill be going out and buying a wheel :D

/16

PllayStation

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PllayStation
Accepted Solution
With FF XIII coming out on the same day as this demo, the 17th will indeed be a very busy day for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/user/2120-sony/
/16

mad94d

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mad94d
Accepted Solution

I can't enter GT Academy as I am too young, but still looking forward to the demo massively.

Official GTPlanet Driver - GTP_mad94d
Trans Tasman Racing Founder - TT-R_Mad94d
www.transtasmanracing.com
/16

BenBen78

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BenBen78
Accepted Solution
Having just played the demo (201mb Japanese Store) I am pretty disapointed. No damage, no opponents, no atmosphere.

Sure it's supposed to be a time trial but I was hoping at least to see an indication of the final game not what I've played in Prologue for nearly a year.

If anything, it seems graphically smoother and less jaggy but meh.

/16

nickandgem

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nickandgem
Accepted Solution

It was never supposed to be like that, its a time trial - what i care about, and excited about, is the new physics.  What are they like?  I'll be waiting to download tomorrow night after work.

Beta Tester
/16

SAIUN

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SAIUN
Accepted Solution

BenBen78 wrote:
Having just played the demo (201mb Japanese Store) I am pretty disapointed. No damage, no opponents, no atmosphere.

What exactly were you expecting? Did you read something somewhere that made you expect these things?

/16

BenBen78

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BenBen78
Accepted Solution
I read GT5 demo...

Beta Tester
/16

gunslingerNZ

• Beta Tester
85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gunslingerNZ
Accepted Solution

What's the track like? NVM downloading now! I'll post the time I set tonight but it probably won't be very good...

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

gunslingerNZ

• Beta Tester
85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gunslingerNZ
Accepted Solution
Ok after a couple of download errors I finally got into it pretty late and managed to set a 1:47.478 on my 6th lap in the tuned car. Not a great effort and a full 10 seconds off the fastest time which put me in 73rd place so far.

My impressions are that it seems to be improved over GT5. The rpm lights on my G27 are lighting up which is pretty awesome and the new circuit map looks cool. Also I'm not sure if pro physics were enabled or not but it feels a lot easier to spin now so you have to be pretty delicate with the throttle in corners.

The only problem I foresee is that this track is going to be very easy to cheat on. On my first lap I spent more time on the grass than off it and I didn't incur any time penalties at all.

Anywho good fun and it looks like an NZer is leading the pack so far with Lion-Face a very impressive third! Just ahead of Lucas Ordonez!!

Award Winner
/16

Lion-Face

• Award Winner
94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lion-Face
Accepted Solution

BenBen78 wrote:
I read GT5 demo...

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5147.html

In particular

"The demo was specifically designed for this competition to showcase the realism of the brand-new physics engine and to challenge players’ driving skills using professional driving physics and many of the driving assists disabled."

BTW, Loving the physics! just awesome, so different and so much more alive than GT5P.  Makes me more impatient for the full game!

[ Edited ]
Photobucket
/16

IPityDaFoolYo

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IPityDaFoolYo
Accepted Solution

wow. just wow.

now ive been one of the big 'GT5 is going to disappoint'/'Polyphony dont improve they just add more cars/tracks' people over the years, but i downloaded the Demo - and it is a demo, it even says it in the DEMO - and wow.............how wrong was i?!

it doesnt just disappoint, its downright laughable! :laugh:. seriously, this is the game you think is going to challenge Forza 3 for the crown? Forza 3 has this beat in EVERY single way, especially the one area that i was expecting GT5 to trump it - the graphics. have Polyphony not heard of anti-aliasing? have they not heard of high res textures?

everything about this demo graphically looks horrible -

- the road has very noticable LOD points, no skid marks, very low res textures, still got that god awful shimmering (and yes i know theres an option to change the display to reduce it, but that just changes the whole display).

- the car models in-game look noticeably worse than those of forza 3. jagged edges, aliasing on every single line, paint doesnt even look shiny.

- the camera view for outside the car is terrible. makes it look like the car is turning on a pivot in the middle of the chassis, and you cant even use the right analogue to look around the car.

- the grass and sand just look like they reused the textures from the original gran turismo.

then theres the fact that the car just looks like its been stuck on top of the picture, not really 'connecting' with the track, and it doesnt react visually to changes in direction etc. it just sits there. do these cars even have suspension? dont their tyres have any flex? certainly doesnt look like it.

thats not even getting into the 'new physics model'. applause to them for finally making it so you can turn your cars, but they still dont seem to get it - in this demo its either understeer or huge oversteer, with not much in between. not to mention theres no sense of speed - look at the speedo and im going 100km/h, but it looks like im going about 40km/h.

oh and that racing line is ridiculous. far too obtrusive on the road, and doesnt give as much feedback as Forzas. it seems to either say brake or not, thats it - and doesnt seem to change too dynamically.

seriously, this actually made me laugh when i first  loaded it up. tonight im going to take some photos of the 370z in Forza 3 in-game, and some photos of GT5s 370z in-game, and post them on here for a nice little comparison. its like comparing forza 1 to forza 3 :laugh:. this just makes the guys at turn 10 look all that much better for what they did with Forza 3 - complete new graphics engine, major new physics simulations, and all in 2 years, when Polyphony have an unlimited budget and 5+ years and this is all they can come up with. i think polyphony should stick to doing 10mp bull-shot 'screenshots' and just give up making games. all theyre doing is building people up for a gigantic disappointment by releasing all these videos and screenshots that are in no way indicative of the actual gameplay.

i dont think theres a single person in the world who could honestly say that GT5 looks better or plays better than Forza 3 after this demo.

/16

GTR34mh

83%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GTR34mh
Accepted Solution
You are made of 100% fail. Go play Forza if it's obviously better, and sell your PS3 while you're at it.

BTG forums
/16

IPityDaFoolYo

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IPityDaFoolYo
Accepted Solution

take a look at this site: 

http://www.cynamite.de/_misc/galleries/detail.cfm?pk=2695&opv=gal

epic fail on Polyphonys half.

Beta Tester
/16

PAPO1990

• Beta Tester
87%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PAPO1990
Accepted Solution

did you not notice that the Download was only 200 odd meg, it's just a sample it's not the final product

and while racing in a sim, why are you looking around the car??? watch the road ahead

Walking Under Stars
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

For some reason the lyrics of the song playing on the BTS DVDdoco that comes with 'The Circle' CD seem accurate...

"It's my life, it's now or never...."

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
/16

GTR34mh

83%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GTR34mh
Accepted Solution

IPityDaFoolYo wrote:

take a look at this site: 

http://www.cynamite.de/_misc/galleries/detail.cfm?pk=2695&opv=gal

epic fail on Polyphonys half.

Epic fail on Turn 10's behalf.

The car doesn't even look real, and the textures look like they were made in 2 minutes!

Stick that one up your pipe and smoke it.

BTG forums
/16

B3N52

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
B3N52
Accepted Solution

Comparing a demo to a full game lol well done mate. 

I HATE spinning after every turn :(

Beta Tester
/16

PAPO1990

• Beta Tester
87%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PAPO1990
Accepted Solution

well even comparing the demos the cockpits in Forza are bland and have very little detail, where as the GT5 DEMO one's are very vibrant and well detailed

Walking Under Stars
/16

Silver1862

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Silver1862
Accepted Solution

was at harvey normans today and they had forza 3 playable on one of their Xboxs and at fist glans it looks great but after playing it well every thing was montoned and the damages wasn't even just cosmadic it was trully only skin deep, after crashing into the same car over and over again the only way you could tell i'd done any thing was that the paint work was scrached. but hey it may have just been a demo. Oh and can some one tell me want LOD points are?

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel