02 May 2012
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

GT Academy 2012 - Round 1 & 2 Discussion

[ Edited ]
76 Replies 1,589 Views edited 02-05-2012

Round 1.jpg

Welcome to the GT Academy 2012 thread for the first 2 rounds. Here you can discuss all things related to the first and second rounds of this years GT Academy 2012, offer tips and tricks and post screen shots of your fastest times for each section.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 77 (1,589 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: GT Academy 2012 - Round 1 & 2 Discussion

I don't suppose by any chance any of you have managed to get to the top 250 on any of the sections yet?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 77 (1,579 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Luckily we don't have to, just drive quick enough to qualify, saving my tyres and fuel for round 8 as that is the one that matters. :Winner:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 77 (1,556 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

bambaroo wrote:
I don't suppose by any chance any of you have managed to get to the top 250 on any of the sections yet?

Didn't spend that much time trying last night, just golded all events with my first efforts & ranked within the top 1000 (that may have changed by now LOL).

I'll revisit all the events again but more to challenge myself against my friends times.

Are you taking part in this event Bambaroo? Have any spaces on your friends list? Wouldn't mind comparing/challenging event times.

Edit - Important Tip - Driving settings all revert to default with every event change. So if you drive with TCS off, you need to set this before every event.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 77 (1,549 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

bambaroo wrote:

Erm, not even close, :smileyembarrassed:, too be honest right now I'd be happy to get into the top 1000 of a section.

That being said, I do have all Golds in round 1 & 2 so I have at least 2 new cars coming at some point.

To me it says alot about who you are about against when you very easily get a Gold and still only rank in the 8000's, but I'd be lying if I said I expected to get into the highest times, especially using a DS3.

I'm using this as a chance to have some fun, improve my skills, get some extra goodies and anything else that comes along is a bonus. :smileywink:

Good luck to everyone who enters, I hope you all do as well you aim to do.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 77 (1,544 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Had a go just now. Managed to get in the top 200 on 2 of them. The rest, im a bit behind. Will have a proper go when friends start setting their times, and my foot is a bit better.

Enjoying the challenges though. Just like the license tests. Only thing I don't like is the custom made tracks. Always felt there is less grip on them.

Whaaaaat?Alphazone4@RenegadEuphoriXWatch Me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 77 (1,539 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Just got 38th in 2-1 ,hang on just dropped to 40.  53.701     no where near in first round.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 77 (1,454 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Really enjoyed playing through Rounds 1 & 2 today. I have even achieved a 3rd place in Round 2-1, the Large Banked Curve one, shocked myself in all honesty. I should become a NASCAR driver with those banked curve skills *sarcasm*

I have never liked the custom tracks, they just don't feel right to drive on, compared to other tracks. Not sure what it is, I just have never ever liked them and can't seem to adjust.

Photobucket
Click for RoninGT
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 77 (1,435 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Congratulations on that 3rd andy , im well pleased just to be in top 50

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 77 (1,431 Views)
0 Kudos