Problem Solved

View Original Post

GT Academy 2012 - Round 7 & 8 Discussion

[ Edited ]
60 Replies 897 Views edited 11-06-2012

Open now.

GT-R 35 Black "tuned" car to Drive round 7

370Z "tuned" car to drive round 8

To take part in round 8.5 time trial for the nissan drive remember to Sign up on Site or your time wont count for the top drivers.  

0 Kudos
LABELS:
SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Subscriber Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now... free versions built in to console OS...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Best Racer
/16

gus72

• Best Racer
99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gus72
Accepted Solution
Im surprised they are allowing it to be used at all. Im ranked 61 at the mo and out of the 60 people above me 30 are using it.
Will the fastest times using it still be allowed through to the next round?. I have my abs on 2 which is an aid but active steering i feel is more of a cheat
0 Kudos

Re: GT Academy 2012 - Round 7 & 8 Discussion

/16

NoUnion14

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
NoUnion14
Accepted Solution

Active steering? *****, and there was me feeling bad gettig gold with ABS & TC at 1 - guess if it's in the rules then fair enough.

Getting gold in 8-5 was one fo the first punch the air moments GT5 has provided, there shoud be more challenges like this IMO.

0 Kudos

Jesus said to Peter "come forth and receive eternal life". He came fifth and won a toaster!
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Set you some new target times to beat on round 7 stages 4 & 5. (Yes thats the Rain event.)

Automatic, TC off, ABS1. Simulation 900 Steering wheel mode.

0 Kudos

Re: GT Academy 2012 - Round 7 & 8 Discussion ~@FcUK_R

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Subscriber Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now... free versions built in to console OS...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

GTP_Tidgney

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GTP_Tidgney
Accepted Solution

I'm glad the video is helping, remember any questions feel free to ask me, I'm more than happy to help!!

0 Kudos

Re: GT Academy 2012 - Round 7 & 8 Discussion ~@FcUK_R

/16

Pedantic_roc

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pedantic_roc
Accepted Solution

RenegadeXtreme wrote:

Bit surprised aswell to see alot of the top times are using Steering Assist.

It wouldn't surprise me to see yet another leader board reset if that's the case. Hell, you may as well set your wheel to Amateur, instead of Simulation, and be done with it! :lol:

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

mattsimmo

• Beta Tester
95%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mattsimmo
Accepted Solution
Managed to get my golds which is all I was looking for really :)

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

davey23

• Beta Tester
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
davey23
Accepted Solution
I have to say that getting all golds is enough for me. Took quite a while to get the last two challenges. I found the spa challenge pretty frustrating as until it clicked what I needed to do i just seemed to have the other cars in the way and kept touching them at the chicane at the end of the straight. Once I'd sorted the entry to eau rouge I passed them on the bakes at the end of the straight. It took a while to get my head around Motegi and my best was only 1:35:07 -ish but I was suprised how far up the leader board that got me. As I'm over 50 and not a small bloke I wouldn't be the ideal candidate for a racing driver anyway so I'll just be happy with the new cars.
0 Kudos

/16

Pedantic_roc

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pedantic_roc
Accepted Solution

davey23 wrote:
As I'm over 50 and not a small bloke I wouldn't be the ideal candidate for a racing driver anyway so I'll just be happy with the new cars.

Lol - same here. I'm still pretty fit but not 'that' fit. I too am simply happy with eight free cars :)

0 Kudos

/16

GTP_Tidgney

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GTP_Tidgney
Accepted Solution

Another tenth off (.5 now), and annoyingly I just yelled out in fury as I hit the last cone on the last corner exit as I was about to get a 31 dead.... Very VERY annoying. Although I love this car now it's annoying at the same time but the control you need to get a good time i do enjoy!

The lap if your interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeWh4Z03g-8

I expect to achieve my qualifying time this weekend as I don't work weekends and I can actually have a go without having been at work all day and commuting for 2+ hours!

0 Kudos

/16

JOHNY--BRAVO

89%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JOHNY--BRAVO
Accepted Solution

im giving up on 8-5 its infuriating and i certainly hope they dont introduce more challenges like this one, simply for my blood pressure , well done to all those that did complete it.

0 Kudos

/16

Phoenix701220

86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Phoenix701220
Accepted Solution

Pedantic_roc wrote:

davey23 wrote:
As I'm over 50 and not a small bloke I wouldn't be the ideal candidate for a racing driver anyway so I'll just be happy with the new cars.

Lol - same here. I'm still pretty fit but not 'that' fit. I too am simply happy with eight free cars :)

Ditto guys. :smileylol:

While not quite in my 50's YET, 6ft 2, over 200lbs, but average fitness, yeah, not really race driver material here either.

Agree totally about getting the cars (and the new race suit) also got some personal satisfaction from a couple of great times on the leadership boards, while no top 100's did get a couple of top 300's which while doesn't sound great, when I look at the number of people taking part and some of my older times when improved still only top 100 THOUSANDS get a little bit of joy from those times.

0 Kudos

/16

GT5_andy_m

70%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GT5_andy_m
Accepted Solution

davey23 wrote:

Another ditto here I'm afraid.

I've yet to make a start on rounds 7 and 8. In fact I have to go back and do 6-5, since it has been reset. I'm not looking forward to 8-5... that one sounds real tough. I might have to settle for seven cars...

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Danlisa

• Beta Tester
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Danlisa
Accepted Solution

GT5_andy_m wrote:

davey23 wrote:

Another ditto here I'm afraid.

I've yet to make a start on rounds 7 and 8. In fact I have to go back and do 6-5, since it has been reset. I'm not looking forward to 8-5... that one sounds real tough. I might have to settle for seven cars...

Noticed this too.  While I still had a Gold my time was not registered.  I thought it best to register another time and not run the risk of loosing out on a car.

8-5 is not really that tough.  It's easy to get a Gold time with smooth driving.  Corners 2,3,4 are all 3/4 throttle and your approach and exit for corner 2 determines how quick you will be through 3 and 4.

I golded (by 0.500) this event on my second flying lap and I'm NOT a fast driver in any sense of the word. ;)  Still running it most nights for about an hour and really enjoying the challenge.

Wish PD put more tight/techincal challenges like this in the Seasonal events rather than easy cash grinds.  Still think the best seasonal ever was the Expert TTs with the Deep Forest (?) and Laguna Seca, I ran too many laps to count on that and when I finally golded Laguna, it was a 'shout out loud' win.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

davey23

• Beta Tester
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
davey23
Accepted Solution
Just glancing at other countries and found that for 8-5 I'd be in 20th place in Norway!
0 Kudos

Best Racer
/16

gus72

• Best Racer
99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gus72
Accepted Solution

Although 6.5 times have been reset it does say if you have achieved golds in the first 4 rounds you will still receive the prize.

I currently have a 1.32.197 on round 8.5 hoping to break into the 1.31s  

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

Pedantic_roc

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pedantic_roc
Accepted Solution

Hi gus72

I took that to mean you'd still get the prizes for 1 thru 4 as at least one of those was reset? To be safe, I took MastrGT's advice and posted a new 6-5 anyway - just to guarantee I will get the car.

Good luck breaking into the 1.31's  :)

0 Kudos

Best Racer
/16

gus72

• Best Racer
99%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gus72
Accepted Solution
Yeah that's what i believe it means, i could be wrong so like you i set a new time to be safe.
If you want to check it for yourself or anyone else does it tells you on the academy main screen scrolling along the bottom.
0 Kudos

/16

MastrGT

98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Yes, apparently we get the prize if we qualified before the 6-5 times were reset. I didn't recall the whole message when I posted about the reset.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
The last test was reset? How come?
0 Kudos

/16

MastrGT

98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MastrGT
Accepted Solution
There was a network problem registering some times.
The same problem with the 8-x series.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved