Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: GT Academy 2012 - Round 7 & 8 Discussion

[ Edited ]

Had another go this afternoon. Was ranked 250 at the time. Still some time to find. Bit will never get near the top times.

Bit surprised aswell to see alot of the top times are using Steering Assist.

Whaaaaat?Alphazone4@RenegadEuphoriXWatch Me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 61 (366 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Im surprised they are allowing it to be used at all. Im ranked 61 at the mo and out of the 60 people above me 30 are using it.
Will the fastest times using it still be allowed through to the next round?. I have my abs on 2 which is an aid but active steering i feel is more of a cheat

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 61 (362 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Active steering? *****, and there was me feeling bad gettig gold with ABS & TC at 1 - guess if it's in the rules then fair enough.

Getting gold in 8-5 was one fo the first punch the air moments GT5 has provided, there shoud be more challenges like this IMO.

Jesus said to Peter "come forth and receive eternal life". He came fifth and won a toaster!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 61 (357 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

RenegadeXtreme wrote:

Bit surprised aswell to see alot of the top times are using Steering Assist.

It wouldn't surprise me to see yet another leader board reset if that's the case. Hell, you may as well set your wheel to Amateur, instead of Simulation, and be done with it! :Lol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 61 (342 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Managed to get my golds which is all I was looking for really :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 61 (334 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I have to say that getting all golds is enough for me. Took quite a while to get the last two challenges. I found the spa challenge pretty frustrating as until it clicked what I needed to do i just seemed to have the other cars in the way and kept touching them at the chicane at the end of the straight. Once I'd sorted the entry to eau rouge I passed them on the bakes at the end of the straight. It took a while to get my head around Motegi and my best was only 1:35:07 -ish but I was suprised how far up the leader board that got me. As I'm over 50 and not a small bloke I wouldn't be the ideal candidate for a racing driver anyway so I'll just be happy with the new cars.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 61 (315 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

davey23 wrote:
As I'm over 50 and not a small bloke I wouldn't be the ideal candidate for a racing driver anyway so I'll just be happy with the new cars.

Lol - same here. I'm still pretty fit but not 'that' fit. I too am simply happy with eight free cars :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 61 (295 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Another tenth off (.5 now), and annoyingly I just yelled out in fury as I hit the last cone on the last corner exit as I was about to get a 31 dead.... Very VERY annoying. Although I love this car now it's annoying at the same time but the control you need to get a good time i do enjoy!

The lap if your interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeWh4Z03g-8

I expect to achieve my qualifying time this weekend as I don't work weekends and I can actually have a go without having been at work all day and commuting for 2+ hours!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 61 (264 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

im giving up on 8-5 its infuriating and i certainly hope they dont introduce more challenges like this one, simply for my blood pressure , well done to all those that did complete it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 61 (257 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Pedantic_roc wrote:

davey23 wrote:
As I'm over 50 and not a small bloke I wouldn't be the ideal candidate for a racing driver anyway so I'll just be happy with the new cars.

Lol - same here. I'm still pretty fit but not 'that' fit. I too am simply happy with eight free cars :smileyhappy:

Ditto guys. :smileylol:

While not quite in my 50's YET, 6ft 2, over 200lbs, but average fitness, yeah, not really race driver material here either.

Agree totally about getting the cars (and the new race suit) also got some personal satisfaction from a couple of great times on the leadership boards, while no top 100's did get a couple of top 300's which while doesn't sound great, when I look at the number of people taking part and some of my older times when improved still only top 100 THOUSANDS get a little bit of joy from those times.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 61 (256 Views)
0 Kudos