02 Jun 2012
By mox1978

Playstation Staff

GT Academy fastest times and occupations

[ Edited ]
17 Replies 376 Views edited 02-06-2012
It would be interesting to know what the leading drivers do for a living as the US 2011 winner was unemployed! I can't see how anyone with a family and full time job can get into the top 10. Seems a bit of an unfair advantage if you are unemployed?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (376 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: GT Academy fastest times and occupations

Skill shines through, you could achieve decent times with a few hours play a week at most, sounds like an excuse for lack of motivation.

Go Lotus F1 for 2012!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (358 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I take it you're in full time employment, have kids and a wife? Are you in the top 10?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (352 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

mox1978 wrote:
It would be interesting to know what the leading drivers do for a living as the US 2011 winner was unemployed! I can't see how anyone with a family and full time job can get into the top 10. Seems a bit of an unfair advantage if you are unemployed?

What would you suggest?

Ban people who don't have a job?

Perhaps the eligibility criteria should include a min. number of kids?

Because we all know that unemployed people with no kids excell at GT5.:Stupid:

And that's just unfair.:xCry:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (343 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The top players in the world can put in top times within 5 minutes of playing. As an example the videos I'll link below most of the times were gained within half an hour (With 6-1, and 6-4 between 5-10 minutes) of playing. Last GT academy I was a student and had tons of times, this time I'm fully employed as a systems analyst and do over 2 hours of commuting plus over an hour of exercising a day, plus making videos which leaves about an hour generally to play GT5. Admittedly I have saved up some flexy, and the first week of GT Academy I had booked of work, but it's for something I enjoy so I'd happily do that again if needs be, but the needs to play for hours on end to win is not true at all.

Round 6 Videos for your enjoyment :smileyhappy:. There's 2 of Round 6-3 because I do use the full limits of the track if not penalised so both just the track and the concrete version is available. 6-5 is without hitting cars and still maintains a high position on leaderboards with a 1:04.767. Enjoy!

Round 6-1 (16.542): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c2iuqsA-3Q

Round 6-2 (25.728): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0RvyaMB3so

Round 6-3 - Within track limits (16.002): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_SygbjsvvU

Round 6-3 Full Limits (15.820): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KLp2kcJns8

Round 6-4 (21.745): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DNzW8YPJkE

Round 6-5 (1:04.767): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChOgpYriWzY

Just to add some additional things with regards to me at the moment;

- Apologies for the delay of Round 6!
- Now aiming for rank 1 in the UK on total times as done in this leaderboard (http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=1) which means new best time videos will be being uploaded over the next week :smileyvery-happy:!
- Any questions feel free to give me a shout!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (337 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Lol! Suppose the kids part is a bit of a silly comment but the unemployed part has got to have some kind of unfairness. I know that if I was unemployed I would definitely have a very good chance of winning.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (336 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Good post Tidgney. Seen your name in the rankings quite a bit. But you obviously had gained your experience when you did have a lot of time to play. At the moment I'm just flying the rounds to get golds (which doesn't take long- 1hour and a bit for each set of 2 rounds) and when I do have another hour or so to spare I try and get the fastest time in the last round. I take my hat hat off to you though coa you do put in some excellent times!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (334 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

mox1978 wrote:
Good post Tidgney. Seen your name in the rankings quite a bit. But you obviously had gained your experience when you did have a lot of time to play. At the moment I'm just flying the rounds to get golds (which doesn't take long- 1hour and a bit for each set of 2 rounds) and when I do have another hour or so to spare I try and get the fastest time in the last round. I take my hat hat off to you though coa you do put in some excellent times!!!

Cheers :smileyhappy:,

I've always been good with any form of driving game if I'm honest not just GT (And also driving in real life, but I won't go into details there, but i was doing 4-6 hour lessons all in 1 hour :smileyvery-happy:). I mean before I hosted a stig competition at work I didn't play for 3 months I came on and can still compete at a very fast pace. Honestly the fast will be fast. That being said having more time will just mean you can perfect thousandths, but the tenths that the leaders are ahead is generally normal pace. 

The best thing to do, is when you get 30 minutes just focus on the task at hand, look at every aspect of the time your trying to get, but only focus on perfecting 1 aspect. Each round generally promotes something different to focus on but still allows different driving styles to compete (You'll notice in alot of my videos my driving style is generally the same, but different to other peoples). 

But on that note I'm also bringing out a top tips video before the final 2 rounds to help with improving times :smileyhappy:!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (328 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

GTP_Tidgney wrote:

But on that note I'm also bringing out a top tips video before the final 2 rounds to help with improving times :smileyhappy:!

Hey,

it's about time a few tips from a clean driver got spread around. It took me about 90 hours of driving to figure out late apex's work wonders for my driving style. With a bit of luck you'll save me careering around for another  90 hours in the dark.... :Lol:

PS - I prefer my wheel now thanks to you and a few others, cheers!  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (319 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Just do your best.

Go Lotus F1 for 2012!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos