28 May 2012

Playstation Staff

GT Academy in SA?

11 Replies 299 Views Created 28-05-2012
When oh when will GT Academy come to South Africa?!?! It pains me to know that it exists, but I can't take part, not even download it from the store because it isn't available here.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: GT Academy in SA?

Can you even buy a GT-R or Leaf from Nissan dealership in SA. = Y/N 

My guess would be you can't .

Would expect the rubbish Zs to be dumped of to SA for clearence of old models.

If You can't even get a GT-R, I expect thats why Nissan rejected your country for this advert...

Thats all it is one big advert... Fun but still a big sponsored advert.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

To be more fair, there are two big reasons why some countries would be excluded from any similar contest: money and legal.

If a contest can't meet the legal requirements, then I can see PD making certain nationals (such as me) ineligible, but I have not heard yet why they can't even download the contest install (fortunately, I can). That may be more related to the other reason, but that is just a guess.

If you remember the GT4 related time trial discs, not everyone could get them, either.

Yes, it is on-line now, but the principles are the same.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (276 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the replies.

One can buy a GT-R here in SA, not sure about the Leaf yet, but our Branch on Johannesburg does sell GT-R's.

The idea of racing through a game and having the chance to race for real is what I find amazing. I have been wondering whether the reason I can't even download the game is probably due to my region being SA, and it might only be available on the Store in countries which are able to take part.

Anyways, Thanks again. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Chibi-Shinigami wrote:

I have been wondering whether the reason I can't even download the game is probably due to my region being SA, and it might only be available on the Store in countries which are able to take part.

That isn't true for everyone, since I am able to access it, but we are not eligible the participate otherwise.

Anyway, I will see if I can get an answer for you, maybe this week.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (259 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

If our money is good enough to buy PS3's & GT5 games plus DLC related to the game... Then surely this fact alone should be enough to include us?

photo GTAVTrevorSig_zps4f9090ba.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (236 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Nick_Bester wrote:

If our money is good enough to buy PS3's & GT5 games plus DLC related to the game... Then surely this fact alone should be enough to include us?

But your Rand was not good enough, Your PSN stores content WAS complete rubbish and you were ignored buy a lot of Publishers. DLC was never released for a lot of games in SA and it took years for it to get to a stable state where you could buy a BD title and get the DLC for it in the same year never mind the same month.

Hungary and other stores are in the same state now that you were in with lack of DLC. 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Pre ordered Kindle Fire TV
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

MastrGT wrote:

To be more fair, there are two big reasons why some countries would be excluded from any similar contest: money and legal.

If a contest can't meet the legal requirements, then I can see PD making certain nationals (such as me) ineligible, but I have not heard yet why they can't even download the contest install (fortunately, I can). That may be more related to the other reason, but that is just a guess.

If you remember the GT4 related time trial discs, not everyone could get them, either.

Yes, it is on-line now, but the principles are the same.

Legal requirements??

I could understanding ratings criteria not being met, particularly with Aussie ratings as they legally stand.

But a GT challenge, I'm assuming this isn't a factor.

Therefore, what other legal reasoning is there?

Is it an advertising issue?

Other than that I'm lost.

As stated by another forumer, if it's good enough for PD to accept our cash to purchase the title, then what's the issue with entering a 'so called' global event?

Please don't tell me it comes down to semantics regarding ridiculous interpretations of law.

I mean, how big a criminal offense is it to participate in a online global event conducted via a highly reputable console manufacturer, in conjunction with a highly reputable software manufacturer.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (224 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

GraphiteGB wrote:

Nick_Bester wrote:

But your Rand was not good enough, Your PSN stores content WAS complete rubbish and you were ignored buy a lot of Publishers. DLC was never released for a lot of games in SA and it took years for it to get to a stable state where you could buy a BD title and get the DLC for it in the same year never mind the same month.

Hungary and other stores are in the same state now that you were in with lack of DLC. 

Perhaps a bit more understanding wouldn't hurt.

I'm sure it isn't the forumers fault regarding his countries financial status.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

The legal aspects involve contests and lotteries. Every country has them and, including The USA and Canada, each state or province has their own laws.

Even in the US, not all contests get legal approval in each state. For example, a lot of contests will restrict them to the mainland 48 states. In Canada, Quebec makes it very difficult to have a countrywide contest. I am sure Europe and Australia are all the same, too, with each country having their own laws. SONY needs legal approvals in each one. That shouldn't restrict them from letting us get access to the on-line download, so I have no idea why that happened, this year. Something made them do it.

However, I have asked about the SCEE restrictions in certain countries, was told it would be looked into, but I am not sure I will ever get an answer.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (210 Views)
0 Kudos