Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jon-Mogo
Accepted Solution
I heard pigeon crap will now blur up the windscreen
0 Kudos

Re: GT5 1.03 update is live! (149MB)

Some say he has counted to infinity... Twice, and that his eyes blink horizontally. All we know is, he's called the STIG..
/16

Jonesy-ov-s5

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jonesy-ov-s5
Accepted Solution

Jon-Mogo wrote:

DeathroW22 wrote:

I don't think you realise the problems that can be caused from people being online with different versions. They could potentially be quite bad...

Also, 5GB cap?!

Ok I  suppose i understand that everyone needs to be on the same version, but couldn't they make a patch that is relivent to your current patch?
say if i have version1.02, then the 1.03 patch should only include the new stuff that isnt on my current patch .. this will save a whole lot of downloading times **and cap for those that dont have much**

gior wi thi sen, its only 149mb.

0 Kudos

------------
now own a 12GB Super Slim with a 500GB HDD upgrade.
Beta Tester
/16

DrTrouserPlank

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DrTrouserPlank
Accepted Solution

I wonder how many people will be on here complaining later about the patch because they don't understand the difference between mechanical and structural damage?

0 Kudos

PSN: DrTrouserPlank
XBL: AgentKillmore
/16

geoff271

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
geoff271
Accepted Solution

Don't download it!  Added this back in as a last minute that they have no clue what they're doing completely wipes your entire garage and restores the game back to the default.

Not found a way to restore it even from a back up - Taken years to develop it and then they do half arsed job

0 Kudos

/16

ThisIsDan

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ThisIsDan
Accepted Solution

Where is the damage settings?

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

Dazalaa

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dazalaa
Accepted Solution

Hello All, I haven't posted in here before but wanted to back up some of the people who have lost their game data as a result of the 1.03 GT5 update. I too have just lost all my game data and are currently having to reinstall. During the patching the download completed, it moved onto the installing part then reported that the data was corrupt. A blank item appeared in my games list with the words corrupt data against it and the same in game data. Not a well tested rollout. I have a 40Gb PS3 which had just been updated to 3.55 or whatever it was that came out today, no mods. Hope everyone else has better luck. Darren.

0 Kudos

/16

Dazalaa

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dazalaa
Accepted Solution
Sorry I should have mentioned some more info as requested. It was the collectors edition with the chromeline cars installed (also now gone), logitech DFP wheel was attached at the time, game was on 1.02 beforehand and it's a UK machine. Downloaded Gran Turismo TV content also gone I notice.
0 Kudos

/16

p200nut

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
p200nut
Accepted Solution
It's amazing that all the people that say there lost there cars are all new members. Forza fanboys maybe?
0 Kudos

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. Or should I?
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

p200nut wrote:
It's amazing that all the people that say there lost there cars are all new members. Forza fanboys maybe?

That's not entirely fair now is it? Its becoming fashion it seems to just accuse anyone these days as trolling.

0 Kudos

/16

Zif_Enyo

80%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zif_Enyo
Accepted Solution

I'd be happy to make a deal here:

The next update can empty my garage and even defecate on the floor if it allows me to get rid of the HUD.

I'm fed up with the thing telling me what gear to use and when to break on every corner. I'm fed up with it telling me the lap number (even if it's a one lap challenge). I don't like the size of the font when I do want to see something.

This is meant to be a sim right...How many of you have a Jap' fellow in the car with you writing on the screen with a large magic marker? He writes what gear to use and flashes lights at you when he thinks you should brake for the next corner. I do like this game (a lot); the HUD is a waste of space however.

0 Kudos

/16

p200nut

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
p200nut
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:

p200nut wrote:

That's not entirely fair now is it? Its becoming fashion it seems to just accuse anyone these days as trolling.

I wasn't accusing anyone of being a troll. Just pointing out that all the post in this thread saying they lost there saved game were new posters that happen to join yesterday and the new post saying they lost there saved game join today. My comment about the Forza fanboys was uncalled for, but it just looks fish to me that's all

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. Or should I?
/16

ptitdavid78

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ptitdavid78
Accepted Solution
Fair enough, I may be new on the forum, but the reason I am just posting today is because I NEVER had any issue with my PS3 before or any of the games updates. And I never had an Xbox either... So now, the reason i was going off at PD was because they should have been fully aware (if they had tested the update before pushing it to the public) that it may cause a problem (and maybe give the option, had they released also the patch logs, not to download the patch 1.03).
Oh, and after all, why is there a need for an update to add damages when the game took five years to be released and should have come fully completed? It just looks to me like the will to make profit with Christmas approaching and the quite big competition in terms of racing games (I refer here to NFS hot pursuit here for instance) took over and they just chanced it. They just took the risk to get some of their most loyal followers unhappy, that's all.
If that makes me a fish, well, fair enough...
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

p200nut wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:

p200nut wrote:

I wasn't accusing anyone of being a troll. Just pointing out that all the post in this thread saying they lost there saved game were new posters that happen to join yesterday and the new post saying they lost there saved game join today. My comment about the Forza fanboys was uncalled for, but it just looks fish to me that's all

Fair enough but i look at it as there's more forum non members then there is members so the chances are that its a new member joining to find out/post about there problem. Which I belive was the case ;)

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel