22 Jul 2012

Playstation Staff

GT5 Car Sounds Need An Update!

5 Replies 429 Views Created 22-07-2012

When are Polyphony going to fix the car sounds? I an a huge GT series fan and I have had all the versions but when I compare it to forza 4, the GT5 engine noises sound like vaccume cleaners. Please update the car sounds!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (429 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: GT5 Car Sounds Need An Update!

they wont do owt like that now with GT5. if they r going to get it right then i reckon it will be in GT6.

moste premium cars kinda sound like they should but nearly every standard car sounds terrible. i guess the reason for this is because biggest part of the standard cars are very old and hard to find, so would be hard to capture the right sounds for them.

plus another reason that i was told why the cars sound like vaccume cleaners is because when they are recording sounds of the cars, they just throttle up and capture sounds while the car is stationary. if they recorded the cars while being driven then they would pic up the incuction noises and the sound of the engines having to work harder.
------------
now own a 12GB Super Slim with a 500GB HDD upgrade.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (401 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

No idea what vacuum cleaner/Hoover you have but mine does not sound like any of the cars on GT5. People are like a herd of sheep following what ever everyone else says about it. In real life, if you et up a car for racing you are going to upgrade the car just like you would in GT5, depending on what you buy and do the vehicle will become lighter and have a have different types of gearboxes and some may make a whining noise but I don't really know anything about gearboxes.

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (393 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Many base cars, whether Standard or Premium, sound pretty good, if you don't change some of the higher exhaust parts.

There are some cars, such as the Buick GNX '87, that don't get it very right, however, but I expect PD to work through these cars one by one. 

Also, the gear whine that you hear in emulated GT5 comes from the square-cut gears in the racing transmission. You can hear the loud noise clearly in this video of the BMW 320. If you don't want to hear it, don't install the part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJH84FnQa8 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (376 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This made me laugh some :Lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCRi8bP0MGE

And this is IGN's take

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgXBaM2yPL0&feature=fvwrel

But overall I still prefer Gran Turismo - especially the physics. Let's not forget what a poor game Forza 3 was by comparison to GT5 at time of launch.

I'm sure the swings and roundabouts will continue for years to come.

Corporate rivalry should, hopefully, result in better games for us all - no matter which side of the fence you sit. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The car sounds are wonderful when you have surround sound speakers :smileyvery-happy:

You can either call me that, or Daniel.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (331 Views)
0 Kudos