Games

Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Level 4

Re: GT5 DLC

New cars in Premium version, not many recent new cars are in the game. New tracks, or even some old ones from previous Gran Turismo games, for example Seattle Circuit. I'd also like some long, scenic roads like Nürburgring Norschleife but without railings on the side of the road as it blocks the scenery and make it look it's race track instead of regular road.
Perhaps Polyphony Digital should develope another game, real traffic simulator where you could drive cars in environments modeled in Gran Turismo quality & physics but there would be no racing, instead you should obey traffic rules and avoid collisions, etc., basically Test Drive Unlimited 2 but with Gran Turismo quality :smileyhappy:
Message 51 of 73 (453 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I think that now we're in a generation of patches and DLC, a new Gran Turismo would be pointless. It would probably use the GT5 engine, just with more cars, tracks and events. And that could all be added through patches/DLC. I'd happily pay to tear around El Capitan (I believe that's the name of it...I know it was shamelessly taken out of GT5...) in an Aerial Atom or Koenigsegg or a real Porche. Not to mention they could easily add new cars from manufacturers already in the game, like the Bugatti Veyron SuperSport. I'm sure PD could do a graphical update too; I'm not sure whether it's a long-running in-joke of the developers, but trees and people are as three-dimensional as cars!

And while some people are on the subject of it: I really don't like the idea of PD giving away the Stealth Models as DLC...perhaps the Chromelines though. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 73 (437 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I agree, I don't think the stealth cars should be available as DLC either, if you wanted those cars and all the other goodies they were (and probably still are, I got mine for £80) available to buy at the time...

I read that it takes months to model a car for the game, I therefore doubt we will get DLC with car updates which is a real shame, NFS and other series seem to be able to turn them out and wished that PD could do the same....

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 73 (409 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Really, months to model ONE car? Say it took one month for each car, it's 1031 months in total, which is nearly 86 years...

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 73 (396 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

They model about 20 cars at a time and its only months for premium cars.

Standard cars take about a week to port over + polish off.

If theres going to be any DLC soon then it will be announced at E3.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 73 (382 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I would like to see DLC for newer cars or classic ones that have been missed to date, I don't think it will happen though :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 73 (376 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

The term is "man hours", the number of hours it would take for one man to finish building a car.

In Prologue, most cars had over 200,000 polygons.

Some of GT5's cars have over 400,000 polygons.

PD said it took about 6 months per car and over a year each for most tracks.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 73 (373 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Thanks for the clarification I knew I had read about the man hours when GT5 was about to launch, I never intended to give the impression that one programmer sat there making a Ferrari Enzo for 6m :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 73 (361 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I would love to see some new touring cars/race cars some newer models from this season like the AMG Mercedes c-class or Audi A4 from DTM, Vauxhall vectra VXR or Honda Civic from BTCC, Audi R18 TDI from Le Mans. Doesn't have amazing just a few premium cars with some stickers on it will be fine lol
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 73 (214 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

A DLC would be VERY VERY appreciated. I don't mind if it were composed only by standard cars, it doesn't matter to me, but id love to get some vintage cars, mobster-like cars, would be very very awesome and im ashamed that Gran Turismo doesn't have these, since they were a good mark on the automobile history.
Also, bring back: El Capitan, Test Course, Red Rock Valley and Special Stage Route 11, would be epic. That's my idea of a good and entertaining DLC.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 73 (201 Views)
0 Kudos