20 Feb 2011
By: Whiteninja666

2 Posts

GT5 Not Loading

3 Replies 549 Views Created 20-02-2011

Hi, I have been having a few problems with GT5 recently.

When I start the game up, it seems to work fine, but at the loading screen with the Gran Turismo logo (this screen has the message about online T&Cs) on, it seems to become stuck. I can load the XMB, but the game will stop loading. If the game does load past here, It will become stuck on the home screen (still able to access XMB), and if I can press on GTLife, it will then become stuck loading there. 

This problem didn't happen after install, after patch or after any changes to the system. Only GT5 is affected, and I have attempted deleting patch data and reinstallation, without any success. Please help me, as I recently got the Bugatti Veyron, and I have been suffereing from GT5 withdrawal for a few days now.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (549 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: GT5 Not Loading

I've had the same problem, although it seemed to happen after the 1.06 update, but maybe just a coincidence.

Again, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (498 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Try logging out of PSN and then starting the game. If it loads normally, then it suggests there is a communication problem between you and the GT5 servers.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (493 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Thanks for the advice, just tried it but it still won't load. It gets stuck at the point where the intro video should kick in.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (485 Views)
0 Kudos