17 Jul 2010

Playstation Staff

GT5 Region Code question

[ Edited ]
5 Replies 1,197 Views edited 17-07-2010

Hello -

I moved with my US PS3 to the UK. It is annoying that you cannot change the region coding of the DVD and BluRay players when you move as you can with computers, but that's another post!

This post is a question about buying GT5. I have, as we all have, been anxiously waiting for it for the past 3-4 years, and it is time to pre-order.

Can I buy the product from a UK seller and will it work with my PS3? (PS3 works fine with my TV over HDMI, it's actually a US TV also)  I have read elsewhere that games are not region coded, but there can be some issues with additional downloadable content. 

Further, can you suggest any way to get 'official' info from Sony or Polyphony Digital about this?

Thank you.

--edit--

Just found this statement on Play.com:  "PAL: Will play on UK and European Playstation3 only"

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (1,197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: GT5 Region Code question

Well from my experience, I can play US games on my UK PS3. If the game has downloadable content, you will need to get that content from the right PS Store. UK games at the UK store, US games from the US store etc.

About playing online however, I think that's a different matter.

But there's people here that will know, just wait for them to post :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (1,185 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

If you play the US disc, you will connect with US and Canadian players.

If you play the UK disc, you will connect with Australian and European players.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (1,174 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Thought it was only DVD that had region blocks and bluray are fine to play on any ps3 as long as its through a hdmi cable.Make a EU account with a different email address and if your playing online is should know what account your on ie US or EU just like HOME does.add-on content has to be bought from the region the disc comes from .

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (1,092 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Prologue has regional divisions because that's the way it is designed.

You can buy another region's version and the PS3 can still play it. :Wink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (1,089 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hello:

I received my GT5 disc from Amazon.co.uk (uk disc) and I wanted to confirm that it does play fine on my NTSC USA PS3 -- I connect over HDMI to an NTSC television. Other than the teething pains that the GT5 servers are going through in these first few days, it's all working fine and connects me to UK/Australia players as MastrGT said it would.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (782 Views)
0 Kudos