Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: GT5 Vs Forza 4 Motorsport

[ Edited ]

Damage wise comparing both games, only a fanboy would ask which one was more realistic, once again I took a speed 12 out and crashed at 100mph TWICE to finally make a dent in the car.  No not just a ***** either, maybe its because its a standard car?  And finally the car was hobbling too.

And you comparing what FM4 should have been what FM2 was?  Really?? So we can say GT4 is what GT3 should have been?  Or maybe GT5 is what GT4 should have been?  Your analogy makes no sense. 

Nobody cares if its fairly new to a system, that is the tried and true way of arguing in favor of PD.  By the time PD makes GT6 it'll be for the PS4, so again people like you will resort to a "its a whole nother platform"

Its their own damn fault it took them 6+ yeas to come up with a spec 2.0.  I bet you would be MAD as hell if GT5 is the same today as it was at launch.  Comparing the two games there have been NO major updates in FM4, TODAYS GT5  (11 months later) it is almost a new game.

You talk about failing, PD has failed for 5 times to include livery.  And shall I say PD faild 4.5 times (because the damage system in GT5 is half assed), in the damage department.  There's no doubting why EVERY magazine/online site has ranked FM4 HIGHER than GT5.

I don't believe I have ever said GT5 is superior anywhere, but I will say I perfer to play FM4 more, I was skeptical at first, but now I was completely open.  And had to rehone my driving skills with an x360 controller.

I showed my brother who is not a gamer but a car freak like me.  He was totally impressed with the level of detail, although the graphics sometimes aren't as good as GT5, but you can bet your ass its a whole lot funner building cars close to what you would do in real life.

Not stuck with: painting the car a different color, lowering it and putting the same rims you have on another car.  Oh yea forget doing that with 800 standards!

I just swapped a Datsun 510 motor for a VQ35, took out the front and rear bumpers to make it look clean.  Increased the rim size and tire width to replicate the 510 my bro almost built.  Even showed him the old BRE vinyls you can get at the store front.

Bet you GT5 guys are jelly :xLol:

Also I have not spent money on the DLC, but it looks a whole lot better than what PD is offering for DLC.  PD has the nerve to charge for the same damn premium cars but this time race modded?  This is my first FM game and they have been doing DLC's from the get go so whats the big deal?  Better than being 11 months late offering only 1 new track and a 2011 x1.  NOTHING ELSE IS NEW!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 101 of 173 (763 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

The whole point of GT5 is realism. You buy a standard car, you buy parts upgrades, and you race. I could do the same in real life, and experience similar handling and driving physics.

You buy paint to change the colour of your car, as in real life. Decals and liveries are not the be all and end all of a racing game, its the handling and realism that makes it.

Yes, the damage system in GT5 is awful. But knowing PD, they would have wanted no damage system at all. They would prefer to wait until they can get it pretty much perfect for every car, and it was pressure from the media that forced them to add the current damage system.

Forza on the other hand, is more arcade in its gameplay. The cars look good, but they haven't gone to the same length as GT5 for realism. This is seen in the fact that they have added a Halo vehicle into the game, which I'm pretty sure I couldn't buy in real life.

I would also say that FM uses its Top Gear licence better than PD, but then maybe PD being Japanese didn't realise how much of a hit TG is. America even have their own TG, so clearly they realise how popular it is.

As for DLC, the last full GT game was on PS2. There is your reason for the lack of past DLC. 

If people stop, realise GT5 and FM have fundamentally different aims, and shut up and play the game they like best, then there would be none of this arguing. Yaster, can you lock this now, please? 

Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 173 (713 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Uhmm so now scores by critics means everything :smileyvery-happy:

Well then, I am not sure about you there but I think Brokeback Mountain wouldnt be my choice of a good movie, for example (Highly praised by C R I T I C S)

So generally speaking, numbers are for geeks only.

FM4 AI is terrible, autovista is pointless, driving feels numb, tracks are too smooth, cars reflects too much

heck there aint any chance to paint car in Matte at all.

Still, I can play both games, FM for fun, GT for more serious driving.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 103 of 173 (693 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

zeeri0us wrote:

Well then, I am not sure about you there but I think Brokeback Mountain wouldnt be my choice of a good movie, for example (Highly praised by C R I T I C S)

FM4 AI is terrible, autovista is pointless, driving feels numb, tracks are too smooth, cars reflects too much

And yet, FM players always say it's more real than GT5 and just say GT5 is un real in every aspect. That is what annoys me...They sayn that the refelctions are more real than GT5 but I think that PD have nailed it with the reflections and lighting, my car doesn't even reflect that much even in sky blue, sunny skies...

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 104 of 173 (688 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

BigMoab wrote:

zeeri0us wrote:

And yet, FM players always say it's more real than GT5 and just say GT5 is un real in every aspect. That is what annoys me...They sayn that the refelctions are more real than GT5 but I think that PD have nailed it with the reflections and lighting, my car doesn't even reflect that much even in sky blue, sunny skies...

Yep.

GT5 does Dynamic lighting, which is what happens in real life, while Forza does Image based lighting, well, in real life image based lighting is for reflections of light from the subject, but considering dynamic lighting in GT5 does the lot, its still somehow not enough for Forza bots,

Maybe their sense of reality is warped by the hype train they rode in on?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 105 of 173 (666 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

afccarl1994,

Best post so far, I think one thing I have to realize is most of the guys on both sides don't have both games.

On the GT5 side you have people that are used to the way GT style is, although rather plain but still gets the job done for them.

On the Forza side, you have people that have never played GT5 and after seeing the trend that PD has been putting out are easy to down-play GT5.

I guess I went to the dark side then lol.  At first I wasn't warming up to the game but when I finally started getting used to it was when I saw a MUCH bigger opportunity in FM4.

Comparing the two, everyone likes to state swaps and all of that, but I will just say this,

In FM4:

Each mod either takes away weight or gives weight.

Each body kit also either adds or takes away.

The different rims and rim sizes and tire width do as well

There are two graphs in FM4 to show you what you are doing to your car, one shows the weight/weight distribution/hp/tq the other shows on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) what effect each mod does [ speed, handling, acceleration, launch, braking].

GT5 fans that have never played a Forza game (like me) did not know this, or maybe they did.  But I like this idea.  That is a whole lot more technical then just adding parts in GT5.  Both games have a points system for every upgrade but in GT5 your mods don't have any weight subtraction or addition (except for weight reduction mods...).

The online play is something to behold in FM4, GT5 as I'm looking at it right now has race for fun, race for real, drift or free run.

FM4 has the option to do: Circuit race (laps), Timed, Drag, point to point, drift, multi-class, soccer, tag, cat and mouse and elimination.

I just played cat and mouse and it was fun as hell first a Saleen truck kept ramming everyone so all the sports cars ganged up on the guy and started ramming him.  Although he wasnt the mouse, the mouse actually left because all the cat cars were too fast.

The cool part is you can choose to have AI racing and people all at once.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 106 of 173 (657 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I like weather change racing :Thumbs: It adds to the racing experience if i'm being honest.

Without weather change features, GT5 could have got boring real quick racing the same old track over and over again. This is why i'm shocked in this day and age Forza 4 doesn't use this feature. :Shame:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 107 of 173 (576 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I'm a long-time GT fan, since my PS2 days finished I switched to Xbox for a few years and played/enjoyed FM2. But when GT5 was released I went out and bought a PS3 just to play GT5.

Disappointed was not my initial thought, I loved it, the realism claims are a bit far fetched; I have plenty of experience of real driving, rFactor etc. to understand the limitations of games, but the whole package was a joy to behold.

But after a few weeks of playing it started to feel stale, the challenges were as good as done the competitions were 70% blitzed and getting boring very fast, there is so much restriction here.

So many critical questions arose, why can't I create my own races for money, why do I have to keep racing against the same cars on the same pre-determined tracks to level up. This ain't fun it's a grind. How hard would it have been to make a custom race creator in GT mode. I want to race my cars against 15 AI cars of my choice, on tracks of my choice.

And there were more, why does the AI slam on when I get alongside him. In single player mode; which is bread and butter for GT fans, it's failing me.

Then it happened, I purchased FM3, wow, I was wowed at how fun this was, the races against AI were a blast; the AI loves to race against you. The car selection felt huge compared to GT5's, even though there are less cars, they all have a cockpit view which gives the feeling of this being the car I chose rather than a set of dials, the same dials as every other 'standard' car in GT5.

The modding compared to GT5 felt like you were performing realistic modding that could be seen. GT5's is still stuck with the original GT upgrades, they feel like gimmicky game addons unlike FM's realistic addons. Not to mention the huge livery editor and online shop where you can buy other player's liveries, upgrade packages and cars.

Being able to get creative such as buying 80's cars, like the Sierra Cosworth, Merc 190E and BMW M3 then adding to them DTM touring car 80's liveries then matching their performance to reallife figures, and taking them to the Ring and creating a competitive race for credits is the sort of freedom I love and is what GT5 is totally missing.

Regarding FM4, when i'm done with FM3 I will level up to it, but for now i'm happy.

As for GT5 I still love it and play it regularly, but what saddens me is what it could have and should have been.

As for hating either game, I totally disregard anyone's opinion of hate towards either of these games as it is clearly a childish fanboy rant. These tools need to get over themselves and enjoy the wealth of racing games out there.

One irritating thing I see crop up on these forums constantly is complaining about the lack of realistic handling in Forza compared to GT5, these people are taking GT5 as gospel and using that as a standard to rate Forza, ridiculous. Both fail to achieve a realistic car handling feel but both have elements which make it more of a sim than a game.

There is no such thing as a definitive realistic racer on any console.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 108 of 173 (560 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I belive PS3 XMB... size 1920 x 1080  no game .... when load game change PS3 are small crap 1240 x 720 only games never 1080 ?

I talk best Xbox 360 can game 1920 x 1080 all games ... I talk S**K PS3 graphic small 720 away .... not 1080i or 1080.

I hear GT5 are problem forum They talk happen fix update no good ...

Forza 4 great .... big graphic fast  1080 smooth wow.... i happy ...

I no happy PS3 are very slow wait time snyc for trophy bar ... never fix update S**K.

But I play Battlefield 3 PS3 bit diffrenent , i test Xbox have Battlefleid 3 wow .... big screen, i belive good Xbox best .... one ... PS3 down thumb ...

if they will look test PS3 vs Xbox video from Youtube look .....

I watch great Xbox best future ,,,,,  But old Xbox frist time ... why copy Sony Playstation spy over Xbox ... i know that ... real first old Xbox console  when on switch press from conroller and wireless ... old PS2 not press on ... when PS3 new start have conroller and wireless same from Xbox 360 , Sony are spy for jealous over Xbox 360 future ...

But PS3 no good move motion with camera  ,,, I have Xbox Kinect no conroller wow ... real my hands move with camersa ...

I think future sony Playstation again spy Kinect ... happen fix new PS4 or PS5 console..

I not pay new PS4 and PS5 but still very slow snyc ....

I keep Xbox 360 future life ... Sony Playstation will be problem they might no happy slow snyc ... for trophys bar 0% to 100% about 3 minutes bored wait .... no play !! :xCry:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 109 of 173 (470 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

RBC8468 escreveu:

I belive PS3 XMB... size 1920 x 1080  no game .... when load game change PS3 are small crap 1240 x 720 only games never 1080 ?

I talk best Xbox 360 can game 1920 x 1080 all games ... I talk S**K PS3 graphic small 720 away .... not 1080i or 1080.

I hear GT5 are problem forum They talk happen fix update no good ...

Forza 4 great .... big graphic fast  1080 smooth wow.... i happy ...

I no happy PS3 are very slow wait time snyc for trophy bar ... never fix update S**K.

But I play Battlefield 3 PS3 bit diffrenent , i test Xbox have Battlefleid 3 wow .... big screen, i belive good Xbox best .... one ... PS3 down thumb ...

if they will look test PS3 vs Xbox video from Youtube look .....

I watch great Xbox best future ,,,,,  But old Xbox frist time ... why copy Sony Playstation spy over Xbox ... i know that ... real first old Xbox console  when on switch press from conroller and wireless ... old PS2 not press on ... when PS3 new start have conroller and wireless same from Xbox 360 , Sony are spy for jealous over Xbox 360 future ...

But PS3 no good move motion with camera  ,,, I have Xbox Kinect no conroller wow ... real my hands move with camersa ...

I think future sony Playstation again spy Kinect ... happen fix new PS4 or PS5 console..

I not pay new PS4 and PS5 but still very slow snyc ....

I keep Xbox 360 future life ... Sony Playstation will be problem they might no happy slow snyc ... for trophys bar 0% to 100% about 3 minutes bored wait .... no play !! :xCry:

O.o

o.O

What the hell have you been smokin'?

photo Febras-1.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 110 of 173 (463 Views)
0 Kudos