23 Sep 2013
By: Bladeaholic Member 103 Posts
Level 3

GT6 For PS4 ?

7 Replies 1,289 Views Created 23-09-2013

been looking at the GT page for info on the pre ordering packages GT6.

does anyone know if they are planning to release on PS4 ?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (1,289 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: GT6 For PS4 ?

Regardless of any recent rumours, nothing is definite yet, so please be patient.

Eventually, GT will arrive on the PS4, but we have to play GT6 first.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (1,238 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

i am looking forward to playing GT6 but knowing how long i was playing GT5 for and the release of the PS4 being so close will mean i will have to choose one or the other ??? i need some info to help me make my choices !

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (1,233 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I suppose it depends on how long you are willing to wait. I mean GT7 on PS4 has been put by kazunori-san as ready within two years, so if GT6 is to have a PS4 version, that might be a year from release.

On the other hand, Sony are making certain games upgradeable for a small cost - so buy GT6 on the PS3 and if or when the PS4 version comes, you can upgrade. With GT being such a big seller, I should imagine Sony will make the same kind of offer for GT6.

In the meantime, you can have all the fun of playing GT6 from release until then.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (1,188 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Was speaking to one of Sony reps tonight during a PS4 lock in this evening

And I asked him about GT6 and the chances of it coming to PS4 and his answer was this

None what so ever .He says for Polyphony to get GT6 on to the PS4 would be a mammoth task and they would basically have to start from scratch   He also says that they are starting work on GT for the PS4.And that it was not GT6 ..

And that they will keep a small team on PS3 to do DLC and regular updates for GT6

He also said that there will be zero chance of GTA V coming to PS4 as well ,again  they would have a mammoth task re building the game to run on PS4. He said that the CPU  in PS4 and the Cell in the PS3 were so different it would be like having to remake the game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (951 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Nothing new really. Kaz already said last month they were already working on GT7 for PS4. To be relesed somewhere around the end of 2015.

Whaaaaat?Alphazone4@RenegadEuphoriXWatch Me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (939 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Just play what you've got! GT5 is still a blast, I'm sure that GT6 will be too.

Why give yourself grey hairs over whether or not there will ever be a GT game on the PS4? Perhaps Kaz will shift to Xbox... who know? Only Kaz, and he ain't saying :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (933 Views)
0 Kudos

Wait a few more months. I think it will be released on the PS4 and they want as many people as possible to buy GT6 on the PS3 before people start moving over to the PS4...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (676 Views)
0 Kudos