80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

GT6 Release Date clue anyone?

28 Replies 677 Views Created 09-07-2011

Anyone heard what year gt6 will be planned for release?   (minus the 8 false release dates) lol

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

BluGardian wrote:

@atthegate if you happy with it and still get masses of fun from it i'm glad, me on the other hand like many on here buy a game to get the enjoyment out of it, ( yes a game) , and when that enjoyment turns to Grind Turismo as many game journos now call it it loses it's appeal. Being a massive GT fan i had hoped it would give me pleasure for ages as it " took how long to come out " as you said but it didn't.

I found it enjoyable and quite realistic to a point but there's only so often you can listen to that same dull thud when being hit or crashing without it losing it's appeal. When racing moves over and repetition takes it's place.

If GT5 was perfect and mind-blowingly good then the thread would not have been started, champagne would fall from the heavens etc etc but it's not perfect and many wonder like me why a good game took almost 6 years when other franchises knock one out a year and win every award going!

Gamespot nailed it  " GT5 is a 3 star game wrapped in a four star package " ( yes, a game ) lol

What would you have liked to have seen in GT5 that, in your mind, would make it better?

All games are repetitive to some extent.

I think career mode has yet to be nailed properly in the racing genre. With some, the length is too short at maybe 4 or 5 seasons while other's have limited options or few things to do at the end of the career.

GT5 is ok the way it is but could do with improved AI and more events.

0 Kudos

Re: GT6 Release Date clue anyone?

/16

BigMoab

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

I think they should just update GT5 with new cars and maybe tracks with DLC. I have to admit i find driving super cars like Ferrari Enzo and Gallardo etc; Boring, if they had more classic cars/racers and made events for it i think it would be alot better because people can experience the thrill of classic car racing and enjoy it rather than always racing the ferrari's around, but thats just me. I hope they introduce some classic car raing next game because then its the best of both worlds for all types of people who enjpy the classics aswel, not to mention there isnt that much classics that are premiuim anyway, some of them are cars people wouldnt really of thought they would be there such as the schwimmwagen, kublewagen and fiat 500, why not, Willys Jeep and Austin Mini Cooper S? I find it strange they added those cars and not any other iconic cars....

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
 photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
/16

ryguy_64

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ryguy_64
Accepted Solution
The game will never be perfect until the Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust is in there. ;)
0 Kudos

/16

Tomrock101

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tomrock101
Accepted Solution
I doubt GT6 will come out on this console.
0 Kudos

MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

I'll take a stab and say that the PS4 might be here around early/mid 2013.

Which really isn't that far away.

If that was the case, then the release of GT6 would have to put that into consideration.

I can't see PD releasing the latest version of their flagship title for a console that's possibly about to be superceeded.

Pure guess work of course.

0 Kudos

photo rsz_1pizapcom14635560136521_zpstqjza4yf.jpg
/16

CLOUD1985

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CLOUD1985
Accepted Solution

BluGardian wrote:

Anyone heard what year gt6 will be planned for release?   (minus the 8 false release dates) lol

fail-24.jpg

0 Kudos

/16

deanmove

77%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
deanmove
Accepted Solution

Your joking right?!?!!?  There still adding features to GT5, Read the update history ITS INSANE! GT5 took years to fully make and youu want a release date on GT6? :Stupid:

/16

BluGardian

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BluGardian
Accepted Solution

The fact there is no ' LOL ' at the end of my thread subject should really give it away that i wasn't joking, purely a light-hearted discussion between the community hoping not to get replies from users shooting it down in flames, the same ones who probably gave it 5 stars on every gaming/retail site they came across.

To answer the previous question i would have liked GT5 to have more variety in the core of the game, and i don't mean some multiplayer tweaks, chatting with other gamers, checking out friends progress etc which most games have. I know buggies and trucks have been done to death over the years and GT is better than that with it's quality but the fact the spent alot of time and money on 1k cars ( of which some of the preems are awesome) most of which are about as exciting as a dose of the seaside nippers!

Although i'm no fan of trucks and buggies it would have been interesting to try it with GT quality and mechanics attached. As i've said before i know endurance has tried to be realistic by having the very long races but for people working, spending 4-24hrs playing without a save option is not possible for someone like me who sees gaming as a hobby. Having tried it once after 2 hours the enjoyment waned and my six year wait for the career mode ended at extreme level. I don't get bored easily but after level 24 the real enjoyment left and i'm now at 39 and calling it a day. There's only so long you can race the same tracks over and over with your favourite premiums when it starts to fade.

Your totally right, no career/single player mode lasts very long these days and out of all the games i have GT5  career mode has lasted the longest but not through variety, through repeating races to achieve the next level.

If Rockstar can create a huge map for LA Noire to roam free in recreating parts of Los Angeles 90% accurate why couldn't PD have an extension of their grand tour with an endurance Paris/Dakar ( with saves lol), i dunno.

They can start by removing the ' toddler's toy drum' noise that happens when you take a Bugatti Veyron off the Nurburgring at 200mph into a steel wall or bump a VW van at 10mph, both the same sound and remove the vehicle forcefield that keeps every racer damage-free. It is motorsport after all! lol

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel