Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: GT6 Release Date clue anyone?

I think they should bring out one Gran Turismo per console which will have the new engine and graphics and the such, but then have DLC for the new cars/tracks of that generation. For example, releasing a pack of 5 cars every 2 months costing £5 and 3 tracks 6 months costing £8, assuming 10,000 people bought them all and there was a 10 year gap between that and the next Gran Turismo, that makes 100 cars (£100) and 60 tracks (£160), multiplied by the amount of people who bought them means £1,000,000 and and £1,600,000 respectively, and £2,600,000 is a tidy sum on DLC alone.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29 (2,125 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

ryguy_64 wrote:
I think they should bring out one Gran Turismo per console which will have the new engine and graphics and the such, but then have DLC for the new cars/tracks of that generation. For example, releasing a pack of 5 cars every 2 months costing £5 and 3 tracks 6 months costing £8, assuming 10,000 people bought them all and there was a 10 year gap between that and the next Gran Turismo, that makes 100 cars (£100) and 60 tracks (£160), multiplied by the amount of people who bought them means £1,000,000 and and £1,600,000 respectively, and £2,600,000 is a tidy sum on DLC alone.

Food for thought.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-worldwide-sales-top-6-3-million/

Figures as of Dec ..... released Nov.

plus

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/12/04/gran-turismo-5-helps-overlap-ps3-sales/

Purely Japan alone in 1 week.

When a software title can sell like that, and bump hardware sales to that extent, there is serious money involved.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29 (2,117 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

@atthegate if you happy with it and still get masses of fun from it i'm glad, me on the other hand like many on here buy a game to get the enjoyment out of it, ( yes a game) , and when that enjoyment turns to Grind Turismo as many game journos now call it it loses it's appeal. Being a massive GT fan i had hoped it would give me pleasure for ages as it " took how long to come out " as you said but it didn't.

I found it enjoyable and quite realistic to a point but there's only so often you can listen to that same dull thud when being hit or crashing without it losing it's appeal. When racing moves over and repetition takes it's place.

If GT5 was perfect and mind-blowingly good then the thread would not have been started, champagne would fall from the heavens etc etc but it's not perfect and many wonder like me why a good game took almost 6 years when other franchises knock one out a year and win every award going!

Gamespot nailed it  " GT5 is a 3 star game wrapped in a four star package " ( yes, a game ) lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29 (2,082 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I would love to see GT6 as much as the ps4 but i seem to remember reading in the UK broadsheets the story of a new title Gran Turismo 5 being planned for release to coincide with the launch of the brand new console PS3 ( showing my age now) and look how that dream ended.

Creates a new question, i wonder who would rather gt6 be a little less perfect and released sooner or best game for years but you must wait 4 years? 2015

EA took that advice too literally when the released Shift:Unleashed a hell of alot sooner/alot less perfect. GT5 is a living GOD compared to that game!   lmao

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29 (2,079 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

anyone remember how long did it take to PD make GT3 ? anyone ? whole 4 years, and how long did it take for PD to make GT4 ?? only half of the time so what I'm saying that we will see GT6 sooner than we'd expect especially if Pd wants to make that one for Ps3, and now they are familiar with the hardware so maybe they can now focus on making "more" game game which would mean alot more events, proper career (always wanted to see a career which would start, lets say from early 50's and progressing through decades while gaining new cars while tracks would "evolve" in the way those had in past decades)

GT5 is strongly connected to online world also so it isnt that much of a job for PD to adjust the actual game and adding new stuff into it instead of making whole new game (ofcourse trophy hunters wants more and more trophies to become collected)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29 (2,049 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

zeeri0us, like your idea of the career mode progressing through the decades.

Here's my list of cars i own
http://www.mygranturismo.net/user_sheet.php?id=3292

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29 (2,047 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

BluGardian wrote:

@atthegate if you happy with it and still get masses of fun from it i'm glad, me on the other hand like many on here buy a game to get the enjoyment out of it, ( yes a game) , and when that enjoyment turns to Grind Turismo as many game journos now call it it loses it's appeal. Being a massive GT fan i had hoped it would give me pleasure for ages as it " took how long to come out " as you said but it didn't.

I found it enjoyable and quite realistic to a point but there's only so often you can listen to that same dull thud when being hit or crashing without it losing it's appeal. When racing moves over and repetition takes it's place.

If GT5 was perfect and mind-blowingly good then the thread would not have been started, champagne would fall from the heavens etc etc but it's not perfect and many wonder like me why a good game took almost 6 years when other franchises knock one out a year and win every award going!

Gamespot nailed it  " GT5 is a 3 star game wrapped in a four star package " ( yes, a game ) lol

What would you have liked to have seen in GT5 that, in your mind, would make it better?

All games are repetitive to some extent.

I think career mode has yet to be nailed properly in the racing genre. With some, the length is too short at maybe 4 or 5 seasons while other's have limited options or few things to do at the end of the career.

GT5 is ok the way it is but could do with improved AI and more events.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29 (2,033 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Your joking right?!?!!?  There still adding features to GT5, Read the update history ITS INSANE! GT5 took years to fully make and youu want a release date on GT6? :Stupid:

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (2,023 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

The fact there is no ' LOL ' at the end of my thread subject should really give it away that i wasn't joking, purely a light-hearted discussion between the community hoping not to get replies from users shooting it down in flames, the same ones who probably gave it 5 stars on every gaming/retail site they came across.

To answer the previous question i would have liked GT5 to have more variety in the core of the game, and i don't mean some multiplayer tweaks, chatting with other gamers, checking out friends progress etc which most games have. I know buggies and trucks have been done to death over the years and GT is better than that with it's quality but the fact the spent alot of time and money on 1k cars ( of which some of the preems are awesome) most of which are about as exciting as a dose of the seaside nippers!

Although i'm no fan of trucks and buggies it would have been interesting to try it with GT quality and mechanics attached. As i've said before i know endurance has tried to be realistic by having the very long races but for people working, spending 4-24hrs playing without a save option is not possible for someone like me who sees gaming as a hobby. Having tried it once after 2 hours the enjoyment waned and my six year wait for the career mode ended at extreme level. I don't get bored easily but after level 24 the real enjoyment left and i'm now at 39 and calling it a day. There's only so long you can race the same tracks over and over with your favourite premiums when it starts to fade.

Your totally right, no career/single player mode lasts very long these days and out of all the games i have GT5  career mode has lasted the longest but not through variety, through repeating races to achieve the next level.

If Rockstar can create a huge map for LA Noire to roam free in recreating parts of Los Angeles 90% accurate why couldn't PD have an extension of their grand tour with an endurance Paris/Dakar ( with saves lol), i dunno.

They can start by removing the ' toddler's toy drum' noise that happens when you take a Bugatti Veyron off the Nurburgring at 200mph into a steel wall or bump a VW van at 10mph, both the same sound and remove the vehicle forcefield that keeps every racer damage-free. It is motorsport after all! lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29 (2,013 Views)
0 Kudos