24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Gran Tourismo 5

13 Replies 449 Views Created 28-11-2010

Well after completing GT 1 2 3 4 I have to confess I was so excited at the release of gt5.

What a huge huge dissapointment my grievences are

1, The game play is awful. Car charecteristics are as real as they are on Mario racers.

2. The time it takes to load each race and the delay between the licence's are unreal very very poor by Polyphony.  Even after waiting 40 mins to load on to my hdd still very slow.

3.The layout of somethings IE: You buy a car and you have to go to auto to have paint?????? grow up I haven't bothered with paint I just want to race. The garage split and this car delivery rubbish oh dear!

4. The licences are a tad tricky on a few but ok balance about right in difficulty.

5,Racing, Oh Dear it is so easy I have tried a few different levels and yet have to be challenged after 1 lap.Maybe this will change later in the game.

6. The game after all what was promised is dreadfull the graphics are no different than gt4 and yes I am on HDMI gold leads and full 1920x1080p hd tv 600hz.

7.Unfortunetly by far the worse GT game to date. Deeply Dissapointed.

8.   After playing myself and with friends we give GT5 4/10  

9. All this rubbish you have to be at a certain level to complete the next licence, A lot of people play gt by doing all the licences first then go racing even gold in the first two licences won't give you the required level for the next.

10. Again polyphony WHAT is the use of licences if once in race mode all the disqualifications for maybe putting a wheel wrong is taken away. Totally pointless having the licences if all the skills you gain completing them is thrown away in race mode, except when another vehicle knocks you off the track that can't be helped and should not be a DQ.

11. The game was delayed from 5/11/10 and released a few days later and soon as the disc is entered in to the ps3 I have to update the game, Obviously the game is going to get more updates to sought out the slowness of it and to get the handling charecteristics something like correct.

12. I have driven on most tracks in the UK including racing a Lambourghini on Silverstone trust me when I say the game play is not realistic.  My game is now gathering dust in a cupboard until a decent upgrade for the game becomes available.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

BiosNova

• Beta Tester
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BiosNova
Accepted Solution
So basicly, you are not a patient person and you got yourself way too overhyped about this game.
0 Kudos

Re: Gran Tourismo 5

/16

sp33dking89

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sp33dking89
Accepted Solution
Oh well dont like it sell it im not really intrested in your boring nag.
0 Kudos

/16

Gazz6666

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gazz6666
Accepted Solution

sp33dking89 wrote:
Oh well dont like it sell it im not really intrested in your boring nag.

This. These threads are a dime a dozen lately, most of them with bull***** reasons why the game is rubbish.

At the end of the day, if you don't like it, stop whinging to us and go back to the pathetic excuse for a racing game that is NFS:HP, which does feel like it's handling came straight from Mario Kart

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

BAZ1307

• Beta Tester
89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BAZ1307
Accepted Solution
Meh, another boring rant about some very minor problems. Oh, but this time, the OP can't even spell the name of the game correctly. :/

TBH, you're being far too picky and calling it a "huge disappointment" is a tad bit over the top. What exactly WERE you expecting from GT5? It's not the second coming of Jesus you know. :/
0 Kudos

/16

driv4r

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
driv4r
Accepted Solution

And I highly doubt you've fully completed 4 games in the series as you still can't spell the name of the game :ScaredPumpkin:

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

K. I ignored the entirety of your post because you can't even spell the game.

0 Kudos

/16

trum

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
trum
Accepted Solution

he has Gold leads... oh my god.... lol

gathering dust in less than 1 week?? you must spring clean more often then, lol

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Award Winner
/16

ArsenalMark

• Award Winner
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ArsenalMark
Accepted Solution

Oh btw, I smell troll, just look at his psn name.

Edit: Definite troll, has not earned a single trophy or at the very least never synced any trophies.

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=gt1234doneinfull

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

133561iEA3238E66D642536

FLAME ON.

0 Kudos

photo rsz_1pizapcom14635560136521_zpstqjza4yf.jpg
/16

doobery

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
doobery
Accepted Solution
been playing this quite a bit....and its not great....the racing itself is very very unrealistic...the collisions and sound are awfull....graphics are ok...in places they are very plain and dull...frame rate drop and screen tear raising its head too...shadows and background images are poor with some pop up in places aswell.....the ai is terrible....but the racing itself is dull as dishwater.....plus i get deja-vu when playing it.
0 Kudos

/16

Johnny-R187

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Johnny-R187
Accepted Solution

I have a bug with GT5 when i want to buy for example tires sport and i already have the racing ones i just bought them but i dont want to fit them right away in the car so i choose no to the answer to fit them now

and when i see at the settings of the car to change the tires the tires are not there as an option! gt5 done this for almost every car i have for other parts also it takes the money but it looses the stuff! OMG i have lost about 50000 cr for this bug plz fix it because i have already lost a lot of money and i am getting nervous! soz for my bad english i am from Greece... 

0 Kudos

Life starts at 9000 rpm!
/16

sickdog2009

80%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sickdog2009
Accepted Solution

133687iFF9AE7045587A1AD

0 Kudos

(cheers to mattsimmo for the sig!)

Don't Hate The Player, Hate the game!
/16

Jax789

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jax789
Accepted Solution

Nobody has any serious problems with the game. It's all "I have to go to GT Auto to change the colour of my car! D:"  Everybody is just nit-picking about the smallest things. There arn't too many massive problems with this game that would make you wanna stop playing it.

I'm having a great time with it!!! :D

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel