Playstation Staff

Re: Gran Turismo 5 - Car List

I'm just annoyed at how Asian based this car list is. Surely we would have loved some more British, American and Aussie cars. There are so many bloody versions of the Skyline. I know the makers are Asian, but please, you don't have to include so many versions of Evo's, STi's, MX-5's, Skylines and all the other Asian cars. How can you put some Suzuki concept car as a premium and not even a Veyron? I was looking forward to racing at least a couple of HSV's and British cars but am a little bit dissapointed in some choices for the car list. I'm not being biased to Aussie cars, even 5 more HSV's would've been fine. 1000 cars is awesome but when half of them are Asian, it sometimes gets a little bit annoying.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 57 (1,214 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

quick question, where was this game made again?
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 57 (1,210 Views)

Playstation Staff

It was Japan, right?

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 57 (1,207 Views)

Playstation Staff

I share your anger mate, it runs deep with me, I don't ask for much that they recognise Australia's contribution to the automotive industry and our proud racing heritage, which is as strong as anything in Europe, America and Asia.

1.)

They are bragging about a cars list well over a 1000, yet I have to be content with driving an 2000 AU Ford Falcon XR8, or the 2004 Holden Monaro and VY *****.

What they are telling me is that they could include the new Mitsubishi's, Subaru's, Nissan's, Dodge's, Chevy's and a huge range of poxy, obscure and downright pointless motor vehicles, yet  in the time that it has taken to get this game out to the public they couldn't even update our cars.

2.)

I have been waiting ever since the start of the franchise for them to include some of our iconic cars from our history. Falcons, Chargers, Torana's, Monaro's. The XY GHTO was the fastest 4 door production car of 1971 in the world, does this not deserve a mention. I don't need to preach to other Australian muscle car lovers about all the wonderful cars that have graced our roads and etched a place in our hearts.

3.) Yes the lack of Australian race tacks, Australia hosts a number of international events, which the tracks should be included, Phillip island, Bathurst, Homebush, Albert park, surfers paradise and the Adelaide street circuit.

To me what they are saying is that, internationally we're not very well respected and our contribution to motor racing and automotive industry is minimal and considered less than relevant. My overall disappointment in this game has me considering that when the next GT comes out I will simply give it a miss and I would hope that many more Australians recognise the disrespect that we have been shown and give the next GT a miss as well

Cheers, I just thought that this needed to be said....

Andy

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 57 (1,079 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Another one post wonder who thinks Australia is the end all and be all of the motoring world. Heck, I don't even think PD owns the FPV licence anymore, and the Holden one probably restricts it to the two cars in the game. Doesn't matter, there are lots of better offerings than riced up family sedans* in the game.

*I'm sure they're fun to drive, but you can always go take other similar cars and do the same thing.

BTG forums
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 57 (1,069 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Agreed Old Aussie icons would be cool, but would rather drive the 66 Jag X13 race car, 67 Ferrari 330 P4 race car, 69 Stingray or the countless others included.

[url=http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/bigpav53][img]http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/1LP76r6C/bigpav53.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/bigpav53][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/212/bigpav53.png[/img][/url]
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 57 (1,060 Views)

Playstation Staff

Clearly you missed the point of what was being said, which is dissapointing and I'm not about to argue the toss with you. This was simply one aspect of the game that I found was a let down and that my love for the GT franchise has taken a hit.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 57 (1,056 Views)

Playstation Staff

We're not saying Australia is the top of the car world. Come on, we deserve a better mention than three ******* cars out of 1000. Seriously, the number of Priuses equals or betters Australias car count.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 57 (798 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Zampli wrote:

We're not saying Australia is the top of the car world. Come on, we deserve a better mention than three ******* cars out of 1000. Seriously, the number of Priuses equals or betters Australias car count.

WRONG.

There are only two Priuses in the game. Although there are 5 hybrids in total.

BTG forums
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 57 (785 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

There are 5 MX-5s with exactly the same power and weight. There are 3 Aussie cars. That's wrong.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 57 (723 Views)