Level 7

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Impressions

I never heard about it getting scrapped and restarted, it kind of makes sense of how rushed the game feels, major flaws aside its the little things they seem to have qbvioulsy missed, brake upgrade anybody...em no.

I wont write down my first thoughts on the game, i would probs get a life time ban for the language, but after sleeping on it then, calming down a bit.

Its not the game we thought we are getting, If we knew GT5p was not the base for GT5 then things might be alot different in some of these threads, i think we have all been guilty at some point of overhyping it, even just in our heads, but as you say if you love GT you will find something to love in GT5.

My mates thrashed the life out of GT5p for nearly 2.5 years, im guessing we will find ways to do the same with GT5 too.

Gt6 might not be too far off dude, ive a few years on you but not too many mind, time will tell.

Will i play GT5 till 6 arrives, yes.

Awesome post tho dude!
2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca photo 2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca-1_zps09f27495.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 131 of 140 (497 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Cheers m8, totally agree!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 132 of 140 (480 Views)
0 Kudos

PtKid, your impressions of the game are spot on. I am actually disapponted as I believe GT4 is the better game.

Endurance is the worst; with the loss of 3xspeed, no combination of A&B spec drivers (as in GT4), and the ridiculously low prize credits. Do they really expect you to sit there for 24 hours driving in A-spec? I have read so many posts of people who say they will ignore Endurance completely or ignore A-spec only. Surely this is a poor reflection on the game?

I don't enjoy the new B-spec commands either. I know they've tried to make it more realistic, but I preferred it when you gave your B-spec an instruction (GT4) and he stuck to it. Now if you leave your B-spec in the lead and go make a cup of coffee, you come back and they've caught him because he slowed down too much?

In GT4, you needed a certain licence to enter races. In GT5, they have no effect? This, to me, is stupid. Why have them then?

There are a lot of enjoyable elements of GT5, but my overall impression is a 7 vs a 9plus rating for GT4.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 133 of 140 (437 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I for one won't be attempting to complete endurance, as i said i tried it and from 20 laps onwards the fun has disappeared. I used to drive in motorsport and do the odd race now as a part-time amateur so i'm not afraid of putting the time in as i see games as a hobby but they have failed to achieve their goal here. Yes i know it's called endurance for a reason but it looks like they've noticed the game had no depth, added b-spec mode which is more of a computerised movie than a mode, instead of play, fast-forward and rewind it's fast, slow, overtake and maintain and added endurance thinking we will all be doing star-jumps upon noticing it!!! I didn't pay £40 to watch a computer drive races for 40% of the game.

I did the 4 hour race and for someone like me who loves motorsport i was bored to tears. No damage, punctures, fuel stops/management, crashes the list goes on, and all aspects that happen in every race. I't's obviously just a game so there will be flaws but you don't claim to be the real driving simulator when it's only real comparison is the tracks and cars.

I know games can be addictive and when your into it sometimes time passes quickly and up till now it's been the gamers choice if they play and how long they play but it's the first time i've seen a game where your required to sit for 9 stints ranging from 4 hours to two 24hr sessions if you want to complete the game. Again i know it's an individual choice whether to do it or not but to have a PEGI 3 status how did they get that passed the current nutty rules on health and safety where you almost need a contract to go for a pee! lol

We will start to see lawsuits b'cos gamers got exhausted playing for a full day, burned their house to the ground with the ps3 plugged in for days!! lol

I agree they should have had settings, PRESS:

1) If your a die-hard gamer with no job, wife and gave the game 4/5 stars in reviews, thinks it's physics are accurate regardless of the ice road trucker-like gameplay, play the full endurance.

2) If you have a life with regular human contact, regular employment and want games to be fun and challenging without the risk of coma, use the accelerated timeline.

It's clear everyone has their own opinion on the matter but my own view is that Yamauchi had fun for 5 years taking part in almost every race/rally on the planet using his GT fame as his mealticket. He spent so much time on the 200 premium cars ( which do look delicious by the way) everything else feels quickly thrown in together. I expected so much more from the game i love and i also think gt4 was more thought through and balanced, Some parts of gt5 are good but others are embarassingly bad like the Formula cars handling.

What makes me feel better about it is that i'm not the only one, most professional reviews and many gamers agree with me so i'm not a hater, i just expected an improvement on the almost 3 yr old prologue not just an extension

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 134 of 140 (425 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I for one won't be attempting to complete endurance, as i said i tried it and from 20 laps onwards the fun has disappeared. I used to drive in moderators and do the odd race now as a part-time amateur so i'm not afraid of putting the time in as i see games as a hobby but they have failed to achieve their goal here. Yes i know it's called endurance for a reason but it looks like they've noticed the game had no depth, added b-spec mode which is more of a computerised movie than a mode, instead of play, fast-forward and rewind it's fast, slow, overtake and maintain and added endurance thinking we will all be doing star-jumps upon noticing it!!! I didn't pay £40 to watch a computer drive races for 40% of the game.

I did the 4 hour race and for someone like me who loves motorsport i was bored to tears. No damage, punctures, fuel stops/management, crashes the list goes on, and all aspects that happen in every race. I't's obviously just a game so there will be flaws but you don't claim to be the real driving simulator when it's only real comparison is the tracks and cars.

I know games can be addictive and when your into it sometimes time passes quickly and up till now it's been the gamers choice if they play and how long they play but it's the first time i've seen a game where your required to sit for 9 stints ranging from 4 hours to two 24hr sessions if you want to complete the game. Again i know it's an individual choice whether to do it or not but to have a PEGI 3 status how did they get that passed the current nutty rules on health and safety where you almost need a contract to go for a pee! lol

We will start to see lawsuits b'cos gamers got exhausted playing for a full day, burned their house to the ground with the ps3 plugged in for days!! lol

I agree they should have had settings, PRESS:

1) If your a die-hard gamer with no job, wife and gave the game 4/5 stars in reviews, thinks it's physics are accurate regardless of the ice road trucker-like gameplay, play the full endurance.

2) If you have a life with regular human contact, regular employment and want games to be fun and challenging without the risk of coma, use the accelerated timeline.

It's clear everyone has their own opinion on the matter but my own view is that Yamauchi had fun for 5 years taking part in almost every race/rally on the planet using his GT fame as his mealticket. He spent so much time on the 200 premium cars ( which do look delicious by the way) everything else feels quickly thrown in together. I expected so much more from the game i love and i also think gt4 was more thought through and balanced, Some parts of gt5 are good but others are embarassingly bad like the Formula cars handling.

What makes me feel better about it is that i'm not the only one, most professional reviews and many gamers agree with me so i'm not a hater, i just expected an improvement on the almost 3 yr old prologue not just an extension

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 135 of 140 (424 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

for all those who are unhappy with the 800 standard cars

PD spent a lot of time on the game engine and the 200 premium cars, but they had all those cars from GT4 that they found they could add simply to give us more.

I bet there would be far more complaints if those 800 cars hadn't been added

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 136 of 140 (408 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hadn't known Mr Y had spent his time racing rather than developing. Explains a lot.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 137 of 140 (391 Views)
0 Kudos

Please.Please. Tell me someone, how to play this game, I have waited 2yrs for what ???. This would be the biggest farcical  disappointment I have ever purchased.  Sony has a lot to answer for - how on earth can we ever earn enough money to puchase further cars in the game ie:- Formula One.  I have in stock many cars worth millions in my garage that I cannot sell or trade to earn enough to advance any further in the game.  Also try driving a car into a brick wall at high speed and come out damage free - rediculous - as this is supposed to be a Real Driving Simulator.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 138 of 140 (298 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

well in other words driving means driving, not crashing, correct me if I'm wrong :smileyhappy:

And for BluGardian guy who always love to bable about how bad physics are, you should read an review made by CAR JOURNALISTS which clearly said that physics are pretty much correct in Gran Turismo 5, and even J.Kankkunen (a world rally champion) tested GT5 out and said it is very accurate tho cornering in gravel should be more "aggressive" so thing is, do I believe a guy with nasty nickname or an real champion in rally about game physics.... errr. (same thing with real life car journalists)

Sam

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 139 of 140 (287 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

What do you mean a guy with a nasty nickname? I take it your one of the guys who think gt5 is a 5 star game and has a go at anyone who has a differing opinion. Somehow i can see kankkunen having a go on it at a motorsport convention but i doubt he spends his time playing video games unless he's like seb loeb who is pocketing £100k for his special challenge insertion. I think i'll value the opinion of dozens of gaming experts over a great rally driver who played a video game for half an hour.

Go dip into your overdraft and hire a lotus elise and you'll see it's not like driving on black ice. I criticised a computer game get a grip!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 140 of 140 (279 Views)
0 Kudos