97%
12 Rank
Progress

Gran Turismo SPORT

[ Edited ]
102 Replies 11,502 Views edited 31-10-2015
27 Oct 2015
By Tassie_tiger

"On the 27th of October 2015 (local time) at the Paris Games Week event, "Gran Turismo SPORT" was announced, exclusively for PlayStation®4."

Here's the full clip from the SONY conference with Kazunori Yamauchi on stage announcing Gran Turismo SPORT.

Polyphony Digital and SONY have been quick off the mark, and we already have a new section on the Gran Turismo website, plus articles posted on both the EU and US PlayStation Blogs.

So let's take a look.

"The latest instalment of the Gran Turismo franchise, which as of March 2015 has sold over 75 million copies worldwide, is coming to PlayStation®4 with the name “Gran Turismo SPORT”!

The graphics, sound and physics engine will be the most realistic ever experienced in a driving simulator thanks to the new platform and the new technologies, but that alone would be a too obvious improvement: the way driving games are played will also undergo a huge revolution with “Gran Turismo Sport”.

This is a vision that invokes the rebirth of motorsports."

The FIA Gran Turismo Championships:

"In “Gran Turismo SPORT”, there will be two online championships running simultaneously: In the Nations Cup, players represent their home country and in the Manufacturers Cup, players represent their favourite car manufacturer."

"Players will not only be able to race as drivers themselves, they’ll also be able to root for their home country or their favorite manufacturers teams as a spectator."

"The winner of the championship will be awarded in the same manner as real life motorsports champions, at the FIA prize giving ceremony."

"But it’s not just about online racing; the GT teams have continued to build on the games legacy of accessibility to ensure that the game is open to all to enjoy."

Announcement of Beta Testing:

"With the beta expected to begin in Spring 2016, it won’t be long before players can experience all GT has to offer on the power of PS4."

Link to new GT SPORT section of Gran Turismo website

Link to EU PlayStation Blog

*Edit 1* - Added 'Paris Games Week Conference' Youtube clip to OP.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IRT_NissmanR32

32%
02 Rank
Progress
IRT_NissmanR32
Accepted Solution

Can I get a beta invite please PD?

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

murfskimonkey

43%
02 Rank
Progress
murfskimonkey
Accepted Solution

If someone drives into you then you should not be penalised in SR points, this needs looking at quite a bit more.

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

vapourz

28%
02 Rank
Progress
vapourz
murfskimonkey
Accepted Solution

I agree with you I think SR eating needs some work on it. Like if you get rammed in the rear while under braking should be looked at as I have had a few incidents where I've been put out of a race on first lap because of this. Although the penalty system did some justice for 1 race where the drive who push me off track into a wall didn't slow down for a penalty and dropped from second to 4th after the race because of this penalty so I think system has good potential and the matching system for the races has been really good I feel they are always balanced very well

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

MastrGT

• MVP
95%
08 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

If someone slams into your car while braking, who's to say that you didn't try to brake-check the guy following you?

Rules aren't always cut-and-dried, black and white, so give PDI a chance to figure things out.

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

aribeth666

28%
02 Rank
Progress
aribeth666
Accepted Solution

I agree the sr needs some work Don't think its fair you get penalize when someone punts you off 

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

MastrGT

• MVP
95%
08 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

GT Sport's new dust and dirt.

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Now i know why I slid off at that corner 

Gran Turismo SPORT

Twitter: RenegadEuphoriX /// Twitch: RENegadeXtreme /// PIN No: Ha!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

That looks super cool.  

I wonder if it will effect the track grip level should you drive past something like that during a race?

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

89%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Can you imagine all the people doing a 2hr race and into the race at 1hr 45min - somebody goes off in the lead, adds gravel to the track - then a following car gets a puncture from the debris and is unable to get back to the pits to change tyre - comes in last at the end of the 2hrs  

There would be an uproar - game is not fair - I did nothing wrong and lost the race  etc  etc  etc

But that does indeed look epic and really hope that it does effect the track in some way for the following cars.

Got to love the detail that PD have put into the game, really hope they can improve on this game, make it stand out over the competition.   Sounds will need to be worked on a little more.

Driven a fair bit of this Beta now, the recent update has improved the quality of the game since my first try.  The wheel has more of a feel to it with improved Forced Feedback.  

Thanks goes to my friend for putting up with me sitting at his wheel for a few hours.  

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

MastrGT

• MVP
95%
08 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Since I have not been granted access to the beta yet, can you test spewing dirt on the track and see if it affects traction or not?

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

89%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Sure, and it will be amusing at the same time.

I'll try and pop around later on today then, and lock him out if the apartment 

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

89%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
MastrGT
Accepted Solution
Spoiler
Not been able to replicate getting any debris on Tracks yet, just a simple dust cloud   
0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Oh! Trying to get details from the closed beta? 

I had someone at the weekend join party chat, and not say a single word for 5 hours. Just sat there, listening in. The length's that people go to for information. Haha! 

Well I hope the NDA get's lifted at some point. So I can share all the juicy good details. And the few bad things.

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Damn it.

Busted.    

Gran Turismo SPORT

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

89%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

If you were really that interested - then you should have said.

I could have signed up myself and piped the Engine sounds down a microphone so you could sample the new Vacuum Cleaners sounds!!

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Post removed.

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Removed? But I was just about to reply it 

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

I moved my thoughts to somewhere more appropriate.

Sorry.

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

It's ok 

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

maniche_17

29%
02 Rank
Progress
maniche_17
Accepted Solution

I love Gran Turismo and i want them to have advantage over competitors, mainly such as Project Cars and Forza  in the racing game market. In consideration of the rivalry, there is quite some work to do on physics, sound, and feedback to the controller vibrators. 

Firstly, the physics seems to be corresponding well with the controller when driving in a straight line or sharply turning into a corner. however, as soon as you start to lose traction and initiate drift, it feels like the steering wheel is not connected to the car. bare in mind that this is with all assisted settings off and traction on 3. i think the reason why i am getting this unpleasant experience is because the feedback to the controller's vibrators when the car is slipping/drifting, is insufficient, making it difficult to 'feel the car'. 

The sound on the other hand shows improvements in the car engines but tyre screech is too basic. i hear the same exact tyre screech every time and as small as this detail may seem, it helps a lot in terms of virtual realism so improvements are also essential in this aspect. 

Does anyone else have this experience?

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SuperShouden

58%
02 Rank
Progress
SuperShouden
Accepted Solution

Hey, since I can't post in the beta forums, I'll post here: The penalty for hitting other cars is still INCREDIBLY broken as demonstrated by an Audi R8 LMS driver in my last race. First he braked a little early for the first corner and I hit him. I got a penalty. Fine. Whatever. But then, this "lovely" person slide up into me on the carousel and hit me, then spun out and I passed through his ghost and I got another penalty. What? If GHOSTS and can give me penalties, I feel like you're gonna run into people brake checking people and generally trying to be jerks. At least lessen the penalty. 9.5 seconds is forever.

0 Kudos

Gran Turismo SPORT

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel