diablo944

72%
02 Rank
Progress

Gran turismo sport pedal calibration

9 Replies 926 Views Created a week ago
12 Oct 2017
By diablo944

I am using a t300 rs with t3pa pro pedals. The brake has a conical mod so travel is limited unless you stamp on it like a superhuman. I am only posting this as I hope there are others in the same position who will appreciate the situation. The game plays well (apart from server issues that keep stopping game saves), though the force feedback on the t300 feels seriously heavy, even with settings low its still strong ffb, perhaps too strong.

but the lack of pedal calibration is my biggest concern. With pedal calibration (and deadzone) its possible to fine tune the experience so maximum travel of the brake isnt required to get a full brake application. It would also allow for any conical mod users to have the brake come in at the point the rubber meets the pedal for much finer control.  In my case I am either braking way too soft and overcooking corners, or pushing so hard that its impossible to gauge correctly without having to look at the brake meter on screen.  I was disappointed to see that although a lot of wheels are supported, the pedals are not shown anywhere and so have no calibration options. 

Other than that though, the game looks like its a winner.

LABELS: Steering wheels
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

90%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

For a game that is pointed towards the more serious racer, the lack of calibration is a real let down.

I'm using my old Logitech pedals with my T300, they have the same sensitivity as the Thrustmaster equivalent...  Added a few Mods to the pedal pressures as well as you.  Just by a different means.

A game like this needs everything adjustable.

For Rally driving, I like to map the clutch pedal as my Handbrake.....  works well with DiRT 4.

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SeeNoWeevil

96%
02 Rank
Progress
SeeNoWeevil
Accepted Solution

Yeah same. Which is confusing because (at least on PC) the pedals calibrate themselves on the first push so should be giving 100% at the desired point.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SeeNoWeevil

96%
02 Rank
Progress
SeeNoWeevil
Accepted Solution

Just gave this another test. After the game boots, gave the brake (T3PA Pro with conical rubber) a firm press. Once in game, the brake meter on the HUD was indicating 100% with a similarly firm press of the pedal. I get the impression though they are constantly re-calibrating, so an extra hard press will shift 100% to that point.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

MastrGT

• MVP
95%
08 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

I brought this issue to PDI's attention.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

tinydusty

25%
02 Rank
Progress
tinydusty
Accepted Solution

This is a huge concern to me that there is no option for calibration for pedals. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SeeNoWeevil

96%
02 Rank
Progress
SeeNoWeevil
Accepted Solution

The thing is though, if the wheel is self-calibrating every time you push the pedal, having in-game calibration as well doesn't really make sense to me. I know other games do this but it still seems like it could cause some inconsistency. Sure, allow the player to adjust the linearity of the travel. Maybe the Thrustmaster wheels only calibrate for the first few presses then stop.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

diablo944

72%
02 Rank
Progress
diablo944
Accepted Solution

Its not good as it is. Not knowing if the pedal calibrates on first press, or six presses, or first 30 seconds? All it does is build in an inconsistency from the word go. Using another game as an example, pcars allows the pedals to be set as you want and you then 'know' where the max limit is and can set it accordingly. So an adult can have a heavier pressure for full brake than a child as an example.

but for anyone with a conical mod (a part that comes with the t3pa pedal sets so we are not talking extra modification here) the generic feel is off. With the conical mod you lose some percentage of travel (those who use heavier duty come mods probably lose more) so to get a full brake (showing on the screen)needs a lot of force. Iys a shame as in reality the force needed for a full brake application in game would ideally be a lot less than the heavy force you 'need' to physically apply as things are at present.

if, as has been suggested, the game is using some constant reading to find the maximum, then its far from good. We used to have friends round and race the same tracks for timing glory. Who was fastest? This meant numerois people swapping out in the driving seat. If the game is constantly taking the heaviest brake user as the maximum brake, then everybody else is at a disadvantage as the only person who then gets to drive with any consistency is the heavy braker. Everybody else is having to push harder to achieve a similar brake.

all I know fit sure is that the only thing I truly disliked about GTs (apart from struggling to save my game all the time) was the horrible brake. It was way too stiff to use well and did lottle to make smooth driving a true option. Instead it ended up being a point and squirt excercise. Flat out, All in on the brake, realise you need more as its a solid feel but needed more as the gauge on screen showed about 75 percent brake, apply more, go wide and end up out of position, all because the brakes maximum force is so far away from where you actually want it to be.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Cossie55

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Cossie55
Accepted Solution

same problem here, Thrustmaster T500 RS. can only get about half the braking with the realistic brake mod installed. Surely they can fix this...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
22%
02 Rank
Progress
firedragon_s7eve
Accepted Solution

I found this thread looking for a solution because this issue is driving me nuts. My G29 pedals are 2 years old and the pot in the Accelerator is getting noisy. In GT Sport this means I often can't achieve full throttle so I'm loosing valuable time. I love GT Sport but this is not a problem in other sims since I can set deadzones at either end of any pedal to remove unintentional activation and make sure 100% application can be achieved. I find it a bit shocking that some sims still lack such an essential feature in 2017. If they don't want to give users the option to tune their pedals just include a remove noise option that people can select that causes the game to automatically add 7% deadzone at the start and end of each pedal. That normally is enough to remove noise from most pedals.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel