01 Mar 2011
Playstation Staff

Gt5 24 hour races

[ Edited ]
12 Replies 3,842 Views edited 01-03-2011

This is just my opinion, but I do think that the development team have missed a trick here, yes gt5 is great and getting better but who has the will or time to play the last endurance races for a full 24 hours,  the 9 hour race is way too long also, so with that in mind.

I have a great deal of driving games from various systems including PC, I have a game called LE MANS 24 hour (PC version)

In this game you have the option to  do the race in following modes

• Actual time (full real time 24 hours)
  • Double speed (full race in half time 12 hours)
  • Quad speed (full race in 6 hours)
  • and there is also an option to do the race in 1 hour

once selected the game speeds up nightfall and sunrise the clock on the top right runs quicker and shows 

• REAL TIME
  • Game TIme (counts down)

so why with such an advanced game such as gt5 do we not have this option, as the rewards could be greater and also allow an option to the gamer.

So if you do the race in 1 hour you get ( a car exp and money)

but as you change and increase the time you want to do this race in then EXP cars and other option could possibly be won.

Please people dont be a dingbat and say things like

• "ITS A SIM"
  • there are 24 hours in a day

As I know all of this I am merely saying that  Its just my thoughts people but I do think it would be better than being stuck with only being able to do 24 hours race in real time which a lot of people just dont have the time to do, unfortunately. :smileysad:

All thoughts (except smart ***** ones) are welcome :Winner:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (3,842 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Gt5 24 hour races

[ Edited ]
GT5 is aiming to be a simulator, so a 24 hour race is going to take... wait for it... 24 hours! And last time I checked, the Earth rotated around its axis only once every 24 hours.

:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (3,831 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

With that reasoning, make all the races in the game one lap. 

Or better yet, release a new Dualshock 3 that has the button "Unlock all cars and gold everything". 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (3,822 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Or better yet, release a new Dualshock 3 that has the button "Unlock all cars and gold everything".
i would buy oneof those lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (3,812 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Now just imagine if you played let's say 20 hours and your console freezes up or the power goes out you wasted all that time staying up late or whatever when it wasnt your fault which is exactly why in those long races they need to put save points in the pits so you can save anytime whenever you pit.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (3,797 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Well they could offer those options with vastly reduced credits and XP for cutting them down.

So those who just want to complete the races but simply don't have the time can at least get them done, albeit for less reward.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (3,779 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Personally I think the 24 hour races should be 24 hours long, no more, no less. Being able to save the race when entering the pits during a 6+ hour race would be very handy though, and that's definitely something I would like to see PD add to the game.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (3,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

I'm a little lost having not played these games you mention.

Are you talking driving the game yourself, or using a computer driver to do the driving for you?

If it is the case that you drive for yourself, then at 8x speed wouldn't a lap of Nurburg ring take, say 35mins. instead of 7mins, (as far as the race clock is concerned) so hence my confusion.

It does sound a little weird so I'm assuming I have the wrong idea of what your trying to say.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (3,730 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Its a sim...

Theres 24 hours in a day....

You ask us not to reply with those 2 answers when they are only 2 answers you need as to why they take 24 hours.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (3,705 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

This brings back sweet memories of doing the nurburgring 24h on GT4, put it on b-spec and waited 9 hours (because pit stops aren't fast-forwardable), worth it for the FGT though :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (3,669 Views)