19 Feb 2011
Playstation Staff

Gt5 when and how do you get red bull f1 car?

22 Replies 30,397 Views Created 19-02-2011
Gt5 when and how do you get red bull f1 car?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (30,397 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Gt5 when and how do you get red bull f1 car?

lvl35 B-Spec and then traded for the other 4

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (30,387 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

or you win them by completing the sebastian vettel challenge which unlocks at lv 30
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (30,370 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

You have to wait to you get to level 40.......... Personal I think it is wrong I believe the car was design for the La Mesa 24Hr at level 35 the next level is 40 this means that you have to go through the level bar 5 times to get the GT5/F1..........Have fun!!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (30,313 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Not sure what you mean here. You can get it at level 30 by completing the Vettel Challenge or at level 35 for free just for making it to 35. Or, you can trade, as disruptiv has, at any time and now he has 5 of them. See above...?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (30,309 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I tried to get one last night by doing the Sebastian Vettel Challenges, no chance in hell, the car handles worse then my 1978 HZ Holden sedan through the corners, I have never seen so much bounce in the suspension. I did manage to get bronze in the Monza challenge, but no where near the times on the other 2, Suzuka and Nurburgring, the only place where this thing is any good is in a straight line.

So don't know why you want one, they handle like crap, just stick to the FGT, if this is a "Prototype" then whoever did the suspension needs to go back to the drawing board and try again!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (30,172 Views)

Playstation Staff

you need to get to level 35

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (28,205 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

once you get all bronze at least in the vettel challenge you get the X2010.

you can buy one but not until level 40, the one you can buy comes in a heap of different colours.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (27,935 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

These threads seem to still keep coming up.

And although almost every response is correct, most are open to interpretation due to some missing details.

So this is my understanding of how this works.

Earliest lvl to win the X1 is via lvl 30 A Spec.

This unlocks the Seb. Vettel challenge.

All bronze in this challenge earns you the RedBull livery X1.

All silver and you get an X1 of random colour.

All gold, and you earn the carbon, also known as the prototype, X1.

As with all challenges, achieving all gold will earn you gold, plus silver, plus bronze prizes.

Next opportunity is at lvl 35 B Spec.

Simply by reaching lvl 35 B Spec you are awarded the RedBull livery X1.

And finally, reaching lvl 40, in either A Spec or B Spec, will allow you to purchase an X1 in the colour of your choice from the new car dealer, excluding the RedBull livery or the carbon version, which can't be purchased.

The coloured versions  will cost 20 million.

To the best of my knowledge, this is how you can get your hands on an X1.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (27,911 Views)

Playstation Staff

GlenGrainger wrote:

I tried to get one last night by doing the Sebastian Vettel Challenges, no chance in hell, the car handles worse then my 1978 HZ Holden sedan through the corners, I have never seen so much bounce in the suspension. I did manage to get bronze in the Monza challenge, but no where near the times on the other 2, Suzuka and Nurburgring, the only place where this thing is any good is in a straight line.

So don't know why you want one, they handle like crap, just stick to the FGT, if this is a "Prototype" then whoever did the suspension needs to go back to the drawing board and try again!

The trick is not to try and take corners like a normal car. Take most of them fast and you will stick to the track, but you do have to stay on the pavement.

I did the 24 hour LeMans in one (got it from B-spec) and the challenges were a lot easier afterwards, although I still only have bronze on each. My first retry after LeMans was about 20 seconds faster.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (27,807 Views)