02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Hardest races in gt5 "Formula gran turismo championship"

[ Edited ]
54 Replies 35,138 Views edited 08-12-2010

Well i think it is, nothing comes for free there. You realy gotta fight for it.

I have unlocked the long hours races to, but that and the "Formula gran turismo championship" is just to much for me.

But hands up for those who beat it and the enduriance races, i just had enough now and think it's time to stop before it get's out of hand with time used on this game and BIIIIIIG fustrations from time to time.

I just had to let some steam out here, good luck with the game guys :)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Boyd261

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Boyd261
Accepted Solution

Just one question... I can't figure out what a formula gran turismo car is. So, if you buy a ferrari f2007 or a f10, can you use it in the formula gt ?? Because if not, i spent 10+ million credits on a car that i can' t use ...

0 Kudos

Re: Hardest races in gt5 "Formula gran turismo championship"

/16

babaoriley3

96%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
babaoriley3
Accepted Solution
I'm afraid you've spent a lot of money and a car you can't use, you need the Polyphony Digital Formula GT Car that pops up in the used car dealership every now and then. You need to be a level 24 and need 4.6million credits
0 Kudos

/16

Boyd261

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Boyd261
Accepted Solution
Well , luckily didnt buy the f2007 or the f10 , i almost , but thanks for replying so fast ! Now i have 10 million credits to spent on everything i want. But it doesn't make sense to me ... Why can't you use your hard earned f2007?
0 Kudos

/16

Spockwad

86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spockwad
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the previous tip. I am on the grind to buy an F1 car and was shooting for the Ferrari 10, up to 3 mill. What a waste of money that would have been if you cannot use it in Formula GT. Just have to wait for the used car lot to sell me one. Shame there isn't a dodgy geezer in a sheepskin coat who you can haggle with in the menu!

0 Kudos

/16

BonesDT

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BonesDT
Accepted Solution

OK, is it me or is my controller broken??  For some reason, during hard rights, the F1 won't turn at all and I fly straight off the corner.  It's happened small time with less powerful cars in other races, but it's extremely devistating in the Form GT Championship.  I would think my controller is broken going right, but it seems to especially happen when I'm amongst the pack and it's a hard slow right hairpin after a fast straight.  Is this some automotive phenomenon that I'm not aware of, like the drafting when amongst the pack of F1s creates some force that doesn't allow your wheels to turn right??

0 Kudos

/16

DAVEDENILE

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DAVEDENILE
Accepted Solution

to eliminate this buy a steering wheel

MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Obviously not a 'race', but I recently found the IB License test for FR car in cone slalom very tough.

Maybe even the toughest I personally struggled with over all licenses.

Check out this pic.

I just had to take it while I was doing this test over and over and over........

DSCF0034.JPG

As you can imagine, I was not a very happy chappy with this result.:xCry:

0 Kudos

photo rsz_1pizapcom14635560136521_zpstqjza4yf.jpg
/16

WikidEvilGenius

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WikidEvilGenius
Accepted Solution

Those cone slaloms were a pain. It's all about finding the correct driving line and gets really annoying when you keep hitting the cones.

Practise makes perfect. Have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7n-WFVtDoM

0 Kudos

/16

Ultima_40

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ultima_40
Accepted Solution

Yeah, you're pretty lucky you didn't waste that 10 million. Sadly, I didn't find out that you can't use the Ferrari F1 in any carreer races before I bought it, and was pretty mad afterwards. Ughh, I just did the same thing again. I bought the Zonda R Race Car, and it's a piece of crap. I just found out about the Formula Gran Turismo, and I guess I'm going to save up and buy that next. I just hope it's not a ripoff.

0 Kudos

/16

mataio91

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mataio91
Accepted Solution

hi i was wondering if you could help me.

i bought a formula gran turismo of the online collectors dealership and was wondering if that was the famous formula gt.

Its been doing my head in wondering if it is or not, someone please help, hit me up on my email           [e-mail address removed]

Thanks.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

BigMoab

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

mataio91 wrote:

hi i was wondering if you could help me.

i bought a formula gran turismo of the online collectors dealership and was wondering if that was the famous formula gt.

Its been doing my head in wondering if it is or not, someone please help, hit me up on my email           [e-mail address removed]

Thanks.

Yes it is.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
 photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

Please remember not to post personal information such as your e-mail address on the forums. 

You can use the private message function if you want to communicate between yourselfs.

Cheers,

0 Kudos

/16

Beevster

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beevster
Accepted Solution
I'm now doing this championship.. I managed to gold Fuji ok bronze Indy (had real trouble focusing in braking zones) got a silver at Monaco so depressed I lost this on second to last lap I was pressured all the way I knew if I made an errror I was beat and yes you guessed it beached on the bloody curb and they bumped passed me.. I managed to claw a unsatisfied second place.

What I don't understand is people saying that Nuremburg ring is easy because the wi spins a lot I finished last altho it was raining... No luck here felt totally outclassed for the first time.

Monza started great was raining too I was first I swear they went in the pits but I'm not sure couldn't tell from the rear view mirror.. anyway by lap 9 they was taking massive chunks out my gap from 27 seconds I was down to 17 I knew I couldn't pit not enough time.. so I stuck with slicks, was only 40-50% rain and it didn't feel wet. Anyway they Soon caught me up and pressure was on again and yes I bottled it. I ended up down in 11th I lost the plot trying to hard to regain the positions I had lost knowing I needed the places to make up for the last race to no avail and made an even bigger cockup of it ending up in 12th moral is low now.

Even though I knew I had blowen the championship I still continued with the last race just to take some even tho un.needed money from a poor championship.. I got off too a flyer.. first place dry conditions moral was up. I managed to get a 30 second gap.. but by lap 5 they was pulling 7 seconds a lap out of me.. I was lapping in the 1.40 area.. is that slow? Anyway they caught me in no time I resisted until lap 15 from constant pressure and finally put it in the sand, it took me ages to get out and I thought it was better to stop now.. and exited the championship.

Back too the drawing bored form me what is confusing me is the compleate lack of consistancy from the a.I it seems like out of nowhere they come at you.. I've really enjoyed most of the championships but found this the hardest so far.. I did the NASCAR Daytona very easily compared to this.. and I'm British with no knowledge of NASCAR weird!!!
I
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel