02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Hardest races in gt5 "Formula gran turismo championship"

[ Edited ]
54 Replies 34,978 Views edited 08-12-2010

Well i think it is, nothing comes for free there. You realy gotta fight for it.

I have unlocked the long hours races to, but that and the "Formula gran turismo championship" is just to much for me.

But hands up for those who beat it and the enduriance races, i just had enough now and think it's time to stop before it get's out of hand with time used on this game and BIIIIIIG fustrations from time to time.

I just had to let some steam out here, good luck with the game guys :)

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Tidgney

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tidgney
Accepted Solution

iv beat it im on endurance races now. I think the championship is great. Requires some skill if you use default setup, i mean you can really have a good race :D. Key is get used to the torque and you will win quite easily. Its also about patterns and repetition like most races. So once you start lapping at a nice time, you should be able to achieve that time quite easily. I mean if i hadn't have got the human stopwatch already i would have got it today in this championship.

0 Kudos

Re: Hardest race in gt5 "Formula gran turismo championship"

=========================================
Want clean competitive racing? Want to run in a 1 night event or a season over a long period? What about a community that is friendly, has experience and willingness to help??

Then Visit: www.gtleague.co.uk

The place for Clean Competitive Racing!

www.livestream.com/tidgney

/16

basemix2007

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
basemix2007
Accepted Solution

You may be right Tidgney :)

But that championship is so stressing i end up with a heart attack because it goes so fast and that they are on my tail all the time. One mistake and they are all over me and everything goes wrong. but yeah great races maybe a bit too hard for me.
But sure it can be won, but i can imagene it will take HOURS of practice, if not days.

I think it's the longest game i have played in my 33 years of living and the most fustrating game too.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Tidgney

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tidgney
Accepted Solution

hehe :P, well if its your first gt it might take quite a bit of getting used to definitely :). Main things i can advise are ;

- 2nd gear half throttle

- 3rd 75-85% to full towards the end of the gear.

- Take it out on an endurance race should help you get used to it a little more perhaps :).

- Change setups to begin with to what you prefer if your not comfortable with that change downforce as  alone as that will help in itself.

Hope these may be able to help you. 

I mean i use a pad so this is kinda the thing i use, with my wheel i would probably be more specific, but only using pad atm :P.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
=========================================
Want clean competitive racing? Want to run in a 1 night event or a season over a long period? What about a community that is friendly, has experience and willingness to help??

Then Visit: www.gtleague.co.uk

The place for Clean Competitive Racing!

www.livestream.com/tidgney

/16

basemix2007

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
basemix2007
Accepted Solution

Yes i'm new to Grand Turismo, i have not played the others.

Thanks for the advises Tidgney

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

berniecon

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
berniecon
Accepted Solution

im still waiting to get the bloody car. saw it for sale once and was off the price by one mill. im now level 26 and i still havnt seen it again. im now begining to think its not coming back up for sale.

thats the only race i need to finish in a spec bar the endurance ones so im alittle peed off with it.

0 Kudos

/16

WikidEvilGenius

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WikidEvilGenius
Accepted Solution

These races are hard and long. 20 laps each and everyone is using the same car. It can also take some time to adjust from using a road car to an F1 car.

I am also having trouble with the Formula Gran Turismo Championship. The trick is to practise, then take a break, go do something else and practise again later.

I'm leaving it for now and may try some B-Spec races.

0 Kudos

/16

Clyde-YELLO

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Clyde-YELLO
Accepted Solution

They're only 20 laps. If i recall correctly, in Gran Turismo 4 they were anything between 55 and 75 laps, and the AI was no less competitive. Amusing.

I wonder why sticking to the old Polyphony Formula Fantasy car when we do have two F1 Ferraris now. The car is not even Premium, am i supposed to drive for twenty, breath-taking laps from the bumper/spoiler/wing/whatever after you spoiled me with that cockpit view (And engineered the game for it too)?

0 Kudos

/16

basemix2007

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
basemix2007
Accepted Solution

Glad i'm not the only one finding these races so hard, but yeah not impossible. It's just so fustrating when you just used 4,8 millions for 6 races that nearly need a grand turismo master

0 Kudos

/16

WikidEvilGenius

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WikidEvilGenius
Accepted Solution

basemix2007 wrote:

Glad i'm not the only one finding these races so hard, but yeah not impossible. It's just so fustrating when you just used 4,8 millions for 6 races that nearly need a grand turismo master

No worries, keep at it.

You can also use the F1 car for other races. It's faster than race cars and makes for good practise. :smileywink:

0 Kudos

/16

WikidEvilGenius

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WikidEvilGenius
Accepted Solution

Clyde-YELLO wrote:

They're only 20 laps. If i recall correctly, in Gran Turismo 4 they were anything between 55 and 75 laps, and the AI was no less competitive. Amusing.

20 highly intense laps with very little room for error.

There are longer races in GT5 but they are the Endurance events.

0 Kudos

/16

draggerlane

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
draggerlane
Accepted Solution

I don't know why everybody thinks this series of races were hard I got the car as soon as I came level 24 and I started the races without any challenge at all nothing hard about it at all

0 Kudos

/16

berniecon

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
berniecon
Accepted Solution

personally the only thing i found hard was adjusting from drifting for hours to suddenly driving a car with extremely sharp steering. once i got used to it after a couple of laps i won easy. there are others who are playing the gt series for the first time and there are others who are new to racing games. i know if i said to my brother race there for me hed struggle, he hasnt played a proper racing game in a few years so i wouldnt expect him to be as good as me for a while.

0 Kudos

/16

jojo1uk

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jojo1uk
Accepted Solution

i only got a problem with the laps in FGTC.  after 20 laps i get bored easy.  please PD there should be save point system on FGTC and in endurance races so i can play another time.  instead of sitting on it for hours and hours.  plz PD  add a new  save point on these races. 

0 Kudos

/16

Fluencist

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fluencist
Accepted Solution

I found this the most challenging of them all. The world classic car races were also quite challenging. Monaco on the FGT is a b**ch but do-able. I'm still not done yet, but I'm going to start the championship tonight - transmission ratios are by far the most important aspect of tuning your car in these races imo. If you're on level 30, I find that practising the S.Vettel challenge then going to FGT races make it all seem a bit easier. The challenges all makes for a good ,fun game!

0 Kudos

FPS? - Gimme a mouse anyday.
/16

broly98

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
broly98
Accepted Solution

tip for yas

Turn on the skid recovery force

I finished this event because i had that on. i didnt win each race by miles it was always close like 1second - 5seconds also i found it hilarious i duno if it was luck but the nurburgring track that S bend near the end of it every lap 2 to 5 cars spun out there im saying every lap it was insane lol.

But i enjoyed it i did not like the monaco circuit that was so hard to keep a position. but i hope that helps yah

0 Kudos

Bye bye Blackbird.My Twitter^_^

/16

SilentShadow777

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SilentShadow777
Accepted Solution
this is definately the hardest race in GT5 most other races you have the chance to mod your car the whole way up or use something alot more powerful than the other to give some kind of advantage, i think the only way to get any kind of advantage in this race is to make sure your ingine is freshly rebuilt and in perfect condition before entering, in b-spec it just takes time and a driver with good accuracy and cornering and you can leave him to it while you watch i player or tv or what ever whil just checkin on him ever 10 minutes or so

but the combined races are longer than some of the endurances and to win the championship you have to do then all at once
0 Kudos

Twitter @SilentShadow777
Destiny Profiles Hunter | Titan | Warlock
/16

Fluencist

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fluencist
Accepted Solution

Not tried with skid recovery on at all. I'm down to traction control at 2, and all others off and can win all wih reasonable ease except on Monaco. It's just a bit of a f***er to overtake anywhere - especially in b-spec races.

That Nurburgring GP is amusing. Guaranteed to have at least one or two cars spin out after that last chicane which makes the race quite a doddle! Still not done the championship but the weekend is ahead.. :Winner:

0 Kudos

FPS? - Gimme a mouse anyday.
/16

J_A_M_I_E_3055

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
J_A_M_I_E_3055
Accepted Solution

Pretty hard races, and i have been playing gran turismo for years (don't own a ps2 anymore) :Stupid:

takes around 3 hours to complete the championship in total. took me a couple of goes at it to beat it but i managed in the end, all first place. just keep practicing, try different tuning setups and driving lines.

or give up haha

0 Kudos

/16

stuntmanjack159

77%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stuntmanjack159
Accepted Solution
after not playing gt5 for ages im starting to play it again and monaco i finds the hardest, can do the others but twenty laps is long and my mind wanders after lap 15 then i make a mistake and have to claw back a few positions. but practice is the key to get the good lines through and i find max downforce helps as although you may lack on the straights but you can make lots up in the corners. And before you start do an oil change and engine overhaul and rigidity before you start.
0 Kudos

/16

cool_namestaken

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cool_namestaken
Accepted Solution