30 Jan 2012

Playstation Staff

How to make a fortune on Gran Turismo 5 quickly

[ Edited ]
17 Replies 38,740 Views edited 30-01-2012

I've been seeing this question a lot on the web. "How do I make fast money on GT5?" Well, if you're one of those people, you've come to the right place.

What will I need?

First of all, you have to be at least level 23 and you'll be needing about 3,700,000 credits.

Probably need to be a really good driver too.

How do I do it?

Firstly, go into Online Collector's Dealership, scroll towards the bottom and purchase a McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97.

Secondly, go to GT Auto and give it an oil change. 
Thirdly, go into tuning and fit a set of Racing Soft Tyres to it.

Next, go to you garage and find your F1 McLaren GTR, press triangle and go to settings. Go to engine, and go to the limiter settings. Drag the power level to 97.9%, which should be 620BHP. (If not, keep going until it clicks over to 650PP)

The car is now prepared. Go to Seasonal Events and go to Online A-Spec Challenge No.1 and choose Grand Valley Speedway and do the race. There should be room for two or three errors. Any more than that, you're probably better off restarting the race.

What do I get out of it?

400,000 credits

That's right. 400,000 credits if you win the race. 

The race usually takes between 8 minutes 30 seconds and 9 minutes, and you get about 50,000 credits per minute. If you sign in 5 days in a row and your bonus reaches it's 200% mark, each race is 800,000 credits. 100,000 credits per minute, how does that sound?

JACKPOT!!!

There you have it. Your ticket to getting rich quick. Yes, it does require effort, but in the end, it's well worth it. Legit and you get a fair amount of A-spec experience and a truckload of credits! Providing you have your 200% bonus, you can get 4,000,000 (4 million) credits per hour. I can do this race in 8 minutes 27 seconds. By about third lap I'm in first place and finish up about 20 seconds ahead. 

Enjoy! :smileyvery-happy:

Currently Playing: Gran Turismo 5 | Battlefield 3 | NFS: The Run
Soon to be Saints Row the Third!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (38,740 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: How to make a fortune on Gran Turismo 5 quickly

jackpot.jpg

Here's proof.

Currently Playing: Gran Turismo 5 | Battlefield 3 | NFS: The Run
Soon to be Saints Row the Third!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (38,732 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

My way to quick cash is a second playstation another copy of Gran Turismo 5 and make all your drivers are set to online.
Stick it in server mode and race all week. I got 1 mil now on each of my drivers adding the 200% to that I got 12 million waiting for me.
Real name request? Really!? Oh look its the saaaaame!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (38,695 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Isn't doing th b-spec seasonals better - 6 MILLION credits for 40 minutes work on Le Mans?

Jesus said to Peter "come forth and receive eternal life". He came fifth and won a toaster!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (38,690 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

FcUK_R wrote:

Isn't doing th b-spec seasonals better - 6 MILLION credits for 40 minutes work on Le Mans?

Won't be able to do those B-spec seasonals from 3AM PD have them down as being removed then. Think the OP got the date mixed up and jumped the gun buy 1 day. 

As in the US the date will be the 30th but it will be the 31st in UK.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. User of... VM cable, SKY+HD, Game Capture HD II. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43.
Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast... and TV from Sky PS4.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (38,669 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Surely doing the newer Aspec seasonal on the Madrid course is better for grinding cash? PP is the same (650) and takes just under 7 minutes to complete. Prize money is £427,000 for first place and with the 200% login bonus you get £854,000, thats £122,000 per minute! If you use one of the Japanese SuperGT cars and tune it up then its fairly easy to win (mind you, if you load the race up and find your up against that darned McLaren GTR Race car you might find easier to quit and restart).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (38,659 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Stiffler_78 wrote:

Surely doing the newer Aspec seasonal on the Madrid course is better for grinding cash? PP is the same (650) and takes just under 7 minutes to complete. Prize money is £427,000 for first place and with the 200% login bonus you get £854,000, thats £122,000 per minute! If you use one of the Japanese SuperGT cars and tune it up then its fairly easy to win (mind you, if you load the race up and find your up against that darned McLaren GTR Race car you might find easier to quit and restart).

I agree totally Stiffler, the only thing I would add is I used a tuned Zonda R, went against the Mac GTR Race Car, and spanked it six ways from Sunday, and have done repeatedly, so the Mclaren is not unbeatable, just got to use the right tool, a case of using a scapel instead of a chainsaw so to speak.

It's the usual thing of using the right car on the right track. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (38,650 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

why not enjoy the game and earn credits the hard way.:Help:

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (38,646 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

HAGIE- wrote:

why not enjoy the game and earn credits the hard way.:Help:

I can't speak for others but I have already done the hard bit. :Winner:

With the exception of a few endurances and cleaning up bronzes/silvers to Golds on challenges (I have Golds on every race I have done and every license) I have done the hard work. :Sleep:

I am grinding credits to raise the money in order to buy every car  I can. I am currently up to 1023 cars. so I only need to be a few Premiums and the Standards as and when they appear, that is why, I at least, am grinding credits.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (38,640 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Unfortunately for me it's not the credits I need but XP for A-Spec.
Real name request? Really!? Oh look its the saaaaame!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (38,587 Views)
0 Kudos