Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: I bought this car as DLC but can't use it! Please help.

Yes, I'm afraid so. If you now go into A-Spec Events, there you will find a handful of races available. If you want to get some progression quickly, you could try tuning your starting car up a bit and equip racing tyres. :smileytongue:

After a few hours racing you should start to have a good few cars (and some good ones too). In the dealerships, each car has a level number in the bottom-right corner of the screen. That is the level you need to be before you can drive them.

When you said you bought all the DLC, presumably that includes the Red Bull X2011? If so, then you won't be able to drive that until level 40. :smileysurprised: It will take a lot of time to reach that level (took me a year!)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19 (300 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Patience young man

If you are struggling with credits and need a "better" car to progress faster then send me a friend request and I will send you a fully tuned car from the Dealership.

On a side note, AAAAAAAARRGH, if you check back in here. I preordered my Gran Turismo from Play.com and with it came two Stealth cars. Now, I'm pretty sure they must be at least level ten cars, if not more, and I was able to drive them straight away. It seems a bit unfair, in the case of DLC, not to be able to drive them cars straight away, regardless of what level you are at...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

erm... we forgot to metion that you cannot gift/trade DLC cars

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19 (289 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

etheris280 wrote:

Thanks for the info AAAAAAAARRGH. So basically the game forces you to play and progress in order to get the best cars... That feels like hard work. The whole point of a simulation is to get away from real life and be able to experiment in different things that would not be readily available in the real world... now the simulation world is mirroring that hierarchical structural too? Too bad this wasn't on PC I would have gotten all cars by now. 

Simulation is to imitate real life. Arcade would be to jump straight into the most powerful cars.

Whole point of the simulation side is so you can learn and understand the skill of driving at each level, before progressing. 

Anyway, you'll find when you race online. Some of the best races are in the smaller untuned cars :smileyhappy:

Whaaaaat?Alphazone4@RenegadEuphoriXWatch Me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19 (284 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Heh

I have 750 cars and rising plus decent a and b spec levels

PlayStation 4 Thread Worth Reading check out

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1574671-playstation-4-a.html
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19 (272 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks for all the help guys! I got to level 15 today. This car is awesome! Here is a screenshot I took!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19 (262 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

BTW AAAAAAAARRGH, the Red Bull X2011 Prototype (basically the batmobile lookalike) came with my game somehow. I was at level 2 this morning and thought it would take a month to get to level 15 and so dissappointed. Then I basically did all the license tests to get experience and then started racing until I could get to that one race where it allows all kinds of exotic cars. I used the Red Bull and basically repeated that race over and over and in less than an hour I got to level 15. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19 (261 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Thats cool you're able to use it right away then. Like Andy said, its strange that you can use the bonus cars that come with the game right away but not the DLC if you're not a high enough rank. I can't understand PD's thinking behind that.

Level 40 will take some time though as the XP between each level increases massively from about 28 onwards. Don't worry about grinding though, just enjoy exploring all the cars and experimenting with tuning. Good to see you enojoying it. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19 (250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

AAAAAAAARRGH wrote:

Yes, I'm afraid so. If you now go into A-Spec Events, there you will find a handful of races available. If you want to get some progression quickly, you could try tuning your starting car up a bit and equip racing tyres. :smileytongue:

After a few hours racing you should start to have a good few cars (and some good ones too). In the dealerships, each car has a level number in the bottom-right corner of the screen. That is the level you need to be before you can drive them.

When you said you bought all the DLC, presumably that includes the Red Bull X2011? If so, then you won't be able to drive that until level 40. :smileysurprised: It will take a lot of time to reach that level (took me a year!)

Just to say. You don't need to be level 40 to drive the x2010 and x2011. I'm level 39 and can drive both these cars.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (238 Views)