By etheris280

etheris280

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

I bought this car as DLC but can't use it! Please help.

18 Replies 692 Views Created 25-02-2012

Hello, I'm new to the PS3 and GT5. I've always been a PC person but recently got interested into some racing games and simulations... unfortunately GT5 is not available on the PC, only on the PS3. So I went out and got a PS3 slim (does this mean the processor is less capable than the fat version?) and also a G27 logitech wheels and pedals and just bought the Jan 2012 release of GT5.

Then using the promotional code that came with the GT5 blu-ray disc, I was able to download the car pack DLC that included the newest lamborghini aventador lp700-4. Problem is how can I use it? I purchased the "test drive tracK'" for 3.99 but it says I don't have any cars to test it with. The game starts out giving me very little monies and I can't buy any good cars with that! I need to race to earn my way up, but the low end cars is like a catch-22.... its like being poor and dumb and trying to bootstrap yourself up into a millionaire. Ain't going to happen.

I feel slighted that I paid for the game, paid for a new PS3, paid for the DLC addon to the lamborghini aventador lp700-4 and for the test track, not to mention a G27 and accompanying playseat all to go with the PS3 platform because games like GT5 are exclusive to them and not on the PC....  and yet I still can't drive the car that I wanted .... and I have a test track that is empty.... 

Some games I found out allow "saved games"... which I was able to do for the Midnight Club LA game that I also bought for the PS3... so I was immediately able to drive any car I wish.

Alas, it seems for GT5 this is not an option. So I understand the game is purchasefully locked down... fine... but it does seem to have a "trade" option? Like a used car or secondary market where players can give away or trade cars?

Can someone give/trade me a "lamborghini aventador lp700-4" (which I already paid for in the DLC) so I can actually have a good fast car to drive around with which was the entire point of me getting all this in the first place? I can race arcade mode with the test track and other tracks but the cars that I want to drive with are not available in that mode.... 

Anything I'm missing? Can someone help?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

When you start up GT5 and are at the main menu. Look for the big red button at the botton right of the screen. Select that, and it should show you a list of all your dlc items. Then download them from there :)

0 Kudos

Re: I bought this car as DLC but can't use it! Please help.

/16

etheris280

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
etheris280
Accepted Solution

Yes, I already downloaded and installed the car. But how can I actually use it? In the test track that I also purchased and installed it won't let me choose this car. Basically I need to work my way up to get enough money to "buy" the car that I already paid for in DLC?

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

The Aventador appears to be a Level 15 car. You will need to rank up (A-Spec) to 15 before you can drive it.

Shouldn't take too long really. You start with 20,000 credits to purchase a second-hand car in the Used Car Dealership. There will be a few available at that price. Do a few basic races and you will start to acquire credits and XP to progress through the game. Also look out for the Seasonal Events which can be repeated as often as you like (except time trials and drifting events) which is a good way to level up even quicker.

There is a trading system of sorts on here. Look for the OPC swap shop thread on here, although you will need some kind of a car collection to be able to trade with others. :smileytongue:

Welcome to the OPC forums.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

etheris280

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
etheris280
Accepted Solution

What do you mean by some kind of car collection? I only have a really old default car right now that I purchased for around $10,000 in-game monies... who would trade a Aventador for that? So I already purchased the game, purchased the console and jumped on the PS3 platform bandwagon, purchased the milking DLC, and now I have to purchase a car that I already bought twice over? 

Will someone be able to trade a Aventador with me if I only have crappy car? My driving skills (even with the G27) are on par with the current car that I have. Am I SOL? What other options do I have? I really want to drive the Aventador on the new test track. 

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

You won't need to buy the cars you got from the DLC. They are available as gift tickets. You just need to rank up to the level required to drive them.

0 Kudos

/16

GT5_andy_m

70%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GT5_andy_m
Accepted Solution

Yes, welcome to the forum, and to the world of Gran Turismo. It sounds like you have a decent set-up there. I too use the G27, an excellent choice for the price.

AAAAAAAAARRGH pretty much explains your situation. What level are you exactly? I can send you any car from the Dealership, if you want... I'm always looking for something to spend my credits on as I don't need any more cars myself. So, have a look around the Dealership and choose any premium car you want for your current A-Spec level and I will send it to you. It has to be below Cr.1,000,000 though else I can't send it.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

You will be able to use the Aventador when you reach level 15. You won't have to buy it again in-game (unless you want to). At the top of the GT Life home screen you will see the letter 'A:' the number next to that is your current level. You start at 0 and work you way up by acquiring XP from completing races.

The DLC cars cannot be traded, to my knowledge. So even if somebody was prepared to give you one, they are barred from doing so. Not that it matters, as you would still need to be level 15 before you could drive it.

0 Kudos

/16

etheris280

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
etheris280
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the info AAAAAAAARRGH. So basically the game forces you to play and progress in order to get the best cars... That feels like hard work. The whole point of a simulation is to get away from real life and be able to experiment in different things that would not be readily available in the real world... now the simulation world is mirroring that hierarchical structural too? Too bad this wasn't on PC I would have gotten all cars by now. 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

Yes, I'm afraid so. If you now go into A-Spec Events, there you will find a handful of races available. If you want to get some progression quickly, you could try tuning your starting car up a bit and equip racing tyres. :smileytongue:

After a few hours racing you should start to have a good few cars (and some good ones too). In the dealerships, each car has a level number in the bottom-right corner of the screen. That is the level you need to be before you can drive them.

When you said you bought all the DLC, presumably that includes the Red Bull X2011? If so, then you won't be able to drive that until level 40. :smileysurprised: It will take a lot of time to reach that level (took me a year!)

0 Kudos

/16

GT5_andy_m

70%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GT5_andy_m
Accepted Solution

Patience young man

If you are struggling with credits and need a "better" car to progress faster then send me a friend request and I will send you a fully tuned car from the Dealership.

On a side note, AAAAAAAARRGH, if you check back in here. I preordered my Gran Turismo from Play.com and with it came two Stealth cars. Now, I'm pretty sure they must be at least level ten cars, if not more, and I was able to drive them straight away. It seems a bit unfair, in the case of DLC, not to be able to drive them cars straight away, regardless of what level you are at...

0 Kudos

/16

GT5_andy_m

70%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GT5_andy_m
Accepted Solution

erm... we forgot to metion that you cannot gift/trade DLC cars

0 Kudos

/16

gazberotten

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gazberotten
Accepted Solution

Heh

I have 750 cars and rising plus decent a and b spec levels

0 Kudos

PlayStation 4 Thread Worth Reading check out

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1574671-playstation-4-a.html
/16

etheris280

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
etheris280
Accepted Solution

BTW AAAAAAAARRGH, the Red Bull X2011 Prototype (basically the batmobile lookalike) came with my game somehow. I was at level 2 this morning and thought it would take a month to get to level 15 and so dissappointed. Then I basically did all the license tests to get experience and then started racing until I could get to that one race where it allows all kinds of exotic cars. I used the Red Bull and basically repeated that race over and over and in less than an hour I got to level 15. 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

Thats cool you're able to use it right away then. Like Andy said, its strange that you can use the bonus cars that come with the game right away but not the DLC if you're not a high enough rank. I can't understand PD's thinking behind that.

Level 40 will take some time though as the XP between each level increases massively from about 28 onwards. Don't worry about grinding though, just enjoy exploring all the cars and experimenting with tuning. Good to see you enojoying it. :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

/16

matthawes

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
matthawes
Accepted Solution

AAAAAAAARRGH wrote:

Yes, I'm afraid so. If you now go into A-Spec Events, there you will find a handful of races available. If you want to get some progression quickly, you could try tuning your starting car up a bit and equip racing tyres. :smileytongue:

After a few hours racing you should start to have a good few cars (and some good ones too). In the dealerships, each car has a level number in the bottom-right corner of the screen. That is the level you need to be before you can drive them.

When you said you bought all the DLC, presumably that includes the Red Bull X2011? If so, then you won't be able to drive that until level 40. :smileysurprised: It will take a lot of time to reach that level (took me a year!)

Just to say. You don't need to be level 40 to drive the x2010 and x2011. I'm level 39 and can drive both these cars.

MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

etheris280 wrote:

Thanks for the info AAAAAAAARRGH. So basically the game forces you to play and progress in order to get the best cars... That feels like hard work. The whole point of a simulation is to get away from real life and be able to experiment in different things that would not be readily available in the real world... now the simulation world is mirroring that hierarchical structural too? Too bad this wasn't on PC I would have gotten all cars by now. 

Simulation is to imitate real life. Arcade would be to jump straight into the most powerful cars.

Whole point of the simulation side is so you can learn and understand the skill of driving at each level, before progressing. 

Anyway, you'll find when you race online. Some of the best races are in the smaller untuned cars :)

0 Kudos

/16

etheris280

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
etheris280
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the assistance and offer to help with the trade/cars issue GT5_andy_m.I'm only at level 2 or 3. I just started yesterday and did all the b license driving tests but after that it won't let me proceed to any more tests saying that I need more levels.

0 Kudos

/16

etheris280

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
etheris280
Accepted Solution

Thanks for all the help guys! I got to level 15 today. This car is awesome! Here is a screenshot I took!

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel