27 Nov 2010
By iHanso
Playstation Staff

Importing garage & credits from GT5 Prologue into GT5

17 Replies 4,379 Views Created 27-11-2010

As per the Post subject line, how do I do this? And do the licences gained in GT5 Prologue carry over into GT5?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (4,379 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Importing garage & credits from GT5 Prologue into GT5

I don't think they do.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (4,374 Views)

Playstation Staff

You should be able to. If not into GT mode atleast in to Arcade mode. It was meant to happen anyway...

"Head Start on Gran Turismo 5 -- Get a jump on the competition. You can transfer your Gran Turismo 5 Prologue progress to Gran Turismo 5 when it releases."

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5p/

It shouldn't be that hard to patch...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (4,345 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Really BS if they do not correct this, as it was supposed to be a function when we purchased the GT5-P version!

Attack Life, It's Going to Kill'ya Anyway!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (4,329 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I too want this function. Been looking but couldnt find how to do it..... I busted my balls in GT5_P for credits and cars... I want them in the full version please : )

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (4,167 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Funny.. I played GT5P for the satisfaction of playing it, not to unlock things in GT5..

But, although I'm a little suprised there is no transfer feature, lets put it in perspective... what would likely transfer?

1. Money - meh, no biggie... and tbh, doesn't starting the game with enough coin to buy a Lancer Evo and upgrade it, and piddle over the early events just suck the fun out of the game?

2. Car transfer - see above... might be ok for Arcade Mode, but I've never really been into Arcade Mode, and I'm not that interested in transferring PSP cars as it is.

3. License tests - skip the National B license?... nah... I'd rather have the satisfaction of knocking it off myself..

Ultimately the grand satisfaction I obtained from GT5P was being able to buy the 'F1' car... a feat made possible only by placing in all the race events, including the most difficult - S-7 and S-10.

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (4,143 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have gt5 and gt5 prologue... Is there a way of transferrinmg all my cars and my credits to gt5??? I will be stunned if theres no way of doing  this... Please tell me how to do this???????? I would be very grateful for all the feedbcak regarding  this.......

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (4,101 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I only purchased Prologue to be able to transfer my progress into GT5.  Amazing that this just was forgotten.  What a hoax.  I'm kinda wishing I never purchased GT5.  O well they have my money now.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (4,016 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

yep but there must be away??? I bought prologue too thinking the same thing... I understand it works with psp but what about prologue??????

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (4,009 Views)

Playstation Staff

Anyone have any more info on this?

Would like to know definitely either way before I install the full game......

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (3,014 Views)