03 Aug 2009
Playstation Staff

Logitech Driving Force GT (DFGT) - Settings help

9 Replies 2,833 Views Created 03-08-2009

Hi Guys,

I've just recently picked up a DFGT for use with GT5 Prologue and hopefully to use with GT5 (the full game) when it eventually does release.

I have checked and searched google, all forums, and cannot find anywhere that really helps me with my settings for my DFGT.

I know you can alter the driving settings using the red **bleep** in game, however I was wondering if there are any other settings I need to consider changing to help me drive better?

I have read some people are reducing feedback, taking off driving aids such as active steering and ABS.

Can someone recommend any settings for me that will help me become a better driver.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

SolidSebi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (2,833 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT (DFGT) - Settings help

[ Edited ]

This isn't specific to your wheel, but if you want to set a really quick time you need all the aids turned off, with maybe the traction control and ABS at 1. I couldn't recommend feedback settings as I use a DS3.

If you're stuggling, try turning them off gradually as you get more confident.

Then check the tuning marketplace up the top of the forum to find the best set-ups for your car.

Hope that helps.

Message Edited by Sassy-x on 03-08-2009 03:56 PM
Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (2,831 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sassy's comments are definitely the best way to go, have the driving aids turned on to start with, probably best to start with all the aids on some sort of medium setting and then as you get more experienced and confident, turn them down or turn them off altogether. As for physics and the force feed back, as I have this wheel I think I can be of help. I would start using pro physics straight off the bat, because if you start on standard and then go to professional you have to unlearn most of your driving techniques. As for FFB, start on about 4 then as you get the hang of it, turn it up gradually, this will give you more 'feel' through the wheel

But the best way to become a better driver is lots of practice, don't bite off more than you can chew and most importantly, smoother is faster!

Hope some of my points will be helpful 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (2,822 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

SolidSebi wrote:
I have read some people are reducing feedback, taking off driving aids such as active steering and ABS.

So long as you found the Quick Tune settings menu through your wheel, then it is a matter of finding something that is appropriate.

If you are not used to driving in a simulation like GT, then do what Sassy-x said and gradually lower the driver's aids to the minimum you can handle with powerful cars. In many cases, with Prologue's many mid to low powered cars, no aids are necessary at all (except maybe ABS of 1)! So maybe start with none and see if you have any trouble, but give yourself a chance to adapt. It may be a bit tricky for the first few laps.

Also, use the Expert skill level only, until you understand what goes one better. The Beginner or Intermediate levels will mask problems and slow down your learning process a lot.

SolidSebi wrote:
Can someone recommend any settings for me that will help me become a better driver.

Nothing will improve your driving than competing against other humans, so join in on some Prologue competitions. The reason for this is to get lots of quality seat time, to peak your interest to improve and to stay in contact with more experienced drivers, to learn more quickly. A wheel on its own won't make you a better driver- you will make yourself a better driver.
Message Edited by MastrGT on 03-08-2009 11:31 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (2,819 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the tips guys... appreciate it.

I read somewhere that active steering should be changed to Simulation? or something of that sort...

Is that something I should change also at some point?

SolidSebi
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (2,818 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Active Steering hasn't been explained to me very well yet. As far as I know, it is more useful for controller users.
Message Edited by MastrGT on 03-08-2009 11:32 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (2,814 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm finishing work in about 10mins.

Will be able to go home and setup my DFGT with my wheel stand pro that just got delivered today.

I guess i just need to tweak the settings as I get more and more practice.

I did try out the wheel on the weekend. Was very impressed with it, and managed to control it well, however it wasn't comfortable because I didn't have my stand.

Now that I have the stand, it should make the whole experience better.

Thank again for the tips guys. I'll let you know if I have some more annoying questions, im sure... lol

SolidSebi
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (2,810 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

MastrGT wrote:
Active Steering hasn't been explained to me very well yet. As far as I know, it is more useful for controller users.
Message Edited by MastrGT on 03-08-2009 11:32 AM

Imagine it as kind of like the difference between a regular car and a car with power steering.
Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (2,783 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Howdy mate as the guys said check out the tuing market place, also click on the link below and read Aeros post(number 103).

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=65&thread.id=37648&view=by_...

Message Edited by RAYBRIG15 on 03-08-2009 10:33 PM
Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (2,779 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks again guys for the tips.

I setup my stand and wheel last night. The only setting I changed was steering aid to simulation from Amateur.

Everything else I left as it was and I have an awesome time.

I'm going to continually tweak my settings as I play more. But this has opened up a completley new love for this game.

I am not really a CAR kind of guy. As in I will admire cars and say what looks good etc... I'll even watch top gear, but I won't go crazy into the specifications or details of cars. However, after now completing this game and picking up this wheel... I think i might have to become a car fanatic.

Fantastic game. Fantastic steering wheel... i just want to practice more and more now...

SolidSebi
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (2,762 Views)
0 Kudos