06 Dec 2010
By JKay-F1
Playstation Staff

Matchmaking & Damage Patch?

13 Replies 536 Views Created 06-12-2010

Come on Polyphony! I want some proper structured online races with credits as a prize! Anyone know how long this patch is going to be?

Desperately need mechanical damage! I can drive like a total ***** with no ramifications!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (536 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Matchmaking & Damage Patch?

It will be released when they are finished with it. We supposedly waited 6 years for the game now all you do is want this, want that. Just play the game for crying out loud. The patches will come when they do them.

You cant tell me that the game is unplayable.

Hentis

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (529 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

6 years we've been waiting and they lauch the title missing key features that every other racing game has!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (515 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Hentis wrote:

It will be released when they are finished with it. We supposedly waited 6 years for the game now all you do is want this, want that. Just play the game for crying out loud. The patches will come when they do them.

You cant tell me that the game is unplayable.

Hentis

I can confirm that the game is playable, and very enjoyable :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (481 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

will you freaking fanboys SHUT THE FUNK UP?
PLEASE?

YES! THE GAME IS COOL, its fun, it drives like a mutha! It has some fine points and is fun to drive.
BUT IT IS NOT A FREAKIN FINISHED GAME! So just SHUT THE HELL UP!.

Yes its fun to drive, the realism is insane. BUT the actual RACING is CRAP because the AI are DRONES on a LINE, there is NO DAMAGE, NO RESPONSIBILITY when you slam into someone or into a wall... which makes it NOT FUN in the end, NOT REALLY PLAYABLE... because then youre just driving... and yes again we alllll know the DRIVING IS GREAT... it IS the BEST SIM when it comes to driving... but as a game it sucks.

THE MENUS ARE SHIIIT! The load times are insane... the jazz music puts you to sleep, the amount of buttons you must use to go back and forth is insane. The fact you must RELOAD bits of a menu just going from ONE SCREEN TO ANOTHER and MUST WAIT MINUTES (i was just on that menu page, really, must i wait 20 seconds to reload what was JUST IN MEMORY!?!?) sometimes is bulllllshiiiit.

ALLL the other bugs or errors in the game, like people losing cars in their garage when sharing them, or the RETARDED fact that you can CREATE TRACKS and SHARE WITH MATES BUT YOU CANNOT RACE THEM ONLINE AGAINST EACH OTHER... what the ***** IS THAT?! :smileysad:

We dont give a ***** if it took 1 year to model a car, you dont PROMISE 1000 cars, with damage, and then release what they did.
NOW, I am fine that they released this 1/2 finished game which is still kinda fun to drive because of the great sim engine (altho im getting bored now because the AI suck, theres not point to actually racing, ONLINE is FUN but is so horrible it takes sooo long to find a room or navigate the menus that Im bored now..) just to get sales for SONY for XMAS, thats FINE, AS LONG AS THEY FREAKIN PATCH IT IN THE NEXT MONTH and fix allll the crap, THE AI, THE SLOW ARCHAIC MENU SYSTEM, THE HORRIBLE ONLINE MENUS and then the freakin 800 cars...

So just please SHUT UP , you keep saying youre sick of people complaining about this game, were sick of your fanboy bullsheet about this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (468 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think i'll stick my 2 pence worth in here:

Damage - I've put many hours into this game and personally I don't want to be able to damage my car as often as other people do.  I've been nailing my Furai Concept '08 for a while and I had to eventually overhaul the engine, it cost 450,000 credits to do that!  so i'd rather it not be damaged quickly, it also cost MANY thousands of credits to knock the body back into shape and it didn't even appear to be badly damaged at all.  I'd rather spend my credits on new cars and upgrades rather than repairs (and I think im generally quite a good driver who doesn't smash his car into every corner).

Load times - not great, but not bad at all compared to some games.  I'm not complaining about this at all.

Menu system - I can't fault it, the garage system is designed well enough imo that it filters only cars u can use for all events and has a good manual filtering system too.  It is definitely designed with the fact that you are going to be storing LOTS of cars there so you can filter with ease to find specific cars you are looking for.  I have well over a hundred cars now and I appreciate the system in place.  The menus can be a little daunting at first but I know my way around them like the back of my hand now and am very happy with the layout.

Online - yes I agree we need a ranking system and prizes (ie credits or cars) but it runs damn smooth for what is there so far (albeit basic racing) and they can only build on that.  I still enjoy multiplayer races but still have plenty of A-spec & B-spec to keep me satisfied until they update the multiplayer.

AI - gets tougher later on, especially in expert and extreme classes, maybe not the best AI ever but I don't really mind.  Ulltimately for me, once I have done all the single player I will be racing real people anyway, which is always going to be more fun regardless of how good or bad the games AI is.

Jazz - err yeah, not a fan of the jazz lol.

Rathboneski
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (448 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

ya agreed i still find it fun in places but i just put gt4 on (if like me sony have forgotten i own a nice  original chunky ps3 with emulation still onboard) and my goodness gt4 holds up amazingly well!!

its fun,the menus are fast and graphics [in all practicality] are the same except for lower resolutions on textures but stil 60hz and cars still naturally look good maybe better since since its  native to this game not tweaked and blocky in places like gt5 (and US version did 1080i even in 2004!)

If anything gt5 serves to remind you how great the ps2 was and how amazingly stupid(or purposefully ) to remove the emulation option from the newer ps3s?

{Are sony worried that the  ps2 market still can offer great gaming and in gt's  case possibly better value? gt3/4 still looks and handles and is a  full complete game no patches no nonsense just works great and  feels like polphony standard quality -therefore confusing owners of buying £40+ titles ?maybe thats why we all dont have ps2 backwards compat anymore...}

back to topic.. they better hurry up and patch this, if anything sony and polyphony are damaging their reputations alot with these shenanigans! shenanigans you say?.. yes like the way i won the tough topgear vw camper track in beginner via bouncing round the track and bouncing the other cars to get to first place. bouncy bouncy bouncy...followed by the next race menu screen hanging to the point that i had to reboot ps3  yesterday (even after the patch fix).not on SONY/poly not ON...This is not acceptable in 2010 ,ps2 didnt do that in 2005?! gt4 stays in the ps3 for now....

yeah reallllly real driving simulator that is!, good day

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (433 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Calm down, Mr Anti-Fanboy. Everyone is just as entitled to express their opinion as you, and you're not doing yourself any favours by sounding like a complete arse.

Damage: Some want it, some don't. The solution? Do what every other sim does, and put a SETTING for it in the options menu! Doesn't take a genius, does it?

Load Times: If you want the all the pwetty gwafiks to be removed, load times can be improved. No? Put up with it then, or upgrade your PS3s hard drive.

Menu System: It is rather cumbersome, to be fair. Could use some streamlining and less button presses to get from one place to another.

Online: Haven't tried it yet, because I've heard horror stories of profiles being corrupted.

AI: Abysmal. There's no other word for it. The AI in this game is shockingly bad, and should not have made it into the so-called 'real driving simulator'.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (413 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Of course having a SETTING FOR EVERYTHING will make people happy, but did they do that? NO, and damage supposedly in there once you get to lvl 20, is THAT DOCUMENTED? NO... fools..PD are fools. Is there a choice to turn it on for ONLINE games? no... THIS GAME IS NOT FINISHED :smileysad:

Load times, Im talking about the gawdamn menus and going back and forth between them, ... not freakin the game graphics... jeez.
While were on that though, how about a professional load screen with maybe SOME SORT OF GRAPHIC OR ANIMATION? Not a blank screen, with a little load progress bar at bottom and boring jazz to put you to sleep while you wait to load... jeez. Is this Atari 1990?!

And I am Calm... Im just venting a little, and of course you can feel free to read it anyway you like, as its text, and you dont see me how I really am,  here chilling in a beach chair in the sun with my feet up laughing away....

I just dont like waiting and paying for a 1/2 completed piece of software that is suppose to be done by professionals, and am sick of all these fanboys trying to convince people that this is the greatest thing, and we should be happy...

Maybe if everyone made a stink, this game wouldnt be like this to begin with, or maybe it will be fixed soon.

Maybe EA and others would fix their games too...

Maybe the world would be a better place if people stopped letting SHIIIT slide and accepting 75% instead of 100 or 110%!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (405 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

yes fanboys do ruin things for others who appreciate working hard to save money to buy something like a £$40+ game

if we all believed what they[fanmonkeys] say nothing would get fixed everything would be rosy and no one would complain abou handling or menus or graphics -polyphony staff would go home on time not thinking they needed to continue working weekends to fix the assets that they never done in time for the rushed release dates given to them by the parent company(sony ,which lets face it they might as well be since they pull all the strings one way or another) dont mistake Voxel for attacking fanboys for the fun of it after all they are a waste of time on forums..
I for one love it when people who own the product and know what they are talking about at the same time as venting frustration give out a little bit of that anger to those muppets.. why not i say :smileyhappy:
he has had some valid points that poly should listen too mind you.. hopefully... they'll listen , because at the end of the day everyone is still booting up this game every night .so it would be nice of them to sweeten their userbase for next time.. otherwise no one on brand/or company name alone will just go out and buy on first day,,,
so its not like we dont wanna love the game its just years of patches and false hopes(since net enbled consoles were born) and dodgy fanboy web reviews are what cause all this backlash..i know i paid for a game that wasnt finished end of story .but i only knew this by buying it .. i believed the hype,cant take it back now and wait till it gets fixed... i want speedy updates like the rest of you but im not gonna be sweet and lovely about it either..i may just vent ala Voxel soon enough if this continues...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (357 Views)
0 Kudos