12 Rank
Progress

New dedicated Gran Turismo Sport website

[ Edited ]
23 Replies 947 Views edited 19-06-2017
19 Jun 2017
By Tassie_tiger

GT%20Sport%20website_zpsnk1dpcbx

Hiding in the shadows of all the latest E3 news, a new website has emerged.

Playstation's website is dedicated to GT Sport and offers many details of the upcoming game.

The interactive site is broken into 4 main sections.

"Garage", "Pit Lane", "Starting Grid", and "Cockpit".

As it stands only the "Garage" section is currently available, with the other 3 sections still being locked.

The "Garage" centres around an image of the Bugatti VGT, which will be drivable for the first time in GT Sport.

As you switch to alternate views around the car, it enables you to initiate different areas of the Garage.

The current selections are "Features", "Tracks", "Evolution", and "Vehicles".

Initiate%20features_zpsr41duzad

These areas offer details such as individual car stats., individual track data, and also information on features such as Driver profiles, FIA championships, Match making, etc., plus the new "Join The Human Race" trailer.

McLaren%20650S_zpsmmlu0rqc

Garage%20features_zpssd1ylzvf

The upcoming availability of the remaining 3 locked sections is unknown.

It is assumed these sections will gradually come online as the release of the game, later this year, draws closer.

You can checkout the website in the link below.

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/gran-turismo-sport-ps4/

LABELS: Community
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Oran_Gina

• MVP
98%
15 Rank
Progress
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

/adds  another bookmark

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Oran_Gina
Accepted Solution

Same.  

My only hope is that it is updated regularly.

One of my bugbears for this game is the lack of official communication/information.

It wouldn't take much.

Add a couple of cars now and then, or a new track.

(And considering how many cars and tracks the eagle-eyed of us know about, there's already plenty to catch up on.   )

Who knows, hopefully we can end up with an official car and track roster from this site.

If the planned Fall (or Spring for some of us) release comes through, there aren't too many weeks left.

So here's hoping that this site's updates tick along accordingly.  

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

89%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Not 100% sure but I believe that Beta Testing is going on up to early August.

I've had the privilege to try out this Beta from a friends console and he showed me the email containing the Code...   had a validity Code that could have been redeemed in the early days of August.   So, can only assume that the Beta Testing is open till that date. 

PD have referred to it as  "The Fall" (in the States) that is better known as Autumn in Europe.  So, really not much longer to wait for the full game release.

The biggest question is...   Do I get it - up till now, I'm not too overjoyed with it...  It does have some good features, but the biggest feature for a driver is feel of the wheel..  and this is where the game is letting me down, the feel of the wheel that I was using (which is exactly the same model wheel that I use at my own place) is not the greatest sensation.

Some cars are like driving a Hovercraft, and others have some feel.

Also with the release of DiRT 4  which is a hell of a lot of fun..  and the newly purchased Season Pass for Assetto..   Do I need another driving Game??

Will have to keep an eye on that Web site and see if it can persuade me somehow into buying this game.

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Yes, I recall from an interview (or two) from E3 that PD are still looking at a couple of updates for the current Beta.

I'm a little foggy, but also a mention of a kind of 2nd Beta? (or was that just an extension?), but no Open Beta as the server cost is too extreme.

I'm still waiting for an invite for the Beta (hint, hint guys   ) so I have no impression myself apart from what I've seen on the net.

But the end of this year is certainly a great time for racers.  

There's plenty of competition for GT Sport in the pipelines.

I like how Kaz seems happy with the development process so far with Sport, and how he is satisfied that he has been given the extra time to polish the game to the standard he's happy with before release.

So it all sounds promising in that respect.

I'm still a believer that the online portion of GT Sport will be its greatest asset.

And something I'm definitely looking forward to.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

89%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

I liked GT5   that really opened up Driving Games for me.

Then GT6 put that belief in PD back in the Creek as technically - I should have never been put into the position of buying a newer Console to play their game when that same Console has played everything that I've chucked at it.

So,  I'm 50/50 with this Company.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MightyYogi

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
MightyYogi
Accepted Solution

Well that's done it, GT per-ordered

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
MightyYogi
Accepted Solution

Beat you to that one many months ago.  

Ye of little faith.  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

89%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
MightyYogi
Accepted Solution

Who are you dealing with and is it a good price..

I shopped around for my copy of DiRT 4 and found an unbelievable price from ShopTo..  Their delivery was outstanding as well,  only a day behind the official Day 1 but it had to come across the water, so remarkable really.

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

MastrGT

• MVP
95%
08 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

One of the things that past versions of GT do is lead drivers to overturn the steering wheel. Some beta players say that the beta still does that. I haven't gotten access yet, so I can't tell.

Would that be part of what you are feeling, Ava?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

On a side note, I note that you have mentioned earlier regarding not receiving an invite.

It must be said, for all your involvement in the game over all these years, the failure of PD/SONY to grant you Beta access is difficult to understand.

I know it's a lottery, and I already know your response as "it is what it is", but still.

It's unfortunate, to say the least.

At the end of the day it shows how fortunate those who have received an invite have been. 

Still, time moves on, and hopefully the game will be upon us before the end of the year.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

89%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Thinking about it...   It may be that I'm too used to using a wheel for the likes of Assetto Corsa and the latest Rally games, that have tremendous power on the wheel - you certainly know you are turning the wheel as you are fighting the wheel to turn the wheels of the car.

I'm using a Thrustmaster T300   it's smooth and free flowing to turn the wheel when no game is connected to it (off mode).

It may have something to do with their partnership with the GT Sport wheel..  the game is built for that new wheel.

It may also be the new technology and the feel is right.

I've not driven Race Cars on a live Track...  all I have ever driven is a Kart and road production cars like most of the population.    A Kart on a track is hard work, you are fighting the wheel at all times.  A road car is firm with a stable sensation.   

Always going to be hard to transfer how an actual car wheel works with a Gaming wheel as their is no real input from the tyres.  It's all computer code.

What I am basically doing is comparing Wheel usage between two games - one is using old tech where you are feeling the wheel at all times - when you are turning the wheel, you know you are turning it as you are moving against the belts... and the new GT where the steering input is a lot lighter to turn the wheel, you don't have that same degree of turning pressure when turning the wheel.

The resistance to turn the wheel with street production cars is like the wheel is in an off mode, there is no real difference, no feel that you are turning against the belts.  The race cars in the game have a little bit more of a feel, you can feel that you are moving against the belts. (and the Sensitivity and Forced Feedback is maxed out).

Hopefully that explains it a little better.

Saddened to hear that you have no Code,  just feels so wrong with all the efforts that you have made in the past.  Same goes to @Tassie_tiger   gutted for the both of you.

Ava

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

No question it's disappointing.

But I'm sure we'll live to tell the tale.  

The main thing to me is that Kaz seems happy with the game.

And sooner or later I'll get to test the game for myself.

Until then, I'll just keep a keen eye on proceedings.

I feel I know enough about the game to be positive.

And cross fingers what I picture in my mind is the game we ultimately receive.  

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

MastrGT

• MVP
95%
08 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Keep in mind that the feel in a sim wheel is not supposed to feel like driving a real car, race car or not. Force feedback, a haptic technology, is designed to give the player information about what the car is doing. So long as it is giving you the knowledge that you need to drive well, it is doing its job. So long as the sim can deliver the right info about what the car is doing or not doing through the wheel rim (loss of grip and on which end of the car, curb feel, bumps, etc.), it is doing its job. Console sims, until now, have done an incomplete version of this job, but at least now we can start adjusting some aspects of FFb. When I tried the Sport demo last November, I wasn't all that impressed, so I hope it has improved since.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

89%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

There would be many thousands reporting back to PD and the first update did make the feeling a little better.

I've not been to the guys apartment for over a week now, so can only keep fingers crossed that PD create more updates.

I don't drive so much these days.. back in GT5 days I'd be on it every night perfecting my NASCAR tune - getting the tyres to last into a good stint along with the speed.  For a short time, we had a team of drivers - S2N

Then when GT6 came along, I changed to try my hand and some circuit racing and came over to these Forums for the Community Challenges.  Nice bunch of people and was always FUN.

I've not really driven much since late 2014 / early 2015 - when I fell pregnant, then the birth of my daughter.  She's 2 now and only now am I getting back into racing - trouble is, I've been so long out of the games that I've no real passion that I had before and hardly touch any games at all now.

Was hoping that GT Sport would relight my passion but as of now - it's still not happening.  Recently purchased DiRT 4 - had it a week and hardly touched it.    So, it's not looking likely that GT Sport will get that motivation back either.

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

MastrGT

• MVP
95%
08 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
S2N-Ava
Accepted Solution

Too bad we are in such different times zones, Ava. Last night, we ran our 24 Laps of Le Mans event in pCARS and the room was nearly full. Normally, I use Assetto Corsa, though, because I am not in the beta program yet. So if you are up late at night or have a weekend free, we will try to boost your enthusiasm.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

MastrGT

• MVP
95%
08 Rank
Progress
MastrGT
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

I finally got my beta code, on Monday, and can now test it. Sport also leads me to want to overturn the steering wheel.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

S2N-Ava

89%
09 Rank
Progress
S2N-Ava
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

That's cool news, you can get your teeth into the few tracks and cars now....  hope the Daily Gift cars are the cream of the crop to make up for the waiting.  As for the Steering physics of the wheel.... now you can feel for yourself!!

Ava

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
MastrGT
Accepted Solution

Good news, and about time too.

It's only taken 3 months.  

I was starting to think they had forgotten you.

Now you will be able to provide PD with input from first hand experience.

Enjoy.  

Runs off quickly to check his inbox.

Nope.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

RenegadeXtreme

• MVP
95%
10 Rank
Progress
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Great find with the new website. Late night's with E3. Watching all of the Le Mans 24 hour race. And up until 4am this morning. I've had very limited sleep. So news I usually spot, has easily slipped past me.

Wish I could talk about the beta. But I can't. Grrrrr! Rather annoying that our NDA is a quite a bit more strict than other regions.

Twitter: RenegadEuphoriX /// Twitch: RENegadeXtreme /// PIN No: Ha!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
RenegadeXtreme
Accepted Solution

Yes, the seemingly pointless (at least to me) NDA has been a disservice to this forum.

But let's not go there.  

The new website has not been officially announced anywhere from what I can tell.

Which on its own is puzzling, as it's no longer a secret from those of us that follow the game, nor does it make sense to create a new website and not announce it.

The internet is always going to catch you out, so why not get on the front foot? 

Sometimes my mind does boggle.  

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel