19 Jul 2012
By: WHITE_MR_COOL Member 9 Posts
Level 1

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II (GT Academy) '94

9 Replies 880 Views Created 19-07-2012

Hi all, I got gold in all rounds of gt academy, received my first 2 cars fine for the last two weeks. This Wednesday I log in and nothing. Have checked with a few of my friends and they have received the car no problems.

If anyone can help me out with this it would be much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (880 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II (GT Academy) '94

There probably Is nothing that you can do to recover from this issue, based on what we have seen, so far.

Unless PD builds some sort of double-check routine, to run after all of the cars have been gifted, you may never see the car in your garage, except by sharing.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (850 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

thanks for the answer, not really what i wanted to hear after spending hours getting gold on all events for nothing??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (813 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

To ensure that you don't lose any more gift cars, back-up your progress file after receiving each and every car, before you play again.

It's up to you (and each of us) to do this. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (790 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

thanks, am hoping that I actually receive all the other cars to back up as I always back up my save data to memory stick.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (788 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

@MastrGT

I might be going nuts but didn't one of the week three tests get reset? I remember your sage advice about posting another time 'just in case' something went awry at a later date. I'm probably wrong and it was a different week. :smileyvery-happy:

anyway

Sorry to hear of your problem _COOL and hope, like you; that you get your remaining cars without issue. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (773 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Pedantic, I remember something similar, including MastrGT's advice.

In fact I seem to remember a few weeks had problems and needed new times (I'm sure the Le Mans @ night in the R35 GTR Black was one as well as I had a blinding time in that one).

I must admit, I actually took a couple of hours and redid EVERY event a couple of days before the Academy closed just to be safe.

Also wish to add my sympathies to MR_COOL and hope you have no further probs in the future.

I'm lucky so far (touch wood, cross fingers, etc.) but I am also following MastrGT's advice of backing up after each new car.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (769 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

As I recall, it was week 5 or 6 and week 8 that were reset.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (766 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Here's hoping that PD devises some way of double-checking to make sure all players have all of the gift cars that they should.

If you don't receive another car, please let us know.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (765 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

MastrGT wrote:

Here's hoping that PD devises some way of double-checking to make sure all players have all of the gift cars that they should.

Personally I'd have preferred it if they'd devised a new way of distributing them. Is it that hard to send a redeem code so that the cars can be downloaded from the Store - like the FR-S for example? Okay, everyone gets that one but not a lot of code is required for a simple checksum to see who's entitled to download whatever and who isn't. It's really unfair that some folk are losing, or not receiving, a car that they've earned with no mechanism in place to remedy that sad fact.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (755 Views)
0 Kudos