08 Jan 2011
Playstation Staff

Peugeot 908 FAP HDI or Mazda 787B?

16 Replies 1,903 Views Created 08-01-2011

i'm level 22, and the new seasonal races have brought me in some cash (1million cr for a race i could do in my sleep?) anyway which is better? still haven't done like the wind or allstars and i want to buy one of these cars for that so bare that in mind.

Peugeot 908 FAP HDI or Mazda 787B

Credit to: mattsimmo for sig
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17 (1,903 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Peugeot 908 FAP HDI or Mazda 787B?

I have both and can honestly say they are both very nice cars. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17 (1,898 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

When I was at this stage I went with the 908 but ... sorta regret it, would recommend the 787b its just a classic

Edit- pretty sure you're gonna need a turbo for it to win the ovals though

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17 (1,877 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

so some slight tuning is needed, thats fine as long as it doesn't ruin the beautiful mazda 787b sound

EDIT: do you think that these cars will be better than the RM'ed ZR-1 as i really don't want to buy a chevy

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17 (1,870 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

tbf the 908 would probably need a turbo as well, cant remember if I installed it when I was doing it, its basically because cars like the r92cp, minolta, r89c and sauber c9 have around or above 800hp

you can obviously take the turbo off once you're done with that to keep the car pure :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17 (1,864 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

ok thanks very much mate :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17 (1,854 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I went with the Peugeot, and frankly there is no race I cannot win with it, racing stock and no aids, I have no idea if the Mazda is any better, but honestly, it really does not matter, even if it is only on a par with the Peugeot, you cannot go wrong.

Using the 908 I won like the wind, all-stars, and dreamcar championship with ease, in the dreamcar championship I lapped everything twice on a couple of circuits. Also there is no need to buy any turbo upgrades, just adjust the gear box to increase your top speed, and on courses like the nordschleife you can even max your down force and still have more than enough speed to slay the rest of the field.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17 (1,793 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have both, choosing between them is a tough call. I have the 787 Stealth Model which I find handles marginally better in the corners but is easier to spin in not careful. 787 I think has more torque in the low rev band and easily the best sounding engine in the game.

The 908 can top out a a higher speed and i find is slightly more forgiving in the corners if set up right, can be a bit slower of the mark, but soon makes up for it in the higher revs. 

Hard choice, but I think I would go for 908, purely for it being a good all rounder and also can be used in European Championship to grind for credits

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17 (1,745 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

787 also has a better cockpit view
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17 (1,741 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

im leaning towards the mazda 787b but still not fully convinced, how much can they both be tuned?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17 (1,713 Views)
0 Kudos