86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Problems on Forum after Maintanece

19 Replies 712 Views Created 11-03-2011

Anyone else having problems with the layout of the forum pages. After the servers were down for maintanence the other day, I cannot get the usual layout of the forum pages, just endless scrolls of options and text. Tried reloading and refreshing countless times, still comes up the same, like the pages have not loaded right. Any ideas????

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

GraphiteGB wrote:
Gran turismo forums layout has died again. Only on webkit ( safari and so on ) but not gecko (firefox and mozilla based browsers ).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
please note exact same browser only the user agent was changed
Youll have to navigate away from the site and empty the cache change user agent on browser and the return to the site. Only firefox and IE are supported other browser layout errors are not rushed.
0 Kudos

Re: Problems on Forum after Maintanece

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Free Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

Goffik

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Goffik
Accepted Solution

I have the exact same issue using Chrome. Getting a bit fed up of having to use IE7 for just one of the many websites I visit each day.

GraphiteGB wrote:
Youll have to navigate away from the site and empty the cache change user agent on browser and the return to the site.

Come again? What is a browsers 'user agent'?

0 Kudos

/16

Greaver-

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Greaver-
Accepted Solution

I had the same problem with chrome.

What he means is is clearing the itnernet cache out from the browser. Please make sure you know all of your passwords before you do this as it will delete all that stuff. To do it in chrome, go to your options using the wrench then go "under the bonnet" , you can then clear your browsing data from there and this should resolve your problem...

Greaver.

0 Kudos

/16

Goffik

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Goffik
Accepted Solution

Greaver- wrote:

I had the same problem with chrome.

What he means is is clearing the itnernet cache out from the browser. Please make sure you know all of your passwords before you do this as it will delete all that stuff. To do it in chrome, go to your options using the wrench then go "under the bonnet" , you can then clear your browsing data from there and this should resolve your problem...

Greaver.

Thanks, but I know what the cache is. It was the 'user agent' part I didn't get. I've already  cleared everything, and it has made no difference at all. This forum is still buggered in Chrome.

Guess I'll have a quick look into the user agent then. If it can't be sorted then whatever... no great loss.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Greaver-

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Greaver-
Accepted Solution

haha yeah, I didn't quite understand what he meant haha. I tried to do the clearing as well but it seems it didn't work. It worked last time to clear the cache but it may have been a coincedence :).

I use Chrome as well though and it's annoying having to use IE haha.

Greaver.

0 Kudos

/16

Goffik

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Goffik
Accepted Solution

Changing the user agent does indeed fix this problem. However, it's not much of a solution. I tried a Chrome Extension which claimed to be a browser spoofer, but it didn't work. I then tried creating a new shortcut and adding a switch to change the agent to IE8. It worked, but appears to slow Chrome down a fair bit and also prevents some of Googles pages from loading. Oh well... got two shortcuts for now, until this gets sorted out properly.

For anyone wanting to know how to do it, add --user-agent="custom string" to the target in the shortcut to chrome. For example, this is how to make chrome report itself as IE8 on my machine:

"C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-agent="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Start Chrome with that shortcut, and sites will think you're using IE8.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Spockwad

86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spockwad
Accepted Solution

Anyone speaking English here? :Lol::Help:

Always used to use Chrome without this problem? If it aint' broken, don't fix it!

0 Kudos

/16

Greaver-

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Greaver-
Accepted Solution

Goffik wrote:

Changing the user agent does indeed fix this problem. However, it's not much of a solution. I tried a Chrome Extension which claimed to be a browser spoofer, but it didn't work. I then tried creating a new shortcut and adding a switch to change the agent to IE8. It worked, but appears to slow Chrome down a fair bit and also prevents some of Googles pages from loading. Oh well... got two shortcuts for now, until this gets sorted out properly.

For anyone wanting to know how to do it, add --user-agent="custom string" to the target in the shortcut to chrome. For example, this is how to make chrome report itself as IE8 on my machine:

"C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --user-agent="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Start Chrome with that shortcut, and sites will think you're using IE8.

I have found an easier way if you would like to give it a go.

Download the google extension in chrome called the IE tab. It will open up a tab for you and will emulate IE explorer. I tried it and it allows this forum to work perfectly. Saves me having to mess aorund with the web browser then. Give it a go and see what you think :)

Greaver.

0 Kudos

/16

Goffik

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Goffik
Accepted Solution
Greaver- wrote:

Download the google extension in chrome called the IE tab. It will open up a tab for you and will emulate IE explorer. I tried it and it allows this forum to work perfectly. Saves me having to mess aorund with the web browser then. Give it a go and see what you think :)

Give the man a cookie! :)

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Added the extension and it works. Looks a little odd... almost like 'low quality'... but much better than having to use two browsers.

0 Kudos

/16

Greaver-

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Greaver-
Accepted Solution

Goffik wrote:

Give the man a cookie! :)

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Added the extension and it works. Looks a little odd... almost like 'low quality'... but much better than having to use two browsers.

haha, cheers :D. The text does seem a little odd, compared to when the site actually works on chrome but at least there is now a solution, happy posting :D

Greaver.

0 Kudos

/16

Raybrig_

91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Raybrig_
Accepted Solution
Ok dude, so how do i get it working on my fone then, Sony Satio for the record, it was working untill a few days ago.
0 Kudos

2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca photo 2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca-1_zps09f27495.jpg
/16

RuskyV

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RuskyV
Accepted Solution
Someone need to change a setting or two on the forum side of things i think! its obviously porked in some capacity or other.....
0 Kudos

Bends the Rules, Rules the Bends...
/16

saintsman07

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saintsman07
Accepted Solution

Raybrig_ wrote:
Ok dude, so how do i get it working on my fone then, Sony Satio for the record, it was working untill a few days ago.

You're not the only one with problems viewing it on your phone, I've got a nokia N900 and that doesn't display the forum properly now either. That's using it's inbuilt browser, not tried using firefox on my N900 yet. I'll give it a try later.

It seems to as if it's almost like there's something wrong with the stylesheets/css.

0 Kudos

/16

Gavster11

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gavster11
Accepted Solution

Greaver- wrote:

I have found an easier way if you would like to give it a go.

Greaver.

Cheers Greaver, works great! :)

0 Kudos

SEN: Gavster11
XBox Live: gavster11
Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
By the way forums now back to normal on SAFARI and Idevices using normal user agent as of 1:47.

0 Kudos

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

saintsman07

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saintsman07
Accepted Solution

I can confirm it's back to normal on my nokia n900 too, cos i'm replying here on it and for the last few days it's been unreadable.

Thanks for getting it fixed sony peeps :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
A user agent is a command string that says hello to the site...im FireFox / safari / IE / Chrome
It also says buy the way Im running on LINUX / OSX / Windows / IOS or any other OS from the browser.
Its why sites switch the information they offer you and change lay out when you log on with a Mobile.

Its why PC browsers could not access http://ps3-sd.uk.playstation.com/home/ as they dont have the same User agent as the PS3 browser.
but because the user agent of the PS3 browser is not a PC browser its user agent causes the site eu.playstation.com to divert it to the other site.
But change the user agent and any device can access the PS3 site.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Ta da
Think this is called browser spoofing. but user agent use is supposed to be replaced with real java script browser detection scripts but lithium don't use them or this would not work. Look up a user agent switcher options in google for your browser.
Safaris is in the debu menu. Most mobiles have 1 in the settings menu.
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

ScootaKuH

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ScootaKuH
Accepted Solution
I can't even get it to display right in IE8. Chrome is messed up aswell. The only one that works for me is Firefox.
0 Kudos

/16

buzzthesheep

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
buzzthesheep
Accepted Solution