on 30-03-2012 10:27 PM
on 01-04-2012 02:39 PM
on 01-04-2012 07:47 PM
Well after an expected morning of coming last i returned in the afternoon just for a couple of races with a different car and won on my second race of only five racers but still my first SFS win.I didnt think it could happen tho i did have Coffeebean chewing at my backside most of the time.
on 02-04-2012 07:14 AM
That's fantastic Dave! Coffeebean is a very good driver and you did well to stay ahead of him
I got to track at about seven in the evening and managed to get just over two hours in. I didn't do well at all really and just got in the way of the faster drivers. and on more than one occasion I fell foul of that fast chicane... I just struggled to find a line through there lol.
I am away over the Easter weekend so I won't be at the next SFS
on 06-04-2012 03:04 PM
Welcome to the 8/4/12 Sucker Free Sunday thread.
SFS "Sucker Free Sunday" is an open invitation to all Gran Turismo 5 racers to come down to a track each week and have some fun, learn something new, and hopefully make some friends along the way. Every week, different car/track combos and regulations will be posted here on the OPC Forum, along with any other information you will need. The idea is not so much of a tournament or league (no leaderboards or prizes), but more of a track day to get to know fellow drivers from this forum.
This is an all day event, with the idea that you join in at whatever time of the day is most suitable for you. So if you know when you are likely to be on track please feel free to post in this thread and let others know. We are still running this event in private lobbies so you will need to be on the friends list of a regular user to join the races.
Below is all the information you need to take part in this Sunday's races:
- Cars: Random (Shuffle Racing).
- Tyres: Sports Hard.
- Aids: All turned off apart from the driving line and ABS, which can be set to 1 (maximum).
- Race Start Times: Throughout the day with no more than 15mins between races
- Track: Winners choice (mostly).
- Total Laps: 6 laps (will be adjusted depending on track and grid size)..
- Pitstops: optional
- Game Mode: Normal Race.
- Start Type: Grid Start with false start penalty (keep your foot on the brake untill it says go).
- Grid Order: Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results.
- Boost: No.
- Penalty: Weak.
- PP limit: N/A
- Power limit: N/A
- Weight limit: N/A
- Grip Reduction: Real.
- Mechanical Damage: Light.
- Factory spec.
*READ ME* - Final Information You Need:
- Hosted by 'Pudds' this week. If he hasn't added you on PSN, please add him before Sunday. This is because he will be keeping the lounge open for everyone, even though he might not necessarily be around in person.
- The SFS lounge will be open just before 9am. After you finish a race, whatever time between the race finishing and the next race starting is yours to use in free run or talking. It is up to all of the competitors in the lobby to make sure the races start frequently.
- The lounge text chat will of course be in use. If you have a headset, the voice chat will be live as well. As is normal with the voice chat currently, it might take several minutes to fully kick in, so don't be alarmed if you can't hear anyone to start with.
- Anyone can start the races. The best thing to do, would be to talk to each other either by voice or text chat, so you know everyone is ready to start the next race. Agreeing a start time after each race should be the way to go
- Even though this is SFS, and just a get together, remember to follow the HDC/Honourable Drivers Code.
Finally, the most important thing... have fun out there!
Hello Anonymous! Welcome to the Gran Turismo Boards!
For the latest news and updates on what is happening in the PlayStation community, head over to our Announcements & Events forum.
To post a message, you will need to Sign In to the Forums using your PLAYSTATION®Network Sign In ID and password. If you do not yet have a PSN account, just click here to register.
For more information on Gran Turismo click here!
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]