25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

SLS AMG comp - Ripped off!!!

27 Replies 943 Views Created 29-11-2010

I am so angry, I paid 300 bucks to be able to enter a comp with a code, I was told you purchase it, enter a code and go in the running to win the car - it now states that not only do you have to enter the code you must then start doing things in the crap B-Spec mode that I have zero interest in doing. See below, (before people have a crack at me I was sold the idea of a prize draw, not a specific comp that is going to take time as i have limited time with my game play, I just feel cheated - 

"Sony Computer Entertainment Europe can confirm that the activation of the Gran Turismo® 5 Signature Edition competition will take place in December 2010.  The activation date will be confirmed shortly.

We would like to reassure customers who have purchased the Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition that voucher codes will remain valid and the competition, with the chance to win a Mercedes Benz SLS AMG, will still be going ahead. Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts and we hope that they enjoy the wealth of driving experiences in GT5 until this exciting competition is live.

We’re pleased to reveal that the competition will be based on GT5’s ‘B-Spec Mode’, so any Signature Edition owners should be sure to start levelling up their B-Spec drivers now in preparation.

Further details will be available shortly and will also be posted on this website.

Gran Turismo® 5 Signature Edition competition Q&A

When will the competition start? 

The competition will become active in December 2010. The activation date will be communicated shortly.

How will it work? 
More information on the competition mechanic will be available in due course on this site 

Is my voucher still valid? 
Yes. All Signature Edition voucher codes will be valid at competition launch, so please hold on to your code.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

chriswhv6

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chriswhv6
Accepted Solution

I 100% totally agree with you dude.

I feel the exact same way...The way it was said...We would just have to use the code to enter the comp...

I never remeber hearing anything about having to race in B spec mode...which as u said its just plain boring to do..

What a joke.

Re: SLS AMG comp - Ripped off!!!

/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wildheart90
Accepted Solution
this is how the SLS AMG competition was advertised with the signature edition:

"For those 18 or over and resident in a participating country, the chance to win a real-life Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG - your very own gull-winged, 6.3-litre-engined supercar, in a competition like no other! Full terms and conditions will be made available at www.gran-turismo.com. "

cant blame them for misinterpretation

/16

cheekydevil

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cheekydevil
Accepted Solution

I am considering requesting a refund regarding this - 

I would also love to know where the full terms and conditions are because stuffed if i can actually find it. Sony really need to put a rocket up this developer and up them self because they have really dropped the ball on this.

/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wildheart90
Accepted Solution
to this day i dont think the terms and conditions were ever made available

/16

cheekydevil

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
cheekydevil
Accepted Solution

who would I actually complain to? Would it be pollydelay, sony, GAME?

/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wildheart90
Accepted Solution
i would say start low (as in GAME) then work higher up, testing all levels. however i dont like your chances as they never actually falsely advertised it.

i can tell you for sure that excessive complaining on here (which other uses have now started to do) won't achieve anything

Beta Tester
/16

sidawg2

• Beta Tester
94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sidawg2
Accepted Solution
You've probably got a better chance of winning, instead of a "1 in however many people bought the edition" chance

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

I'm just visualising all the 18 year olds standing next to one another waiting to see who will win a 6.3 litre supercar, only to find out no insurance company will touch them with a ten foot pole

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
/16

iMattel

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iMattel
Accepted Solution

HAHAHA!

You'll be surprised. A friend of mine (23 years of age...and a very hardworking guy) attempted to buy a Lambo. The Insurance companies wouldn't go near him, however he bought a brand new Mercedes Benz C63 AMG and was able to get full insurance. (I know it's a cheaper car...but still...and AMG!)

Anyway, I agree with the topic starter 100%. I work full time. I work hard to afford a $300 game and I'm slapped in the face. 

Sony, I have a sad face. Thanks for the dented black box and a mens wallet that I can't use without looking like a leso.

/16

scattered3

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
scattered3
Accepted Solution

iMattel wrote:

Anyway, I agree with the topic starter 100%. I work full time. I work hard to afford a $300 game and I'm slapped in the face. 

Sony, I have a sad face. Thanks for the dented black box and a mens wallet that I can't use without looking like a leso.

I agree 100%b also.

I complained to Sony about the dents in my lid... i actually recieved a replacement this morning in the Mail... it has a worse finish than the original one did, looks like there's dust & speck marks in the paint, plus it has scuff marks... & A DENT.

I give up.

I'm all for a Class Action... ***** Sony & PD.

/16

Nietsneknarf

30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nietsneknarf
Accepted Solution

Class action huh?

well how do we get the ball rolling?

When life gives ya lemons... just f*ck the lemons and bail.
/16

raptor72au

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
raptor72au
Accepted Solution
I'm just visualising all the 18 year olds standing next to one another waiting to see who will win a 6.3 litre supercar, only to find out no insurance company will touch them with a ten foot pole

In some countries (like Australia) they wont be able to drive it til they are on their open licence.
I didnt bother i would not be game to drive it due to insureance like you said

/16

Buckshot0001

72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Buckshot0001
Accepted Solution

haha yer keep complainin whilst i level up my b spec driver, which im doin rite now, and as for the insurance issue thats another reason 2 sell the car and by an r32 gtst maby thats just me tho oh well

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

I've got a work mate with a R32.... has quite the impressive prescense next to my Primera, lol...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
/16

auswaz

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
auswaz
Accepted Solution
Definetly agree with you there, Bspec is just not interesting enough. 300 it dont quite add up to me. Now with no chance im feeling deceived and dissapointed. I only get maybe 6 hours a week to play that dont give me any chance as i like to drive not watch.

/16

McKie1

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McKie1
Accepted Solution

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing the game (even B-Spec to some exten) but like many others on these forums, I purchased the Signature Edition in good faith that part of the purchase was an entry into a competition to win a 'real-life SLS AMG.'  Coming from a Litigious Family, I have checked the Trade Practices Act (Commonwealth) and it states "If prizes are to be used as an inducement, there must be no misleading statements or hidden catches about them. Examples are:

• The offer of a prize did not inform consumers about the requirement to pay the shipping and delivery costs for the goods.
  • The cost of the ‘free’ item promised is actually already included in the price being paid—for example, where ‘free’ updating is offered with a publication, but the price paid is the same as that normally paid for the publication, which includes the updating service as a matter of course.
  • When a prize is offered but actually it is only the further chance of winning such a prize that is given." Now I am no Lawyer but I would hazard a guess that Sony and Polyphony would have a hard time defending a Class Action if one were to take place IF the competition/prize was not one of drawing from a barrel (so to speak) of those with valid Signature Edition codes, for each Country as per the original sales details '18 & over, participating Country = real-life SLS AMG.' What do others thinkg?

/16

dessy

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dessy
Accepted Solution

McKie1 wrote:

• When a prize is offered but actually it is only the further chance of winning such a prize that is given." Now I am no Lawyer but I would hazard a guess that Sony and Polyphony would have a hard time defending a Class Action if one were to take place IF the competition/prize was not one of drawing from a barrel (so to speak) of those with valid Signature Edition codes, for each Country as per the original sales details '18 & over, participating Country = real-life SLS AMG.' What do others thinkg?

Ummm - I thought it was quite clear that SE purchasers would be given a code to enter a competition, and that competition would be an online race (I didn't know it was going to be B-Spec, but was under the impression it would follow the lines of the Nissan GT Academy comp they've had twice now).

I really can't see where all this 'surprise' is coming from....

Edit:

Here was the announcement made on GTPlanet on August 4th 2010

"

• The “competition entry card” provided with the wallet grants you access to a special competition – one that combines in-game and real-world challenges, much like the GT Academy. The prize, though, is extraordinary: a real Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG super car of your very own. (More details on this competition will be announced later.)
  • Also like the GT Academy, United States, Canadian, and even Japanese fans are out of luck, as the Signature Edition (and the competition) will only be available to residents of the following countries: UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Greece, Czech Republic, Russia, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, UAE and Saudi Arabia."
Source >>> GTPlanet News
So there is nothing there about SE buyers 'going into a draw'. That is the same information that was given at numerous Official sites and Blogs.

[ Edited ]
Photobucket
/16

scattered3

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
scattered3
Accepted Solution

dessy wrote:

McKie1 wrote:

Ummm - I thought it was quite clear that SE purchasers would be given a code to enter a competition, and that competition would be an online race (I didn't know it was going to be B-Spec, but was under the impression it would follow the lines of the Nissan GT Academy comp they've had twice now).

I really can't see where all this 'surprise' is coming from....

Edit:

Here was the announcement made on GTPlanet on August 4th 2010

"

• The “competition entry card” provided with the wallet grants you access to a special competition – one that combines in-game and real-world challenges, much like the GT Academy. The prize, though, is extraordinary: a real Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG super car of your very own. (More details on this competition will be announced later.)
  • Also like the GT Academy, United States, Canadian, and even Japanese fans are out of luck, as the Signature Edition (and the competition) will only be available to residents of the following countries: UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Greece, Czech Republic, Russia, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, UAE and Saudi Arabia."
Source >>> GTPlanet News
So there is nothing there about SE buyers 'going into a draw'. That is the same information that was given at numerous Official sites and Blogs.

I bet i'm not the only one, but i purchased the SE based on advertising that said "& you will go into the Competition to win a real life SLS AMG Mercedes"...

Not, "You will get an entry code that will allow your in game character  to race for the chance to win a chance to race in real life to win a real life SLS AMG Mercedes".

Fair enough... it is a pretty awesome competition "IF" you had a chance at it.

But the only people that have a chance are the GT geeks, young people with no lives, people who have no jobs & basically the people who have the time to sit there & spend all day & night levelling their B-Spec Drivers.... which for all the people who have to actually work & juggle a private life/family... it sux.

/16

dessy

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dessy
Accepted Solution
... so all the people who couldn't afford the insurance anyway and have to watch while someone else drives (B Specs) it away.... yep fair enough...

But to go to the lengths of a class action? Ridiculous

Photobucket
Award Winner
/16

Lion-Face

• Award Winner
94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Lion-Face
Accepted Solution

I don't know where the impression that it was going to be a simple name in hat pick out a winner competition came from.  I always thought it was going to be a SLS Time Attack on a German track or something similar.  In which case only a handful of players had any real chance at winning.

Now that its revealed to be a B-Spec competition, its put everyone on an even playing field and everyone has a chance.  It's certainly unique and I'm going to enjoy competing, regardless where I come.  

Photobucket
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel