Games

Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Level 6

Re: SLS AMG comp - Ripped off!!!

... so all the people who couldn't afford the insurance anyway and have to watch while someone else drives (B Specs) it away.... yep fair enough...

But to go to the lengths of a class action? Ridiculous
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 28 (412 Views)
Level 7

I don't know where the impression that it was going to be a simple name in hat pick out a winner competition came from.  I always thought it was going to be a SLS Time Attack on a German track or something similar.  In which case only a handful of players had any real chance at winning.

Now that its revealed to be a B-Spec competition, its put everyone on an even playing field and everyone has a chance.  It's certainly unique and I'm going to enjoy competing, regardless where I come.  

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 28 (392 Views)
Level 1

Lion-Face wrote: 

Now that its revealed to be a B-Spec competition, its put everyone on an even playing field and everyone has a chance.  It's certainly unique and I'm going to enjoy competing, regardless where I come.  

As i said... it's not exactly fair & it certainly isn't an even playing field.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 28 (366 Views)
Level 1

I can't believe that people would be so ignorant about what could be entailed in a such a competition spread around the globe and the gall to think they didnt need to read the fine print and they should be entitled to a quick easy gimme. The details given were enough to make an informed decision whether you wanted to participate by paying the entrance fee.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/08/04/gran-turismo-5-%E2%80%93-something-special/#more-21620

I bring your attention to this bullet point as part of the package
GT leather wallet containing Signature Edition competition entry card

further down

A dazzling array of content, I’m sure you will agree, but what makes this very special of special editions, well…very special, is a rather unique competition. Those lucky enough to get their hands on the Signature Edition (quantities are going to be strictly limited) will be able to enter an extraordinary competition that will combine in-game and real world driving challenges – the prize at the end of these two stages? A real Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG supercar.

If you dont like the competition then I would be more than happy to receive your code for entry, I have a mate that while not even owning a PS3 would be happy to fork out for a standard edition just to come over and level up a B-Spec Racer on one of my spare PS3s.

It was also a given based on the track record involving Sony/PD that gamers who follow the GT brand/series and from history knew that we would have to "jump through hoops" and that the code was exactly what it was inteded to be. Your purchased exclusive "Right" to enter into to the competition.

Paying 300ish AUD for a barrel draw (which makes it by definition a lottery and NOT a competition) just cheapens the whole image and perfection reaching of PD. At least with B-Spec and a test of skills the only limiting factor for you to win is your own laziness.

I also would be up for a class action against people who class action Sony and PD to change the competition to a lottery.

You should take it up with the particular store you saw with the "false" advertising not Sony nor PD.
As this was announced months in advance of release as to regarding ingame and real life challenges. Any sales person who told you it was a name in the hat draw was ill-informed or telling lies.

While you are at it read a dictionary and find out the meaning of competition and compare that to random hat/barrel lottery/raffle/draw.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 28 (353 Views)
Level 6

What makes you think you had a realistic chance to begin with
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 28 (343 Views)
Level 2

[ Edited ]

why are people saying all this funny stuff about class actions, i dont c where pd lied, it seems like what they explained the whole time, a comp for an sls amg, said so on the site and thats exactly whats happening, but i didnt expect b spec, and as for people saying i dont get much time to play i cant level up b spec driver thats not very fair to you but did you really think you would win an a-spec event anyway, and even though you may have lots of playing time under your belt since gt1 you still would need alot of time at gt5 to be good at it, im really good on gt5p and been playin since gt2 but im still not very good at gt5 yet and iv bin playin a fair bit, also people who lacked skill now are given equal chances with pro's so good for them and im looking forward to this event, also some people are saying there signature edition case is dented, i noticed that the white box mine came in had a small hole but whatever did it didnt seem to go right through to the black tin, lucky me.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 28 (310 Views)
Level 4

@buckshot, because that is what disgruntled gamers do every single time, something happens that dampens their "gaming experience" they jump on the forums and scream "ripped off...sue em... class action, etc":Sleep: :Sleep: :Sleep:

the best thing to do is try and ignore them

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 28 (300 Views)
Level 9

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 28 (276 Views)