25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

SLS AMG comp - Ripped off!!!

27 Replies 951 Views Created 29-11-2010

I am so angry, I paid 300 bucks to be able to enter a comp with a code, I was told you purchase it, enter a code and go in the running to win the car - it now states that not only do you have to enter the code you must then start doing things in the crap B-Spec mode that I have zero interest in doing. See below, (before people have a crack at me I was sold the idea of a prize draw, not a specific comp that is going to take time as i have limited time with my game play, I just feel cheated - 

"Sony Computer Entertainment Europe can confirm that the activation of the Gran Turismo® 5 Signature Edition competition will take place in December 2010.  The activation date will be confirmed shortly.

We would like to reassure customers who have purchased the Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition that voucher codes will remain valid and the competition, with the chance to win a Mercedes Benz SLS AMG, will still be going ahead. Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts and we hope that they enjoy the wealth of driving experiences in GT5 until this exciting competition is live.

We’re pleased to reveal that the competition will be based on GT5’s ‘B-Spec Mode’, so any Signature Edition owners should be sure to start levelling up their B-Spec drivers now in preparation.

Further details will be available shortly and will also be posted on this website.

Gran Turismo® 5 Signature Edition competition Q&A

When will the competition start? 

The competition will become active in December 2010. The activation date will be communicated shortly.

How will it work? 
More information on the competition mechanic will be available in due course on this site 

Is my voucher still valid? 
Yes. All Signature Edition voucher codes will be valid at competition launch, so please hold on to your code.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

scattered3

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
scattered3
Accepted Solution

Lion-Face wrote: 

Now that its revealed to be a B-Spec competition, its put everyone on an even playing field and everyone has a chance.  It's certainly unique and I'm going to enjoy competing, regardless where I come.  

As i said... it's not exactly fair & it certainly isn't an even playing field.

Re: SLS AMG comp - Ripped off!!!

/16

Ragman

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ragman
Accepted Solution

I can't believe that people would be so ignorant about what could be entailed in a such a competition spread around the globe and the gall to think they didnt need to read the fine print and they should be entitled to a quick easy gimme. The details given were enough to make an informed decision whether you wanted to participate by paying the entrance fee.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/08/04/gran-turismo-5-%E2%80%93-something-special/#more-21620

I bring your attention to this bullet point as part of the package
GT leather wallet containing Signature Edition competition entry card

further down

A dazzling array of content, I’m sure you will agree, but what makes this very special of special editions, well…very special, is a rather unique competition. Those lucky enough to get their hands on the Signature Edition (quantities are going to be strictly limited) will be able to enter an extraordinary competition that will combine in-game and real world driving challenges – the prize at the end of these two stages? A real Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG supercar.

If you dont like the competition then I would be more than happy to receive your code for entry, I have a mate that while not even owning a PS3 would be happy to fork out for a standard edition just to come over and level up a B-Spec Racer on one of my spare PS3s.

It was also a given based on the track record involving Sony/PD that gamers who follow the GT brand/series and from history knew that we would have to "jump through hoops" and that the code was exactly what it was inteded to be. Your purchased exclusive "Right" to enter into to the competition.

Paying 300ish AUD for a barrel draw (which makes it by definition a lottery and NOT a competition) just cheapens the whole image and perfection reaching of PD. At least with B-Spec and a test of skills the only limiting factor for you to win is your own laziness.

I also would be up for a class action against people who class action Sony and PD to change the competition to a lottery.

You should take it up with the particular store you saw with the "false" advertising not Sony nor PD.
As this was announced months in advance of release as to regarding ingame and real life challenges. Any sales person who told you it was a name in the hat draw was ill-informed or telling lies.

While you are at it read a dictionary and find out the meaning of competition and compare that to random hat/barrel lottery/raffle/draw.

Beta Tester
/16

sidawg2

• Beta Tester
94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sidawg2
Accepted Solution
What makes you think you had a realistic chance to begin with

/16

eatmydirt

72%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
eatmydirt
Accepted Solution

McKie1 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing the game (even B-Spec to some exten) but like many others on these forums, I purchased the Signature Edition in good faith that part of the purchase was an entry into a competition to win a 'real-life SLS AMG.'  Coming from a Litigious Family, I have checked the Trade Practices Act (Commonwealth) and it states "If prizes are to be used as an inducement, there must be no misleading statements or hidden catches about them. Examples are:

• The offer of a prize did not inform consumers about the requirement to pay the shipping and delivery costs for the goods.
  • The cost of the ‘free’ item promised is actually already included in the price being paid—for example, where ‘free’ updating is offered with a publication, but the price paid is the same as that normally paid for the publication, which includes the updating service as a matter of course.
  • When a prize is offered but actually it is only the further chance of winning such a prize that is given." Now I am no Lawyer but I would hazard a guess that Sony and Polyphony would have a hard time defending a Class Action if one were to take place IF the competition/prize was not one of drawing from a barrel (so to speak) of those with valid Signature Edition codes, for each Country as per the original sales details '18 & over, participating Country = real-life SLS AMG.' What do others thinkg?

Wow talk about trying to ruin it for others that will be happy to compete and really are looking forward to giving it a red hot go.

You would seriously really rather a plain old prize draw??? - BORING.

If you form a successful class action, and take my chance of winning the car "in a competition like no other" then I will look into suing you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
GT6 - For the next generation (and I don't mean PS4)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
/16

Buckshot0001

72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Buckshot0001
Accepted Solution

why are people saying all this funny stuff about class actions, i dont c where pd lied, it seems like what they explained the whole time, a comp for an sls amg, said so on the site and thats exactly whats happening, but i didnt expect b spec, and as for people saying i dont get much time to play i cant level up b spec driver thats not very fair to you but did you really think you would win an a-spec event anyway, and even though you may have lots of playing time under your belt since gt1 you still would need alot of time at gt5 to be good at it, im really good on gt5p and been playin since gt2 but im still not very good at gt5 yet and iv bin playin a fair bit, also people who lacked skill now are given equal chances with pro's so good for them and im looking forward to this event, also some people are saying there signature edition case is dented, i noticed that the white box mine came in had a small hole but whatever did it didnt seem to go right through to the black tin, lucky me.

[ Edited ]
/16

Desudro-Xuror

93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Desudro-Xuror
Accepted Solution

@buckshot, because that is what disgruntled gamers do every single time, something happens that dampens their "gaming experience" they jump on the forums and scream "ripped off...sue em... class action, etc":Sleep: :Sleep: :Sleep:

the best thing to do is try and ignore them

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel