Problem Solved

View Original Post
26 Dec 2013
By eddythedog2

eddythedog2

44%
02 Rank
Progress

Some of the GT6 Kart events are almost impossible.

39 Replies 38,539 Views Created 26-12-2013
26 Dec 2013
By eddythedog2

So far i been enjoying GT6 a lot.The events where fair.Then at National A Clubman Kart Cup 100 A brick hit me.The 1st event was fine a tad hard some resets only took 5 mins and its was done then the second event and boy oh my god i was shocked.

1st off how on anyway the AL karts are faster then you?

And the drifts jeez looks like i am driving a drift car.

I tried so many times i given up on it.

I was on the event for over 45mins.More then 50+Resets.

The closest on ranking was 5th.

Never even finished it.

I have never seen a hard event like this? :Argh: Any ideas?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Couldn't agree more.

I found the kart events tough, particularly the short track circuits.

Plenty of restarts here too. :smileytongue:

And there's very little you can do about it due to no tuning.

I was pushing too hard on every corner, and all it did was slow me down.

Braking late, locking the wheels, running wide, banging the throttle too early on the way out and drifting or spinning, and of course trying desperate overtakes and burying the nose into a barrier.

I kept thinking eventually I would get a good run and persisted.

But in the end I had much more success by braking early and letting the kart roll around the tight corners with no throttle and letting the grip help you carry good corner speed and a tight line.

I found being relaxed helped you find a nice rhythm.

And eventually you will pick off the guys infront one by one.

Good luck with it.

Re: Some of the GT6 Kart events are almost impossible.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

eddythedog2

44%
02 Rank
Progress
eddythedog2
Accepted Solution

Tassie_tiger wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

I found the kart events tough, particularly the short track circuits.

Plenty of restarts here too. :smileytongue:

And there's very little you can do about it due to no tuning.

I was pushing too hard on every corner, and all it did was slow me down.

Braking late, locking the wheels, running wide, banging the throttle too early on the way out and drifting or spinning, and of course trying desperate overtakes and burying the nose into a barrier.

I kept thinking eventually I would get a good run and persisted.

But in the end I had much more success by braking early and letting the kart roll around the tight corners with no throttle and letting the grip help you carry good corner speed and a tight line.

I found being relaxed helped you find a nice rhythm.

And eventually you will pick off the guys infront one by one.

Good luck with it.

Looks like it give it a try later i hope it works.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

Yeh, like I say with no tuning or adjustments there's very little you can do but try and try again.

That 'relaxed' approach I used was for the Kart Space and GT Arena events.

I found them frustrating to say the least.

And something had to change because the go hard tactic simply wasn't working.

But as you were saying, the longer outdoor tracks can be conquered fairly easily with a little practise, plus you can/need to take a more aggressive approach on them.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fastfast

88%
02 Rank
Progress
fastfast
Accepted Solution
Brake late and hard. Tap the other drivers they slow down for a few moments out of shock. Accelerate as soon as you can.

No one has told you that it goes up to a 125 shifter.

You can change the gear ratio so it is wise to test it out on the track by yourself to get the maximum speed. I found that the GT arena speed is optimum at 87mph, I know because I tried so many times and the others are best at default ratio.

Other than those two pointers and concentrating and being in the zone is the best way

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mep002a

39%
02 Rank
Progress
mep002a
Accepted Solution

Karting is supposed to be difficult, if you think about it. Most of the worlds top drivers actually start in kart racing. It is a great place to learn throttle, brake and stearing control. Yeah, they are really hard, but well worth the driving experence imo.

0 Kudos

Find me easily: PNSID: tjohnsey2000

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GTuristi

99%
05 Rank
Progress
GTuristi
Accepted Solution

If I remember correctly, these have fully customized gearbox. In the first event I added a bit the top speed but for the Karting Arena & GT Arena I reduced it a bit so it would accelerate faster as there's not long enough straight to reach very high top speed anyway.

I noticed in the first one or two laps it looks like there's no hope catching up the competitors but later laps it becomes easier to catch them. Also computer drivers take corners very slowly so there's a good chance to overtake them.

I've got my own brickwall in the game, in the 5th Goodwood events I haven't been able to reach gold yet. Silver is the best I have managed so far. Especially the one with Redbull X seems to be near impossible as the steering is so sensitive & the car is so extremely fast.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PhoeniX-J-five

93%
06 Rank
Progress
PhoeniX-J-five
Accepted Solution

The RedBull is more about the exit of the corner, as the top speed is so daft you can make up the time lost through taking it a bit easier on entering and rolling through.

For the Karts, try and do consistent lap times if anything, and the rubber band AI should come back to you too.

Not tried it post patch, so I don't know if they've changed how strong the rubber band effect is now but I was having a struggle on the GT arena races in the later licences, and the rubber band of the AI sucked them back to me in on the last two or so laps anyway

For the GT track, (and other tight corners) Brake late but straighen up the steering. Turn tight into the corner, but don't keep it there for the longer hairpins or the rear will come round on you, same applies when booting it out of corners.

Try to keep the transition between these phases as smooth as possible though too (More so on the GT arena track as it's one of those kind of tracks where if you try and attack it, it'll punish your lap times)

(The bigger Karts later on will slide going through high speed corners that didn't even give you a problem to get round before, so you'll also need to play with the throttle while turning some corners in the faster ones, eg last corner of the indoor track)

It's also way easier with a wheel, but still do-able on the pad ;)

Saying that, I think the Karts in GT6 are alot easier to catch than GT5 too. GT5 if it started to spin was a real handful to get it back and most of the time ended with a close up look at a wall!

Just keep at it and you'll start to learn how they react to what you're doing and how to drive them

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wardywobbler

42%
02 Rank
Progress
wardywobbler
Accepted Solution

don't agree one bit, i like a chalenge but the karting is stupidly hard, you must be some sort of sadist mate!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fastfast

88%
02 Rank
Progress
fastfast
Accepted Solution
Not a sadist but determined I was NOT going to let that race be the better of me
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
99%
08 Rank
Progress
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

If you're really struggling, then I'd probably suggest that you avoid late braking, especially if this means turning into a corner while still under heavy braking.

Try braking in a straight line just before you arrive at the corner, then turn and coast through to the apex. From there, apply the accelerator gently.. don't floor it.

Aside from that, try to get into the slipstream of the AI as much as you can. Even on small straights you can still get a good tow, which can make a big difference in catching the lead karts. Someone else suggested bumping the other karts to slow them down. I disagree, because doing so scrubs off too much speed from your own kart (this has always been my experience anyway). 

0 Kudos

A mended<

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

AAAAAAAARRGH wrote:

If you're really struggling, then I'd probably suggest that you avoid late braking, especially if this means turning into a corner while still under heavy braking.

Try braking in a straight line just before you arrive at the corner, then turn and coast through to the apex. From there, apply the accelerator gently.. don't floor it.

Aside from that, try to get into the slipstream of the AI as much as you can. Even on small straights you can still get a good tow, which can make a big difference in catching the lead karts. Someone else suggested bumping the other karts to slow them down. I disagree, because doing so scrubs off too much speed from your own kart (this has always been my experience anyway). 

Agreed.

I was struggling, and I had much more success doing it this way.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

Tassie_tiger

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Tassie_tiger
Accepted Solution

There's an opportunity today to get some free fun practise againt some human players if you wish.

Todays Sucker Free Sunday event is on the GT Arena using karts.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Events/SFS-Sucker-Free-Sunday-GT6/m-p/20476657/highlight/...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

bonkersfoxhound

• Beta Tester
97%
10 Rank
Progress
bonkersfoxhound
Accepted Solution

what view are you using, i found them to be hard whilst in first person, switch to 3rd ( behind kart )gold on all.

giveit a try, the kart turns quicker than you think so switching view gives a better view of obsticals 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wardywobbler

42%
02 Rank
Progress
wardywobbler
Accepted Solution

well agree mate with the karting terrible, you've got to be some sort of freak to win them races, and yer drift what is it even doing on gran turismo crappy need for speed game, they never get it quite right do they, bad form!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BigMoab

88%
05 Rank
Progress
BigMoab
Accepted Solution

I found the karts challenging myself but passed them eventually. The 125 Shifter Karts I found impossible so I added about 20-25kg of weight to the rear but put about 5-8kg of weight in the for the last race. 

0 Kudos

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lord_Bicester

74%
02 Rank
Progress
Lord_Bicester
Accepted Solution

I've noticed in the arena events that the AI karts slow down significantly later in the race. I can get up to about 4th on Lap 1 no problem but up until lap 4 the leaders pull away. Many might give up at this stage and start again but you can still win if you keep going.

I'm normally as much as six seconds behind by that stage having lost at least a second a lap to the leaders on laps 2, 3 and 4 but then their lap times drop by 2 or 3 seconds per lap and you can reel them in.

This worked for the first two championships, I am about to try the 125 Shifter event tonight so I'll let you know how I get on.

I set the max speed quite low on the arena/ indoor events to improve acceleration, no good at Silverstone though, they'll blow you away on the straights, you want to put it up to somewhere in the 90s.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

cannibalcupcake

26%
02 Rank
Progress
cannibalcupcake
Accepted Solution
The best you can do is drive with a steering wheel. I had no problems at all winning the kart races, honestly a bit sad it's so easy for me. Haven't really had any problems winning races unless when I've been tired and making stupid mistakes.

Keep your speed up in the corners, ease on the accelerator and keep away from walls and AI and you should be good. A mistake/spin costs a lot more than a tenth of a second every lap.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fastfast

88%
02 Rank
Progress
fastfast
Accepted Solution
I spin normally costs at least five places once you get your speed back up
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lord_Bicester

74%
02 Rank
Progress
Lord_Bicester
Accepted Solution

Well I was up until 3am last night trying to win the last event in the 125k shifter cup. Have tried every possible combination of ballast, gear ratios etc but just cannot win this one event - golded everything in the game up to this point.

I think you have got to be absolutely perfect over the 8 laps, no room for a single error and you've also got to get a bit lucky encountering ng the AI. Anything less than foot perfect and you're off the track.

The best position I have managed at the end of lap 1 is 7th and best finish overall is Silver, just under a second behind the leader. Been very close a couple of times but just can't quite nail him on the last lap, overdriven trying and blown it - Grrrr!!!

I think I am going to have to go on to the next event or I am going to go crazy.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

reidiPS

22%
02 Rank
Progress
reidiPS
Accepted Solution

No need to be perfect.

See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKO9iZJ7R1M

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel