Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Something rather amusing, and rediculous.

While I see your point Krymzen I take the opposite view. If you don't 'moan' and constantly ask then you get nowhere, not that we have come very far anyway but just getting the little information we have is because people do moan.

Imagine if people didn't moan. It would go two ways, Sony would be extremely worried that no0one is interested in GT5 or they would not release any information at all saving on advertising.

For me a game that has been 6 years almost in the making and as we have learnt has been delayed because of 3d and PS move is frankly disgusting. Surely these things could have been added later as DLC.

I hope 3d does not prove to be a white elephant for them but surely they realise this feature is not wanted by the vast majority of users. Many users have only just forked out for a hd tv do they honestly think that people can just go out and get a 3d tv just like that and in a recession?

Why couldn't they have done what the makers of Batman Asylum have done and release a separate game for 3d if they are that sure about it's promise.

tbh though I couldn't care less when they do release it but I do care about the way they treat potential customers and more importantly loyal GT fans. I don't see their strategy and if they have one it stinks.

Why can't they tell us what is in the game? As the game is a PS3 only one what are they afraid of?

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (356 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Crow1964 wrote:

While I see your point Krymzen I take the opposite view. If you don't 'moan' and constantly ask then you get nowhere, not that we have come very far anyway but just getting the little information we have is because people do moan.

Imagine if people didn't moan. It would go two ways, Sony would be extremely worried that no0one is interested in GT5 or they would not release any information at all saving on advertising.

For me a game that has been 6 years almost in the making and as we have learnt has been delayed because of 3d and PS move is frankly disgusting. Surely these things could have been added later as DLC.

I hope 3d does not prove to be a white elephant for them but surely they realise this feature is not wanted by the vast majority of users. Many users have only just forked out for a hd tv do they honestly think that people can just go out and get a 3d tv just like that and in a recession?

Why couldn't they have done what the makers of Batman Asylum have done and release a separate game for 3d if they are that sure about it's promise.

tbh though I couldn't care less when they do release it but I do care about the way they treat potential customers and more importantly loyal GT fans. I don't see their strategy and if they have one it stinks.

All so very true. If this was some low expectation, B-list title then fair enough. (To be honest, it probably wouldn't be acceptable, but hey-ho...) I struggle to think of a) A fanbase more devoted and loyal than GT's, and b) A fanbase treated more shoddily than GT's.

Put these together, and the lack of respect shown to them is unacceptable. New hardware and tech seems to be evolving quicker than the darn game, and with every change that arises (Ooooh, 3D! Ooooh, PS Move!) they seem obsessed with implementing them, no matter how unbenefitial they seem to be to the game. (Anyone else think that Move is a completely unsuitable method of control for this title? Or any other driving title bar something like Mario Kart?)

All this stinks of Sony being more behind the delays than PD the more I think of it. Sony cramming all their new technological eggs in GT's basket. Question is, what's going to give first? The eggs, or the basket? Surely one or the other is going to suffer...

Till next rant...

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (325 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I agree with both of you,Crowsy and Funky, but i think Kry is getting at the moaners who do not do it in a constructive manner!!

@ move, not sure how this fits with GT5, pit mini games, head movement......dunno really......not long now till E3

2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca photo 2-200113012533_zps87ba21ca-1_zps09f27495.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16 (320 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Raybrig_ wrote:

@ move, not sure how this fits with GT5, pit mini games, head movement......dunno really......not long now till E3

Only thing I would welcome Move in GT for is gesticulating, then throwing your helmet at your co-driver in rally stages. That, or nothing please Mr KY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gluw35vKqA

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16 (316 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

funky_skunk wrote:
Anyone else think that Move is a completely unsuitable method of control for this title? Or any other driving title bar something like Mario Kart?

I do, and I will be honest, I think adding 3D in is a bit of a push when HD's only just become mainstream.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16 (308 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Something rather amusing, and ridiculous.

The move will probably come in for people who have not got room for a steering wheel set up.

You hold both of the move controllers as if you were holding a steering wheel and when you need to shift up you move your hand down to your side and flick the controller forward to change down and back to change up. But to do this you would need two of the ball controller.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16 (300 Views)
0 Kudos